Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 158 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    what's with the . (period)

i see people do this on here, is it a sign of disapproval ?

vCash
    RT @jonheymancbs: #redsox seem willing to talk about just about anyone, even lester and ellsbury. very active here #obvs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post

if you quote a tweet a . is needed becuase it thinks a quote is spam

vCash
    Im seeing Rangers want ZG. But hes looking for 160M+. And I did some research and they have 120M payroll. So if they did sign him how could they do that and re-sign JH?

vCash

Because when I quote it says i need to add a character or something like that

vCash
    Im seeing Rangers want ZG. But hes looking for 160M+. And I did some research and they have 120M payroll. So if they did sign him how could they do that and re-sign JH?
    via MLBTR:

The "big buzz" in Nashville this morning is to watch out for the Rangers on Greinke, tweets Jayson Stark.

Yesterday we learned that Josh Hamilton will give the Rangers the opportunity to match any offer another club makes before he signs. Talks were said to progress between Hamilton and the Rangers, but Texas is also in on Zack Greinke, and it's highly unlikely they could sign both. As Hamilton works to determine where he'll play next year, we'll keep track of the latest rumors here...

The Rangers' discussions with Hamilton are "on hold" at the moment, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, who suggests the team's involvement on Greinke may be the reason for the delay.

vCash

PeteAbe Diet Coke, PowerBar and a Clif Bar at the hotel here: $11.33
    And I thought Fenway was a rip off LOL

vCash
    buster olney@buster_espn

rival official on red sox: "boston is listening on... Ellsbury and lester, but not motivated to move them unless teams overpay."
    hmm

vCash
    There's still hope for all those who are Horny for Hamilton:
    No love for JH:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ngers/1747349/

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    We need another outfielder not sure why BC is not talking to him. Leftfield is vacant

vCash
    nickcafardo Carl Pavano has five teams interested. Boston has "checked in" according to agent Dave Pepe.
    ew pass

vCash
    I think Salty, THIS OFFSEASON, has more value to trade for a better pitcher or something else of need than Gavin Floyd...his numbers are bad over the past 2 years and his last season with an ERA under 4 was 2008. i'd rather sign a Dallas Braden than trade for a Floyd
    Nope. I think Salty's trade ceiling is lower than Floyd.

Floyd is an AL average SP, I'd say he's in the top half of the #4 SP's in the AL. He gives up a bit too many hits and walks and HBP, but he answers the bell.

BC would jump out of a 2nd story window to get this deal - easily.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Question is if you can get him on a 3 or 4 year deal as the article suggests then do you take that risk? I think anything higher than 5 years is a no brainer to walk away.

vCash
    We need another outfielder not sure why BC is not talking to him. Leftfield is vacant
    I guess Gomes/Nava isn't good enough for you...

JH would need to be dissed by every team in the Majors, and then knuckle down for a $18M x 3 yrs deal for BC to bite. Pretty sure if ZG goes to the LAD's, then JH ends up in Texas again.

BTW did you see your hero hit about .240 last year in his final 380 AB's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Question is if you can get him on a 3 or 4 year deal as the article suggests then do you take that risk? I think anything higher than 5 years is a no brainer to walk away.
    Bargain basement shopping only. Very unlikely. I can't wait until he is signed so this topic can be euthanized.