Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 130 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2366
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    Couldn't, due to LL and Henry, Along with NESN and the fan base who would see the deal as terrible. As it would look bad when people hear Lester traded for prospects.
    Lester was never that marketable, as long as they can have the Laser Show and Big Papi manning down those Dunkin D's ads they will be fine.

vCash
    If the Sox deal away Lester or Buchholz in the coming weeks for a strong package(s) - it will mean that the market got stronger - so those that urged immediate action should realize BC wasn't acting because he is weak or stupid, but because he was not listening to the hysterics.

Personally I only favor two sorts of deals. A deal for specs that is over the line of being overwhelming in our favor (since I don't believe in specs nearly as much as most of you) - or a 3 way deal where we get back bonafide ML players that are young and have years of control left in places of need such as SS, corner OF (if Ellsbury is gone), C. C you say? I would love a young catcher like Perez because we could deal Salty right away, and probably Lavarnway after he gets more PA's in the Minors and MLB, and be very strong at C, with Swihart likely ready after 8/14.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-16-2012 at 07:17 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Lester or Buccholz aren't being traded for prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Lester or Buccholz aren't being traded for prospects.
    If you were responding to me I didn't say that either one would be dealt - or that I would favor any sort of a deal. I gave two sorts of deals I would be happy with if they fulfilled my criteria.

Must suck having to write about baseball, which compared to your volume of posts in hockey forums, not your favored sport.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Stability. There are going to be people who cry about us not making a big Hollywood splash, but I like our moves. Ben has gone about this the right way. Stable veterans to three year deals. This allows us flexibility moving forward and gives the kids a healthy and fun clubhouse when they are breaking through. I think this offseason so far Is positive.

vCash
    Regardless if we signed any big stars,this offseason is a big meh in general.we didn't improve.we overpaid for three average players,we just see what that gets us.time to wait and see what the overrated prospects gets us. We not competing until 2015 so people should get used to it but I have a feeling ben is up to a big move. You can't throw away three years in a big market in Boston and the media not pressuring you to do something.Its all well intentioned in Kansas or houston but not in Boston.

vCash
    I can get people saying we got the players to help groom our prospects,I agree with that.However,I don't agree we got the playters or that we improved.Are we a better team than last year,no because we are not a playoff team.Anything can happen because this is Baseball. As of right now would say we are not a playoff team,but we are on the outside looking in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    I can get people saying we got the players to help groom our prospects,I agree with that.However,I don't agree we got the playters or that we improved.Are we a better team than last year,no because we are not a playoff team.Anything can happen because this is Baseball. As of right now would say we are not a playoff team,but we are on the outside looking in.
    I would say as of right now, if most goes right in the pitching staff, we are real close to a wild card game vs. either Toronto or New York.

Texas has lost so many free agents, and will be relying on many rookies, it may be hard for them to compete.

But at the same time, it is to hard to tell what everyone will do the rest of the way.

vCash
    Yeah, there's no way this team is better than

C - Salty/Lavarnway
    1B - Loney
    2B - Pedroia
    SS - Aviles/Iglesias
    3B - Ciriaco
    LF - Nava
    CF - Ellsbury/Podsednik
    RF - Ross
    DH - Gomez

Lester
    Buchholz
    Doubront
    Cook
    DiceK
    Stewart

And don't tell me AGon, Ortiz, WMB, etc. Last years team was above .500 before all that **** went down. They lost just about every single game they played down the stretch. Right now we have around an 80 win team, barring surprises.

vCash
    Regardless if we signed any big stars,this offseason is a big meh in general.we didn't improve.we overpaid for three average players,we just see what that gets us.time to wait and see what the overrated prospects gets us. We not competing until 2015 so people should get used to it but I have a feeling ben is up to a big move. You can't throw away three years in a big market in Boston and the media not pressuring you to do something.Its all well intentioned in Kansas or houston but not in Boston.
    Enough is enough, it is time to have an intervention. We all love you man, but you have to stop spitting out posts like you took every thought that went thru your head in the last hour, and spit it out of a blender.

