Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 158 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hostile *** thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    No offense bags but im glad you are not the Gm. It's not fair to a point that you are judging Hamilton because of his past. His drug and alcohol problems. No one would like for someone to judge us solely on our past. Furthermore,for all we know, Hamilton could come here and produce great, turn his life around and be a role model. Name me a single player that hasn't done something stupid or bad.
    Too bad the posts from my first few years are now gone, you'd have seen a very aggressive set of suggestions. I know that my predictions since not wanting to extend Lowell are hard to beat around here.

There are times for that, and there are times to punt. This team:

1. doesn't have a lot of youth ready to help this year
    2. doesn't have a lot of tradeable pieces that we don't need to compete
    3. are facing a meh FA class, with other teams with lots of needs and lots of money. You don't seriously think we will get the lion's share of this group?
    4. Our 25 man roster has lots of holes - and #1-3 won't be enough to get this team up over 90 wins in 2013, and even if it does, we won't win the WS. I'm calling it today.

I don't give a **** about political correctness - or second chances for 10x losers. This is my team, and its budget and reputation. I want nothing to do with Hamilton. I gave my reasons. Accept them, or not. Yesterday you seemed to accept them. I'm sick of talking about a guy that isn't coming here. Bring him up in post addressed to me again, and I promise I will be far less polite.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    He's never going to change his mind. I agree with 100 percent with you, but Bags is so high on how well he can get his stats right that he thinks his opinions are almighty. I bet he'd even be against Babe Ruth for his eating habits or Mickey Mantle for his drinking problems. lol

I completely agree with you on Hamilton though. Man can hit, and we need another power bat in our lineup.
    There are times to go for it and times to punt. This team isn't going to make it. I've had far more than my share of correct calls of what will/should happen around here. What's your track record? Sign everybody, Pedrioia is a god, and rah rah full steam ahead?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Too bad the posts from my first few years are now gone, you'd have seen a very aggressive set of suggestions. I know that my predictions since not wanting to extend Lowell are hard to beat around here.

There are times for that, and there are times to punt. This team:

1. doesn't have a lot of youth ready to help this year
    2. doesn't have a lot of tradeable pieces that we don't need to compete
    3. are facing a meh FA class, with other teams with lots of needs and lots of money. You don't seriously think we will get the lion's share of this group?
    4. Our 25 man roster has lots of holes - and #1-3 won't be enough to get this team up over 90 wins in 2013, and even if it does, we won't win the WS. I'm calling it today.

I don't give a **** about political correctness - or second chances for 10x losers. This is my team, and its budget and reputation. I want nothing to do with Hamilton. I gave my reasons. Accept them, or not. Yesterday you seemed to accept them. I'm sick of talking about a guy that isn't coming here. Bring him up in post addressed to me again, and I promise I will be far less polite.
    I agree with everything you said above. I just disagree with you about signing Hamilton. We just respectfully agree to disagree and move on.

vCash
    I Never said i was the Gm and all oh Certain players can't play in Boston is Hogwash and Media made up fantasy. No one knows whether Hamilton could play in Boston or not. Everyone has and are entitled to their opinions, but let's not act its grounded on facts. Opinions are subjective not objective.
    Unless opinions are based on facts. Go ahead, ask anybody that was around when we were talking signing CC and than did it. Ask them how many posts I railed against him - both on stats and the man playing Boston.

Lastly, why are you glad im not the Gm. Is it because i don't hate him like someone people do here and hold his past against him. I never once suggested we sign Hamilton for 5 years and 175 mil. I clearly said we should offer him a 4 year 135 mil with an option for a 5th. Furthermore, i said if we could put a clause in his contract if he relapses, but the MLBPA would never allow that.
    I thought we settled this yesterday. I don't hate Hamilton the player or the man. I do not believe in him as a risk in Boston for my team. I have ample experience to have that opinion.

Ben Cherington needs to do his due diligence on Hamilton. He is an elite player and if ben doesn't, he is not doing his job and should be fired. I finish up by saying by me saying/wanting the Red sox to sign Hamiton because i believe he would make our team better, and me not holding his past against him makes anyone wish i wasn't the Gm.I'm glad im not. I hope we sign Hamilton now because of the vitol going against.
    So wait? BC should be fired if he doesn't sign a heroin, alcohol, and caffeine addict? You mean vitriol? I'd love to sign the guy, and here is how:

2013-2017 $9M per + $9M for 525 or more PA's per +$5M more if 650 PA's.

And an immediate breaking of his contract if he tests positive for any banned/illegal substances plus alcohol.

Show me that contract, and I'd advise BC signs it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Unless opinions are based on facts. Go ahead, ask anybody that was around when we were talking signing CC and than did it. Ask them how many posts I railed against him - both on stats and the man playing Boston.

I thought we settled this yesterday. I don't hate Hamilton the player or the man. I do not believe in him as a risk in Boston for my team. I have ample experience to have that opinion.

So wait? BC should be fired if he doesn't sign a heroin, alcohol, and caffeine addict? You mean vitriol? I'd love to sign the guy, and here is how:

2013-2017 $9M per + $9M for 525 or more PA's per +$5M more if 650 PA's.

And an immediate breaking of his contract if he tests positive for any banned/illegal substances plus alcohol.

Show me that contract, and I'd advise BC signs it.
    yes i meant vitriol. Thanks for the correction, i omitted that.

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. — While the Red Sox have continued interest in free agent Nick Swisher, an industry source has indicated the first baseman/outfielder may wait until fellow free agent Josh Hamilton agrees to a deal before signing with a team.

Though the Red Sox signed catcher/first baseman Mike Napoli to a three-year, $39 million deal on Monday, the move has not taken them out of the running for Swisher, who hit .272/.364/.473 with 24 homers and 93 RBI last season for the Yankees. \

http://fullcount.weei.com/?p=55757

vCash
    I clearly said we should offer him a 4 year 135 mil with an option for a 5th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Why is that funny. Do you think a team is going to offer him a 7 or a 9 year 175 mil contract that he wants. I like Josh Hamilton but if anyone offers him that contract, they must be stupid and i will pass on Hamilton.

vCash
    Why is that funny. Do you think a team is going to offer him a 7 or a 9 year 175 mil contract that he wants. I like Josh Hamilton but if anyone offers him that contract, they must be stupid and i will pass on Hamilton.
    Do you realize how much 4/135 is? Thats almost $34M per...

vCash
    Wait, what? You wrote that you think we should offer him a 4 year 135 million dollar contract. If I have to explain why that's funny to you then I've lost all faith in humanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Do you realize how much 4/135 is? Thats almost $34M per...

I guess by math was a little bit off lol,but you get the picture. More money less years.

vCash
    He makes the j-bay of old look like Frank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    He makes the j-bay of old look like Frank.
    People Make mistakes. Sorry but im not as perfect as you. Plus i don't know who the Jbay of old is nor do i care. I have a high IQ and don't need to prove it to anybody. That's all im going to say. Stick to talking to Sports. If you feel like chiming in with your not so funny rants, please direct it outside this forum. I have noticed you seem to be doing it to other people in this forum. Whenever, we having a great conversation in this forum, you seem to ruin it. I know it is Christmas season, but no reason to be the Grinch.

If you don't have nothing good to say about someone, please keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    I ruin it? Ok, sorry for ruining the Josh Hamilton yayz for 149 billion dollars conversation.

Carry on.