Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2366
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan101NlB View Post
    Thanks,
    Seems to me his power is to right and center. Doesn't bode well for lots of HR at fenway, maybe a lot of doubles. Or he could take to the papi of recent and try to pepper the wall.
    Yeah LaRoche has been getting shreadded by a few around here for some time:

1. too old (right at the edge of his decline)
    2. coming off his best year ever
    3. a very average career
    4. his power is centered on RC the absolute worst place in Fenway. He played here briefly and showed that he might hit 45 2B here, but might have a heck of a time even getting to 18 HRs.

No thanks on LaRoche. As I've suggested for a few weeks, cut guaranteed money to Napoli, fill in with bonus money for PA or games played. Both sides need the other unless Napoli cannot play at all.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Completely agree. He's the first one I'd get out of the logjam.

One of Lavarnway's minor league years was only 22 games in short season ball after he signed. Completely minor quibble but it's more impressive (to me) what he's accomplished in a short time.

Of more significance is that the Sox have him for at least five more years and possibly six. It's true that he's played parts of two seasons but the 2011 games in SEP do not count against his MLB service time (special rules for SEP callups). I think FA requires six complete seasons of ST before FA; if so the Sox have him for a sixth season because his cups 'o coffee amount to less than half a season in total.

Net effect: WAY too many reasons to hold onto the kid and deal his elder.

I'll take that as a compliment because it was, in fact, original prose. The mancrush angle has been discussed since at least 2007 and I've been talking about "the book" for two or three years.

Hm. How about a 2-run HR to put the Sox within a run of the Rays in an elimination game of the 2008 ALCS after falling behind 7-0 and then getting the GWRBI an inning later? Or maybe being the second leg of back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR vs NYY? There were plenty of Drew moments in the first few years of his contract. More importantly, the entire body of work -- including the great defensive in a very difficult RF that can rarely be adequately measured -- was stellar.

I think you completely missed the point. Bags emphasized the first three years of Drew's deal because Napoli is signed for no more than 3 years. If they get to opt out after year 2, so much the better.
    I guess you got me on the JD drew memorable highlights. Lol.

vCash
    You may need to review a little history EasyA. haha. There were defiantly a fair few of high points in JD's career. He was fairly solid to plus, for awhile.

vCash
    And can someone tell me why we are not excited about Brock Holt? He seems like the exact type of player we need. Pedy plays so hard that he will inevitably get hurt at some point during the year. Drew is a similar type of player so he may miss an extended period of time. And we all know that JI will NOT hit at the major league level. And not to mention, Holt has had, imo good success at each level he has played at. An all-star in each league he has played in since 2009. I have not looked at the other "talent" in the leagues he was playing in, but that seems above average.

Am I missing something?

vCash
    And can someone tell me why we are not excited about Brock Holt? He seems like the exact type of player we need. Pedy plays so hard that he will inevitably get hurt at some point during the year. Drew is a similar type of player so he may miss an extended period of time. And we all know that JI will NOT hit at the major league level. And not to mention, Holt has had, imo good success at each level he has played at. An all-star in each league he has played in since 2009. I have not looked at the other "talent" in the leagues he was playing in, but that seems above average.

Am I missing something?
    According to the scouting reports I read he has a plus bat for a MI. OTOH, while he is near average at 2B with the glove, he is supposed to be poor at SS (lack of range, lack of arm, and too many errors). AFAIK he's never played 3B, although 3B is easier than SS, he might not be able to pick it up.

So, it seems like it's better field, no OBP Ciricio vs the meh/poor glove, better bat of Holt. I can't see going ape over either one at this point.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I wasn't going ape. I just think he could be valuable. If he could learn 3B without too much trouble, his value will only rise. Although poor SS doesn't bode well for a transition to 3B.

vCash
    I wasn't going ape. I just think he could be valuable. If he could learn 3B without too much trouble, his value will only rise. Although poor SS doesn't bode well for a transition to 3B.
    Relax I was talking any Sox fan, not just you. Read my response in context again.

3B doesn't require the range or arm of a SS. But you have to have quick reflexes, and the ability to throw from strange angels and the ground.

vCash
    Idk how often they'll both be active, but if Pedroia was hurt I'd assume we'd want Ciriaco at second base vs pitchers with low BB rates and Holt for the more wild guys. Or Ciriaco if we have a sinker baller starting. They'd work the matchups I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Idk how often they'll both be active, but if Pedroia was hurt I'd assume we'd want Ciriaco at second base vs pitchers with low BB rates and Holt for the more wild guys. Or Ciriaco if we have a sinker baller starting. They'd work the matchups I'm sure.
    Two infield subs, neither of which can play 1B? One that hasn't played 3B and is poor at SS? What about Iglesias?

I dunno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Two infield subs, neither of which can play 1B? One that hasn't played 3B and is poor at SS? What about Iglesias?

I dunno.
    Forgot to add in that there's no way they're ever both active if Iggy is still here.

vCash
    Oh u were going ape lol

vCash
    LOL. Word guys. He doesn't have much of an arm from what I read so 3B is a little harder.

vCash
    LOL. Word guys. He doesn't have much of an arm from what I read so 3B is a little harder.
    Yeah, I said his arm was weak for SS, but 3B is easier to throw from than SS, although not as easy as 2B.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...o-stanton.html - MLBTR

I will never give up hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty17 View Post
    If he is available and the sox dont do everything they can to get him i will be pissed. He is the third or fourth player you would pick in a league wide draft. (trout, harper, possibly strasburg) Id be find giving any prospect for him along with flipping jacoby to a third team for more prospects in the deal.