And proof read your posts before you click send. Include all the words that belong, change the wrong ones...use like punctuation and paragraphs.

I'm just sayin...

vCash
    Let me expand on my last post. This team was above .500 with

Agon hit like Napoli hit last year,

Pedroia had a good, but down year, he had the lowest OPS of his career

Nava was our regular left fielder

We got nothing from Ellsbury, we had to get Byrd who was horrific, Sweeney got significant playing time and sucked, Ross even played some CF, and he can barely handle RF. Podsednik had a hot stretch when we got him, but it didn't take him long to revert back to the bad player he is. Even MacDime sucked ***.

Lester sucked

Buchholz got pulverized

Beckett got pounded

Doubront was our best pitcher, he didn't get smacked around until late in the season

Cook got lit up

Bard started off good, then became a train wreck

Nothing from Bailey

Aceves was our closer and he got smashed

Melancon was lol

I don't know how this team was ever over .500. I expect regression from WMB, and Ortiz. We will get less offense from RF, though the OF overall should be a lot better. I can't imagine the pitching being worse. As it currently stands I would say this is around an 83 win team.

vCash
    Ha ha. you are not crazy for thinking that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MG956 View Post
    Enough is enough, it is time to have an intervention. We all love you man, but you have to stop spitting out posts like you took every thought that went thru your head in the last hour, and spit it out of a blender.

And proof read your posts before you click send. Include all the words that belong, change the wrong ones...use like punctuation and paragraphs.

I'm just sayin...
    Keep you intervention to yourself. I don't need someone who is new here telling me what to do.Thank You. Plus i was my cell at the time. It takes alot of time to do the spell check.
    Last edited by EEasyA; 12-16-2012 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Let me expand on my last post. This team was above .500 with

Agon hit like Napoli hit last year,

Pedroia had a good, but down year, he had the lowest OPS of his career

Nava was our regular left fielder

We got nothing from Ellsbury, we had to get Byrd who was horrific, Sweeney got significant playing time and sucked, Ross even played some CF, and he can barely handle RF. Podsednik had a hot stretch when we got him, but it didn't take him long to revert back to the bad player he is. Even MacDime sucked ***.

Lester sucked

Buchholz got pulverized

Beckett got pounded

Doubront was our best pitcher, he didn't get smacked around until late in the season

Cook got lit up

Bard started off good, then became a train wreck

Nothing from Bailey

Aceves was our closer and he got smashed

Melancon was lol

I don't know how this team was ever over .500. I expect regression from WMB, and Ortiz. We will get less offense from RF, though the OF overall should be a lot better. I can't imagine the pitching being worse. As it currently stands I would say this is around an 83 win team.
    Well said Lavs. However who is to say Napoli doesn't regress and becomes a 250 hitter, Ortiz gets injured, WM regresses, Ellsbury gets injured or even if he has a career year again, that is not enough to offset what i just listed.

Furthermore what if Lester has a bad to average year again, Bulcholz becomes an average pitcher which he has shown at this point on his career and Doubront has an average year coupled. You get the pitcher on what im trying to portray here. This team has so many question marks to contend. I haven't even mentioned about salty who flat out stinks. No wonder the texas rangers let him go. Gomes from what i can telling having seeing a few of his game is an averae platoon player.

To does that always criticizes other peoples grammar,im just going to tune out from now on. They cant debate with someone without throwing insults. They are theame s crowd of people that think with the Red colored glasses and think how dare we criticize the Red Sox When this team is struggling to make the playoffs,they understand what we are saying. This same people thought the Red sox should keep Beckett,crawford and the red sox did nothing wrong. Just Saying.

vCash
    Keep you intervention to yourself. I don't need someone who is new here telling me what to do.Thank You.
    You are so arrogant. Don't you think there is something wrong when multiple people call you out on the same thing?

vCash
    Keep you intervention to yourself. I don't need someone who is new here telling me what to do.Thank You.
    "Keep youR intervention to yourself."

"I don't need someone who is new here telling me what to do."

I've been here a year longer than you, numbnuts, and a fan 3 times as long.