Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 2366
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=bagwell368;24592547]I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

    JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

    BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?[/QUOTE]

    Gomes isnt playing LF

    JG: RF

    SV: CF

    LF: Empty

    And who would that be?

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,775
    vCash
    1500
    Hamilton will be 34 and out of his prime by the time this team is really ready to contend. I don't see why people love him so much.

    I know Bags doesn't like him, but I'd rather trade Buchholz in a package for Upton and get a 25 year old high ceiling OF. There will be other guys of Buchholz's caliber that are available by 2015. This team doesn't need to commit $100M to a guy who will be 32 and slumped for the latter half of 2012, especially given the risk teams take in signing him.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Mass
    Posts
    1,167
    vCash
    1500
    buster olney@buster_espn

    rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."

    How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    The name is Amendola....

    ...Danny Amendola

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Bargain basement shopping only. Very unlikely. I can't wait until he is signed so this topic can be euthanized.
    LOL. Come on Bags it would be like having Manny all over again expect instead of disappearing into the scoreboard to take a leak JH would be heading back there for a hooker and an 8 ball.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,775
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=Soxfan85;24592606]
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

    JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

    BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?[/QUOTE]

    Gomes isnt playing LF

    JG: RF

    SV: CF

    LF: Empty

    And who would that be?
    No guarantee that Ells is gone

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Gomes isnt playing LF

    JG: RF

    SV: CF

    LF: Empty

    And who would that be?
    Right now Gomes is playing LF, because Ellsbury is playing CF.

    Put it this way, the chances of the Red Sox signing JH are a lot less then them dealing Ellsbury in the next 7 months.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    buster olney@buster_espn

    rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."

    How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    What team would run it's affairs based on the garbage that sports writers spew?

    The Mets come to mind....


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Mass
    Posts
    1,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    What team would run it's affairs based on the garbage that sports writers spew?

    The Mets come to mind....
    good point
    The name is Amendola....

    ...Danny Amendola

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Hamilton will be 34 and out of his prime by the time this team is really ready to contend. I don't see why people love him so much.

    I know Bags doesn't like him, but I'd rather trade Buchholz in a package for Upton and get a 25 year old high ceiling OF. There will be other guys of Buchholz's caliber that are available by 2015. This team doesn't need to commit $100M to a guy who will be 32 and slumped for the latter half of 2012, especially given the risk teams take in signing him.
    Yeah. If it's Bucchholz+ for Upton vs 5 years of Hamilton at $25M per, sign me up for Upton all day. Althoug it looks like a mega 4 way with Andrus involved.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,663
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Hamilton will be 34 and out of his prime by the time this team is really ready to contend. I don't see why people love him so much.

    I know Bags doesn't like him, but I'd rather trade Buchholz in a package for Upton and get a 25 year old high ceiling OF. There will be other guys of Buchholz's caliber that are available by 2015. This team doesn't need to commit $100M to a guy who will be 32 and slumped for the latter half of 2012, especially given the risk teams take in signing him.
    But but but but Hamilton's changed! He has no chance at relapsing! I swear I read an article about it! Ok, maybe not an article, but a respectable blog by some guy I've never heard of. Come on, it would be a feel good story that only has almost a 80% chance of failing. Do you know what that means? Yes! 20% chance of success!

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    How does this go public? So basically any team knows they are overpaying for these players if the redsox accept the deal? What team would complete a trade knowing they are overpaying?
    Depends in what they view as overpayment. Red Sox might not think that Myers is more valuable than Lester, who knows?

    I'd be shocked if both - Ells and Lester - were part of the 2013 team, I get the feeling that one of them is gone. Royals still ned to make a move and it sounds like the rays are engaged in talks with ARZ, TEX and CLE. So Lester for Myers/Hosmer is possibly still in play.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southeast, MA
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Gomes isnt playing LF

    JG: RF

    SV: CF

    LF: Empty

    And who would that be?
    Gomes has no where else to play if he's not a LF or DH. He's playing LF.

    Currently we have:

    LF: Gomes/Left-handed platoon option like Kalish or Nava or a piece not brought in yet

    CF: Ellsbury

    RF: Victorino

    While I think the Sox are definitely looking to move Ellsbury, they want fair value, and would be comfortable going into the season with the above as their OF.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,775
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=Soxfan85;24592606]
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

    JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

    BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?[/QUOTE]

    Gomes isnt playing LF

    JG: RF

    SV: CF

    LF: Empty

    And who would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    But but but but Hamilton's changed! He has no chance at relapsing! I swear I read an article about it! Ok, maybe not an article, but a respectable blog by some guy I've never heard of. Come on, it would be a feel good story that only has almost a 80% chance of failing. Do you know what that means? Yes! 20% chance of success!
    http://www.2013mixtapes.com/wp-conte...tf-470x470.jpg

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,775
    vCash
    1500
    Hosmer isnt a fit anymore.

    Personally I'd be shocked if we didnt at least try very hard to land Myers, Upton, or Stanton.

    I'm still willing to take a risk with the Lester for Myers deal. Lester for Myers + Yordano Ventura/Adalberto Mondesi/Jorge Bonifacio, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The core of this team needs to be shaken up.
    Last edited by Nomar; 12-05-2012 at 12:18 PM.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,898
    vCash
    1500

    JonHeymanCBS #rangers said working hard now on justin upton.
    Prob can cross JU off list

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •