Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dan Roche‏@RochieWBZ

#RedSox GM Ben Cherington wants to add guys w/good clubhouse reps. Wants guys who can lead, deal w/market, and guide young players. #wbz

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    My point is this. Everyone seems to be a know it all these days. Boston has injury concerns, they have question marks, bla bla bla bla bla. Have some damn hope and optimism in your team, thats what being a fan is all about. Jesus christ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsox07Champs View Post
    My point is this. Everyone seems to be a know it all these days. Boston has injury concerns, they have question marks, bla bla bla bla bla. Have some damn hope and optimism in your team, thats what being a fan is all about. Jesus christ.
    At the end of the day we're all rooting for the sox to win. Some people are more reluctant to be total optimists and set themselves up for disappointment. It goes both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Review for me our situation at SS, RF, SP, RP

We've now made 2 of our moves. 1 more left by your count - what move? Dig up Mickey Mantle in his 1957 prime?

Obviously we can field a team, are we going to field a 94 win WS type team?

What's the line-up today?

Ells
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Napoli
    Swisher
    WMB
    Gomes
    C
    SS

Each of the first 4 guys have had lots of injury issues. So magically this year they will hit at an average of their 2 best seasons and be 100% healthy?

Are we going to get anything offensively out of SS? our bench?

To get Swisher you just used up all your big off season moves. Will this team resemble the 2007 Red Sox - **** no. So then the pitching better be better. Magically we are going to get 2nd or 3rd best seasons out of all of our pitchers?

The team will be healthy in a way that it never was the last few years, and maybe never in the history of the Sox? Is that the real kernel of your plan?

Check!

LOL
    I never mentioned names, but you see to forget that just because a guy isn't on your list of guys that the Red Sox should sign, doesn't mean he isn't a good possibility. The issue here is that you are so good at checking facts and researching that you seem to forget that you can be wrong. The Red Sox can make a few moves and still be contenders this year. The Red Sox had sooo many injuries last year and that is a huge reason why we lost 93 games last year. Eliminate the injuries to Pedroia, Ortiz, and Ellsbury, and already you cut yourself down probable 20 losses at least, now add in that Lester wasn't himself, nor was Buccholz... If they return to any sort of shape, not even their old selves of a few years ago, but to some type of productive pitcher again and you can take away maybe another 10 losses. Add in a decent pitcher and a a bat or two (your 2 to 3 moves I suggested) and you now can take away another 10 to 15 losses and you now have yourself a contender.

Many guys on here are forgetting that there was a losing atmosphere last year. This year is a new season, with a new coach, and the revival of some injured players. This is a team that can compete and like every team, guys are going to have to step up and play roles, same case this year.

Like I said, I never mentioned names, but there is a way to get out of this with only a few moves and be a very good team this year.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    Bingo! summarized what I said in 3 sentences. lol
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    You also have to get out of La La Land and be realistic. This team hasn't stayed healthy in 2-3 years and the roster, especially the starting rotation doesn't really stand out, in the AL East.

While anything IS possible, I'm expecting the worst while hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Bo Sox Fan; 12-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    I never mentioned names, but you see to forget that just because a guy isn't on your list of guys that the Red Sox should sign, doesn't mean he isn't a good possibility.
    And you understand that there are fiscal limits given what's on the market, and the competitive teams, right?

The issue here is that you are so good at checking facts and researching that you seem to forget that you can be wrong. The Red Sox can make a few moves and still be contenders this year.
    Contend for what? A WC slot? How does a team win the WS without at least two shut down pitchers. Do we have any of those? Hitting can be shut down in the playoffs, in particular non elite hitting. Who do we have that's an elite hitter? And will be healthy for the playoffs? Ortiz?

The Red Sox had sooo many injuries last year and that is a huge reason why we lost 93 games last year. Eliminate the injuries to Pedroia, Ortiz, and Ellsbury, and already you cut yourself down probable 20 losses at least
    I'll give you about 9.

now add in that Lester wasn't himself, nor was Buccholz...
    Sorry, Buccholz was himself. 2010 was the outlier, not 2012.

If they return to any sort of shape, not even their old selves of a few years ago, but to some type of productive pitcher again and you can take away maybe another 10 losses. Add in a decent pitcher and a a bat or two (your 2 to 3 moves I suggested) and you now can take away another 10 to 15 losses and you now have yourself a contender.
    Lester 4 wins + Buchholz 1 win. Take 14 (5+9) away form 93, and you get 79 losses. 83 wins isn't close to the playoffs in the AL.

Like I said, I never mentioned names, but there is a way to get out of this with only a few moves and be a very good team this year.
    1998 Clemens, 1967 Yaz, 1998 Nomar - yup those are the sorts of names that would do it. So, make with the names.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    Bingo! summarized what I said in 3 sentences. lol
    Sorry optimism is a sop for children, those that cannot analyze or someone that actually has reasons (fact based) to be optimistic. Beyond that is blind faith. Not interested.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Don't worry though guys. Stanton is coming.

vCash
    Not sure if we are still interested but....
    David_Schoenfield:
    Nothing new today, but that's a big rumor that's been out there. Hamilton actually showed up in Nashville, so presumably he'll be meeting personally with all the interested teams.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Don't worry though guys. Stanton is coming.
    i'll take him for the right price. I'm not desperate at this point.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    RochieWBZ If Adam LaRoche goes back to Washington...would love to see #redsox try to trade for Michael Morse

vCash
    Lol yeah Morse is a gazelle out in LF. Great fit.

vCash
    Gordon Edes@GordonEdes

Baseball source advises not to rule out the Red Sox on Hamilton: "They're the Boston Red Sox, and they have money.''

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Cody Ross ‏@IamCodyRoss
    Wow
    ?

Page 10 of 158 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast