Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    i got another hour with this paper. For those of you not in college, the Only time its sucks is basically the last 3 weeks of each semester
    Yeah I can't wait to just get home and chill for a month. Really gotta start studying. All of my finals are during the first three days of next week. (If you couldnt guess by my avy i go to UConn)

vCash
    rather trade Lester for meyers, than trade all our specs for stanton
    I wish and i agree. i would want to hold on too one of Jackie Bradley or Bogaerts. Which do you think has a higher ceiling of potential?. I also think a blockbuster deal is the works. Things are too quiet today.

vCash
    i got another hour with this paper. For those of you not in college, the Only time its sucks is basically the last 3 weeks of each semester
    Goodluck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I wish and i agree. i would want to hold on too one of Jackie Bradley or Bogaerts. Which do you think has a higher ceiling of potential?. I also think a blockbuster deal is the works. Things are too quiet today.
    Def Bogaerts and by a big margin. Bradley has the higher floor though.

vCash
    I wish and i agree. i would want to hold on too one of Jackie Bradley or Bogaerts. Which do you think has a higher ceiling of potential?
    Bogaerts and it's not close.

I also think a blockbuster deal is the works. Things are too quiet today.
    Look at the time it is, of course it's quiet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Bogaerts and it's not close.

Look at the time it is, of course it's quiet.
    I was talking about yesterday in General. Lol. I also know Bogaerts has the highest ceiling. The main i asked was due to the fact the Marlins would definitely ask for Bogaerts, so i want us to keep Bradley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Def Bogaerts and by a big margin. Bradley has the higher floor though.
    by floor do you mean where is potential stops. like levels out

vCash
    by floor do you mean where is potential stops. like levels out
    No like the worst Bradley can be is better than the worst Bogaerts can be. Bogaerts is a higher risk, but comes with a higher reward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    No like the worst Bradley can be is better than the worst Bogaerts can be. Bogaerts is a higher risk, but comes with a higher reward.
    Got it. Thanks Bro. so pretty much let's say the worst Bogaerts can be is a 250 hitter with 15 stolen bases,if compared to Bradley that would be his floor Right.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-05-2012 at 03:59 AM.

vCash
    I see what your saying but its kinda confusing since Boagerts has the higher ceiling so why would bradley floor be higher than Boagerts

vCash
    Presently he's the more polished/advanced player, but should Bogaerts reach his ceiling, he'll be the better player by a significant margin.

vCash
    Bogaerts is 4-10 Bradley is a 6-8

vCash
    I gotta feeling wooooooohoooooooooo todays gonna be a big day... that todays gonna be a big big day!!

Sorry had to do it lol...

I feel like today there are going to be some big moves made! Potentially with us trading Ellsbury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I gotta feeling wooooooohoooooooooo todays gonna be a big day... that todays gonna be a big big day!!

Sorry had to do it lol...

I feel like today there are going to be some big moves made! Potentially with us trading Ellsbury.
    Seriously, what will get for Ellsbury? Say it's 1x.

If he gets hurt or sucks at the deadline it's 0x.

If he plays well and is healthy, and two teams need a CF/leadoff guy badly, you might 2.5x (in the form of specs). What contending team would give you a key 25 man roster piece? What team out of the running would give you anything?

Not you per se, but Sox fans are hoping for too much here. If we must trade now it would have to be for an aging $15M+ SP with one year of control on a team desperate for a CF before ST that doesn't like or misses out on the FA CF's.

I don't know about you, but a SP with a clean bill of health that is a #3 in the AL East that we get for one year that costs $6-12M more this year than Ellsbury I wouldn't classify as a big deal return. Same for a banged up #1.5 SP that's seen too many winters and miles on the arm. This only works if the Sox really feel Ellsbury is one of the real negative guys in the clubhouse.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-05-2012 at 09:21 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The Red Sox still need someone to back-up Mike Napoli at first base, writes Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com. While names like Carlos Pena and Casey Kotchman are on the market, general manager Ben Cherington would prefer the backup to be someone who can play multiple positions.
    why does Ben want another Multi-positional player? not complaining btw

Pena i assume wants to start so i doubt we'd bring him in, though he is a good first baseman defensively and obviously has power but his average is always too low.

Kotchman idr too much about him but he had a real good season w/ the rays a few seasons ago iirc....he a lefty also ?