Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2366
    vCash
    No they wont hahaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Just ask the angels how all that spending went? Lad can buy whoever they want but it doesn't make them a team. Giants and dbacks will finish above then
    The d'backs-no ****ing way. the giants-maybe. all depends on their pitcvhing staff, but u have to realize that the dodgers are turning into the yankess from early 2000s. all star at every position. and they have kershaw, grienke, beckett + a lot of servicable arms.
    However, we all know what can happen when you buy ur team...epic championship run, or colossal collapse. the season will tell...

vCash
    I'm behind BC 100%, he is doing a good job at not pulling the trigger too fast on dumb deals. He had to clean up Epstein's mess last year and I think he will get the Sox back to a dominating team with in a couple of years. But, I also think we can compete this year.
    Last edited by LasahShow14; 12-10-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Misspell
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    No one is giving BC a couple of years. Get the ship fixed in 2 years or him and Lucchino are gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
    No one is giving BC a couple of years. Get the ship fixed in 2 years or him and Lucchino are gone.
    Rome wasn't built in a day my friend. This isn't MLB 2K13, this is real life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KmB728 View Post
    So is Winning Championships. I f you think the Boston Media are going to keep quiet while we suck for three to four years, i have a bridge to sell you somewhere.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KmB728 View Post
    This.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 12-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    So is Winning Championships. I f you think the Boston Media are going to keep quiet while we suck for three to four years, i have a bridge to sell you somewhere.
    LL survived both the Lackey and Crawford signings, the worst September collapse in baseball history,dragging the name of the GM that brought the first championship in 86 years through the mud and making public the private family issue of possibly the most fan friendly manager the franchise has ever had. Then he pushed to replace him with the biggest joke of a manager the organization ever had and then wrapped it all up with the worst record the organization had under the current ownership. You really think a couple of losing seasons while we rebuild for the future is going to be what puts him out of a job????

LL created the perfect scapegoat out of Theo Epstein when he left for Chicago so as far as the media is concerned Ben is the hero that is cleaning up the mess. As long as this team is making progress towards contention in the somewhat near future both of these guys are fine.

vCash
    I will also remind you once again that previous generations of die hard Red Sox fans suffered 86 years of agony and heart break waiting for the next champion to be built.

vCash
    Lucchino is a part owner (small share) of the Red Sox. He has the trust of the majority owners, and his fate and BC's are not tightly tied.

It's unlikely that a full evaluation of BC can be made until the middle/end of 2016. This will be even more difficult if the 3 owners do not allow BC to guide his own ship which appears to be generally not the case so far.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I will also remind you once again that previous generations of die hard Red Sox fans suffered 86 years of agony and heart break waiting for the next champion to be built.
    The more reason we don't want to go through it again. I'm only 27 but i can't imagine the horror it must have been for you guys witnessing it.

vCash
    Who said the media would keep quiet. They never keep quiet. BC and his team (not including LL) get through the end of 2016 to prove themselves.

When LL pushed Theo out of here for the 2nd time, I wrote that Theo should have been made Executive President with Hoyer as GM under him, and LL should be bought off, and that Theo should be put on a firm budget.

If the owners had chosen that path I am quite sure things would be a good deal better here now.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    The more reason we don't want to go through it again. I'm only 27 but i can't imagine the horror it must have been for you guys witnessing it.
    The only BRS two teams that have won in my time as a fan were built as I wrote the other day:

1. home grown
    2. free agent
    3. trade

Neither of those teams was #1 in budget across the MLB. Neither of those teams was built on the heaviest spending in a poor FA year either.

Scipio - I said his name earlier. Read up. Lao Tzu while you are it.

Naked aggression/impatience rarely works because the world isn't some closed cage wresting death match.

14. 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Celtics,Patriots,RedSox,B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    The only BRS two teams that have won in my time as a fan were built as I wrote the other day:

1. home grown
    2. free agent
    3. trade

Neither of those teams was #1 in budget across the MLB. Neither of those teams was built on the heaviest spending in a poor FA year either.

Scipio - I said his name earlier. Read up. Lao Tzu while you are it.

Naked aggression/impatience rarely works because the world isn't some closed cage wresting death match.
    Well said Bags.

vCash
    As much as I would like for us as a team to be patient, I agree with you easy that the Boston market will not tolerate mediocrity. The media will crucify the Sox and fans will just stop coming or paying attention if we are not competitive.