Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2366
    vCash
    Glad we didnt get hamilton now.i even praised cherington on that on twitter.

vCash
    nvm

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Can someone ask the same question i asked john heyman and see if they have better luck with him responding. Does the signing of Hamilton increase the chance of a Boston to Texas trade for Ellsbury.

vCash
    Ellsbury for Andrus and a mid spec???

vCash
    I'd like to see Ellsbury go to Texas/Seatle and then have us work out a Salty+ for Bourjos deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Ellsbury for Andrus and a mid spec???
    More like Ells + for Andrus.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    No, please no Andrus. He is not even good. I would rather have Ellsbury on a one year deal than Andrus. Maybe texas will give up a pitching prospect for Ellsbury, that would work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    More like Ells + for Andrus.
    Don't know about that, because everyone knows Tx needs an OF bat and can jack up their asking price. The Rangers are desperate now and may have to give up more...what about Ells+Salty for Andrus+SP.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Then we could sign Swisher.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

vCash
    The question is what do you do with the 5th rotation spot? I have no hope in Doubront, I think they should add one or two more as a wildcard. Doubront always seemed to get lucky and walks way to many guys. Add the likes of a Brandon Webb or Jurjens and stash them in the minors until a spot opens up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    Then we could sign Swisher.
    We could, but id prefer not to spend the pick. People forget/overlook the fact that Bourjos was a 4 WAR player (something Swisher no longer is) in 2011 and is young and under team control. Hes the perfect 4th OF and can start if hes a bottom of the order CF with great defense. He'd be a much better addition than Swisher IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    No, please no Andrus. He is not even good. I would rather have Ellsbury on a one year deal than Andrus. Maybe texas will give up a pitching prospect for Ellsbury, that would work.
    Hunh?

Andrus is still a kid, but a healthy one that hasn't hit his upside yet, w/ 2 years of control. He's got a better SS glove then Ellsbury has a CF glove. Very similar to each other in OBP.

We can't sign a decent SS on the FA market at this point and have garbage at SS.

However we can buy a decent OF on the FA market and move SV to CF.

Ross+Andrus > Ells+Iglesias in 2013 of that I am sure.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Look at it from Texas' side.

Why trade Andrus for 1 year of Ellsbury when you can:

- Sign Michael Bourne and keep Andrus
    - Sign Nick Swisher and keep Andrus
    - Sign Cody Ross and keep Andrus

They just lost a pile of offence (Napoli, Hamilton, Young) I doubt there going to rid themselves of more. If anything they'll be adding without subtracting now after the Hamilton blockbuster.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    The question is what do you do with the 5th rotation spot? I have no hope in Doubront, I think they should add one or two more as a wildcard. Doubront always seemed to get lucky and walks way to many guys. Add the likes of a Brandon Webb or Jurjens and stash them in the minors until a spot opens up.
    is this bait? Doubront just turned 25 years old. Had a great May and July last year and a decent April. In his 6 games to Shoppach his ERA was 4.18. It was that piece of garbage Salty that screwed him (as he screwed every BoSox SP over the past two years): 4.95 in 22 games

BTW FD's K/9 jumped to a very impressive 9.3/G last year.

No lefty that's 25 years old and can K more than 1 per Inning is anything but a find to any GM in MLB.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    We could, but id prefer not to spend the pick. People forget/overlook the fact that Bourjos was a 4 WAR player (something Swisher no longer is) in 2011 and is young and under team control. Hes the perfect 4th OF and can start if hes a bottom of the order CF with great defense. He'd be a much better addition than Swisher IMO.
    Do you think Salty would be enough to net him?
    -Pedey