Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 147 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2366
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Very possible it would be worth it, but it's the Pirates who for years have overrated what they have to trade, maybe they are in remediation and are willing to talk sense - good. Palm off even less then Iglesias for Hanrahan. Or expand the deal and get more back....
    Hanrahan could be some nice trade bait at the deadline, Iglesias really just seems like bench/defense guy.

If the offer is Iglesias for Hanrahan I do it. He has had a 2 WAR year as a reliever, I'd be surprised if Iglesias was able to reach that number with any consistency at all as a position player
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
    White Sox are looking around for a left-handed hitter. Also have let it be known (again) that Gavin Floyd is available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    You are entitled to your opinions,but everything you said about me is not true.You don't know me that well to be character assasinating me. I said what bags said was wrong but you didn't see say did you get it now. Big tone of difference.I'm just going to have him on my iggy list because every post I post, he is just going to re post, re quote whatever say and that's going to turn this thread into a fight contest.
    It's called having a discussion, dimwit. Forums aren't places for people to just dump opinions unchallenged. They're places to have discussions. And it's a total given that people WILL disagree at times. If you can't deal with that, take a hike!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    DKnobler ‏@DKnobler
    White Sox are looking around for a left-handed hitter. Also have let it be known (again) that Gavin Floyd is available.
    Salty for Floyd please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Hanrahan could be some nice trade bait at the deadline, Iglesias really just seems like bench/defense guy.

If the offer is Iglesias for Hanrahan I do it. He has had a 2 WAR year as a reliever, I'd be surprised if Iglesias was able to reach that number with any consistency at all as a position player
    Hanrahan is also going to be paid a lot more money than Iglesias this year, and unbalance our 40 man even more towards pitchers and catchers.

All we need from Iglesias is a 2 WAR year, or the belief by another team that he can do that to get us more.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Salty for Floyd please.
    I can't see that being viable.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    You are entitled to your opinions,but everything you said about me is not true.You don't know me that well to be character assasinating me. I said what bags said was wrong but you didn't see say did you get it now. Big tone of difference.I'm just going to have him on my iggy list because every post I post, he is just going to re post, re quote whatever say and that's going to turn this thread into a fight contest.
    RST wasn't even addressing you or your posts with his response to a totally different poster.

You're the only one fighting here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Hanrahan is also going to be paid a lot more money than Iglesias this year, and unbalance our 40 man even more towards pitchers and catchers.

All we need from Iglesias is a 2 WAR year, or the belief by another team that he can do that to get us more.
    I just don't see it, I mean right when Iglesias started playing I completely fell off his bandwagon.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Iglesias probably wouldve gotten on base more if he never swung the whole season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    I just don't see it, I mean right when Iglesias started playing I completely fell off his bandwagon.
    I don't think he can hit either. But after a year or two of being a defensive replacement, he might learn his craft of hitting well enough to suck some team in to make a deal.

Also the 40 man roster squeeze is no joke. Adding another pitcher means we may end up cutting viable players that we could have dealt because other teams know we are in a squeeze, and they'll just wait to put in claims instead of making a deal. Much like the Pats roster gets picked over the last few years. I don't like giving up something for nothing. Much rather trade some of the 40 man pitchers we have we don't really need and meh specs for Hanrahan.

I agree Iglesias is anything but a sure thing. But I think we could all agree we'd be unhappy if he turned out to be Vizquel for even half as long for a NL closer with question marks that will be renting in Boston and not buying if he comes.

vCash
    so glad i can finally talk Baseball without Bags throwing his stats in my face. Anyway's what's up with the Red Sox and Mike Napoli.

vCash
    so glad i can finally talk Baseball without Bags throwing his stats in my face. Anyway's what's up with the Red Sox and Mike Napoli.

Pretty funny stuff. Easily the most divisive poster here over the past month or two. Continuing with the "I'm done fighting" routine, and adding in the point the finger routine to your repertoire.

Empty suits don't last here...
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-22-2012 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    I've learned to ignore him, he's the most childish poster I've ever seen in this forum.

vCash
    Who AI.

vCash
    Please AI don't mention someone as being childish because you are the biggest of them all. The only reason people haven't put you on ignore is because you are a mod, that's including me. Believe me on that. I dont make stuff up. Back to Baseball.