Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2366
    vCash
    Salty is next to go, book it.

vCash
    yeah we could probably aim for andrus but all indications say the rangers wont trade andrus i know its possible but if we cant get him those would be the first two id ask for. With seattle do you think we would be able to get hultzen or more likely to get paxton

vCash
    With the Hamilton signing I think that certainly makes Ells a much more attractive trade candidate. The two teams hurt most by the signing are obviously Texas who has had a terrible offseason so far, and Seattle who were desperate to sign Hamilton. Both teams are looking to add impact bats, Texas in the OF and Seattle anywhere really. So how about a 3 team trade that gets both teams an impact bat and the Red Sox an even brighter future. Something like:

Texas Gets: Ellsbury and Salty
    Texas Gives: Olt, Sardinas, Buckel

Seattle Gets: Olt, Hazelbaker, Breslow
    Seattle Gives: Hultzen, Gabriel Guererro

Sox Get: Hultzen, Sardinas, Buckel, Guererro
    Sox Give: Ellsbury, Salty, Hazelbaker, Breslow

Texas gets their OF and a starting C. Seattle gets a big bat for 1B/3B, a AAA OF with speed and power and a MLB RP. While the Red Sox get two quality pitching prospects, and high ceiling SS and a lottery ticket. We can then sign someone like Cody Ross for RF while our guys develop and hopefully we can be a force in 2015 and beyond.

vCash
    not a bad deal maybe sox throw in one more prospect with some more power for seattle but all in all i think its a pretty fair trade i like what we get and i like what we give hazelbaker might even get a spot in their outfield next season nice trade. This is pretty great for every team there are no clear cut losers or winners everyone seems pretty even

vCash
    It's more likely that teams who were in on Hamilton look at Cody Ross, Nick Swisher and others instead of trying to trade for Ellsbury.

vCash
    Ross is a platoon bat, Swisher costs a draft pick and is declining. Ells has star upside. It depends on what a team is looking for. Texas I doubt will go for Ross. If they are seriously moving Kinsler into the OF then they already have 3 corner OFs in Kinsler, Murphy and Cruz. Doubt Arizona would want Andrus as much as they used to now that they have Gregorious to wait for and Pennington as a bridge.

vCash
    Anything new with Napoli?

8. 12-13-2012, 11:49 PM

vCash
    Dominos should fall within the next few weeks leading up to christmas with Hamilton and Grienke in place. Look for a few active weeks.

vCash
    Ellsbury, Salty to Texas for Olt, Galo, and Grimm.

Or

Ellsbury to Seattle for Hultzen and Smoak/ Saunders.

Lester/Buchholz to Texas for Olt and Galo
    Last edited by BGeer091; 12-14-2012 at 12:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Ellsbury, Salty to Texas for Olt, Galo, and Grimm.

Or

Ellsbury to Seattle for Hultzen and Smoak/ Saunders.

Lester/Buchholz to Texas for Olt and Galo
    Its Gallo just so you know, and he'd have to be a PTBNL. But I would love that deal. We'd have no need for Napoli then though, or we'd have to trade WMB or flip Olt. WMB is the perfect guy to give for Upton though IMO.

vCash
    You all are aware that none of these trades you are purposing will EVER happen? Teams that lost out on hamilton will turn to the fa market...not to ells. Wishful thinking people. We will have to give up many specs to get any of these deals done. Quit dreaming. please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan101NlB View Post
    You all are aware that none of these trades you are purposing will EVER happen? Teams that lost out on hamilton will turn to the fa market...not to ells. Wishful thinking people. We will have to give up many specs to get any of these deals done. Quit dreaming. please.
    Yeah because you can totally fulfill your teams needs with the remaining free agents. No trades ever happen in the offseason especially once the top free agents have signed. Thanks for the magnificent insight.

vCash
    I agree, to a certain degree, with what SoxFan is saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan101NlB View Post
    While some of the more involved trade scenarios that have been mentioned probably won't happen, I do think now that Texas has lost Hamilton they become a real potential landing spot for Ellsbury. I mentioned this in a different thread but keep in mind that Texas has been on the cusp of a WS title for the last 3 years but haven't been able to seal the deal. Losing Hamilton and Napoli doesn't help but they could fill those voids nicely with Ellsbury (in a contract year) and Salty and still be able to keep that momentum going.

And they're in the enviable position of being able to acquire both players without having to give up a whole lot. If they trade Andrus, they have his replacement ready to go. If they trade Holland, they still have plenty of starting pitching. Some of the other, younger players mentioned might be worth the risk for them also. I think the potential of a 2011-type season form Ellsbury may be worth more to Texas than FAs like Ross or Swisher.

vCash
    JonHeymanCBS Anibal gets $80M for 5 yrs w/ tigers as @BNightengale reported
    wow glad we didnt offer that