Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    vCash
    [QUOTE=bagwell368;24592547]I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?[/QUOTE]

Gomes isnt playing LF

JG: RF

SV: CF

LF: Empty

And who would that be?

vCash
    Hamilton will be 34 and out of his prime by the time this team is really ready to contend. I don't see why people love him so much.

I know Bags doesn't like him, but I'd rather trade Buchholz in a package for Upton and get a 25 year old high ceiling OF. There will be other guys of Buchholz's caliber that are available by 2015. This team doesn't need to commit $100M to a guy who will be 32 and slumped for the latter half of 2012, especially given the risk teams take in signing him.

vCash
    buster olney@buster_espn

rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."

How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Bargain basement shopping only. Very unlikely. I can't wait until he is signed so this topic can be euthanized.
    LOL. Come on Bags it would be like having Manny all over again expect instead of disappearing into the scoreboard to take a leak JH would be heading back there for a hooker and an 8 ball.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Soxfan85;24592606]
    I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?[/QUOTE]

Gomes isnt playing LF

And who would that be?
    No guarantee that Ells is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Gomes isnt playing LF

And who would that be?
    Right now Gomes is playing LF, because Ellsbury is playing CF.

Put it this way, the chances of the Red Sox signing JH are a lot less then them dealing Ellsbury in the next 7 months.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    buster olney@buster_espn

rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."

How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    What team would run it's affairs based on the garbage that sports writers spew?

The Mets come to mind....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    What team would run it's affairs based on the garbage that sports writers spew?

The Mets come to mind....
    good point
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Hamilton will be 34 and out of his prime by the time this team is really ready to contend. I don't see why people love him so much.

I know Bags doesn't like him, but I'd rather trade Buchholz in a package for Upton and get a 25 year old high ceiling OF. There will be other guys of Buchholz's caliber that are available by 2015. This team doesn't need to commit $100M to a guy who will be 32 and slumped for the latter half of 2012, especially given the risk teams take in signing him.
    Yeah. If it's Bucchholz+ for Upton vs 5 years of Hamilton at $25M per, sign me up for Upton all day. Althoug it looks like a mega 4 way with Andrus involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post

But but but but Hamilton's changed! He has no chance at relapsing! I swear I read an article about it! Ok, maybe not an article, but a respectable blog by some guy I've never heard of. Come on, it would be a feel good story that only has almost a 80% chance of failing. Do you know what that means? Yes! 20% chance of success!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    Depends in what they view as overpayment. Red Sox might not think that Myers is more valuable than Lester, who knows?

I'd be shocked if both - Ells and Lester - were part of the 2013 team, I get the feeling that one of them is gone. Royals still ned to make a move and it sounds like the rays are engaged in talks with ARZ, TEX and CLE. So Lester for Myers/Hosmer is possibly still in play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Gomes isnt playing LF

And who would that be?
    Gomes has no where else to play if he's not a LF or DH. He's playing LF.

Currently we have:

LF: Gomes/Left-handed platoon option like Kalish or Nava or a piece not brought in yet

CF: Ellsbury

RF: Victorino

While I think the Sox are definitely looking to move Ellsbury, they want fair value, and would be comfortable going into the season with the above as their OF.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Soxfan85;24592606]
    I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

Gomes isnt playing LF

And who would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    But but but but Hamilton's changed! He has no chance at relapsing! I swear I read an article about it! Ok, maybe not an article, but a respectable blog by some guy I've never heard of. Come on, it would be a feel good story that only has almost a 80% chance of failing. Do you know what that means? Yes! 20% chance of success!
    http://www.2013mixtapes.com/wp-conte...tf-470x470.jpg

vCash
    Hosmer isnt a fit anymore.

Personally I'd be shocked if we didnt at least try very hard to land Myers, Upton, or Stanton.

I'm still willing to take a risk with the Lester for Myers deal. Lester for Myers + Yordano Ventura/Adalberto Mondesi/Jorge Bonifacio, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The core of this team needs to be shaken up.
    Last edited by Nomar; 12-05-2012 at 12:18 PM.

vCash

JonHeymanCBS #rangers said working hard now on justin upton.
    Prob can cross JU off list