Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2366
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic AL View Post
    shane victorino's Foundation tweeted this like an hour ago

https://twitter.com/SVictorinoFdtn/s...51171715506177

it could mean nothing but just thought i post this
    If we did sign him and kept ellsbury, and health went our way. The lineup would be in pretty good shape

Ellsbury CF
    Victorino RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Ross LF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Lavarnway/Salty C
    Iglesias/Ciriaco SS

Gomes off the bench
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Gomes and Ross both make no sense. It was either one or the other and if the plan is to go with a platoon, then Gomes was the correct choice. If that is not the plan, then I have no idea what we are doing.

vCash
    I have to say that I have no understanding in the world for management's pursuit of Dempster. I know they want quality clubhouse guys but his stuff plays horribly in Fenway just like it did at Arlington stadium. Worst idea of spending money on this off season so far.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    yep! please no dempster.

vCash
    I'm going to respectfully disagree. Dempster on a 2 year contract is more than fine by me, a proven innings eater who is a clear upgrade over what we had when you consider that he'd be replacing Aaron Cook/Dice-K/etc. I'd rather take this approach instead of signing a bunch of arms to minor league deals and hoping that something sticks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'm going to respectfully disagree. Dempster on a 2 year contract is more than fine by me, a proven innings eater who is a clear upgrade over what we had when you consider that he'd be replacing Aaron Cook/Dice-K/etc. I'd rather take this approach instead of signing a bunch of arms to minor league deals and hoping that something sticks.
    You aren't concerned that once he came to the AL, his ERA rocketed up? that's my only concern....and his age, who knows when its going to start showing, he's what 36-37?

vCash
    Gomes and Ross both make no sense. It was either one or the other and if the plan is to go with a platoon, then Gomes was the correct choice. If that is not the plan, then I have no idea what we are doing.
    again just money that isn't mine on a 2 year deal doesn't bother me one bit

Ross/Gomes/Ellsbury/Victorino is better than the 3 we have and no ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    again just money that isn't mine on a 2 year deal doesn't bother me one bit

Ross/Gomes/Ellsbury/Victorino is better than the 3 we have and no ross
    Did I not get the memo were all SP's in the AL are by rule forced to be southpaws next year? Once Gomes signed and we brought in Victorino, Ross was not needed because he's another guy who mashes LHP but is sub par vs RHP.

Unless the plan is to trade Ellsbury, move Victorino to CF and play Ross in RF then there is no reason to sign Ross just to have all 4. That money is better spent bringing in a guy like Dempster who can eat quality innings as a 4th/5th option.

vCash
    Unless the plan is to trade Ellsbury, move Victorino to CF and play Ross in RF then there is no reason to sign Ross just to have all 4. That money is better spent bringing in a guy like Dempster who can eat quality innings as a 4th/5th option.
    Yup

vCash
    Did I not get the memo were all SP's in the AL are by rule forced to be southpaws next year? Once Gomes signed and we brought in Victorino, Ross was not needed because he's another guy who mashes LHP but is sub par vs RHP.

oh so if we get 2 injuries in the OF again we could be looking at

Gomes/Kalish/Nava: puke: starting. And don't say it isn't likely because it seems to be happening every year.

Depth man, if its a 2 year deal why not? I doubt it would prevent them from signing Dempster FYI

Say we sign Ross to a 2 year deal worth 18 million and Demspster for a 2 year deal worth 28 million.

That would put us up to around 122 million pre arb, with everything filled out, making the final team salary number around 145 million I would guess.

In that scenario we would have 3 guaranteed contracts left in 2015 all in the last year of their deals. I am pretty sure they could afford it easily

vCash
    The Dodgers are reportedly shopping Punto! Count me in! What do you guys think 3/39 for Punto? More than fair

vCash
    Dempster close to signing!

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Im listening to weei live and your right bags. smh.if they give dempster a three year deal,they better offer Hamilton a 4 year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    Im listening to weei live and your right bags. smh.if they give dempster a three year deal,they better offer Hamilton a 4 year deal.
    How does Ross for 3 years for $27M grab you?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Dempster close to signing!
    if its more than 2 years im going to be sick. But whatever maybe Dempster will turn out to be like Kuroda im fine with that