Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    #redsox talking to swisher now. A possibility.

vCash
    ray: no Swisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    ray: no Swisher
    If we sign Swisher it better be for an absolutely IDEAL contract. I'm talking Napoli range with a 4th year option, none of this 4 and 5 year guaranteed I've been seeing everywhere. I really don't like the idea of giving up that good of a draft pick to the Yankees, so it better make A LOT of sense if they sign him.

Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2013
    -mooz

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Rangers most aggressive team on Hamilton, according to source. Would ease sting of losing Napoli. #Brewers on periphery with Hamilton.

Well no Hamilton.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    With lavarnway, ross and napoli to catch, red sox will take offers on salty

vCash
    Anybody else think Loney is going to be like Pena? Didn't do jack squat here, then goes down there and finds his form.
    -

vCash
    According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, the Red Sox have Shane Victorino on their radar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Anybody else think Loney is going to be like Pena? Didn't do jack squat here, then goes down there and finds his form.
    Probably like most players we have traded didnt do well here and better on another team. IE. Reddick, Scutaro

vCash
    I highly doubt he'll be able to match Pena's power. I'd say a better comparison may be Kotchman from a year ago.

vCash
    No chance Loney is like Pena, just doesn't have the power.

I'm fine with Victorino but you have to explore things like a Meyers or Upton trade before you sign a guy like him. I don't think Victorino sings until the last day of the meetings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    No chance Loney is like Pena, just doesn't have the power.

I'm fine with Victorino but you have to explore things like a Meyers or Upton trade before you sign a guy like him. I don't think Victorino sings until the last day of the meetings.
    But some consider him the songbird of our generation

vCash
    lol, no. He wasnt very good before he got to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mooz View Post
    If we sign Swisher it better be for an absolutely IDEAL contract. I'm talking Napoli range with a 4th year option, none of this 4 and 5 year guaranteed I've been seeing everywhere. I really don't like the idea of giving up that good of a draft pick to the Yankees, so it better make A LOT of sense if they sign him.
    Yankees get the exact same draft pick no matter who signs Swisher (well, unless they re-sign him, but I'd put very low odds on that).

Swisher is a higher OBP guy, something I think this lineup has been lacking recently. I'd be fine with it for no more than 4 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I highly doubt he'll be able to match Pena's power. I'd say a better comparison may be Kotchman from a year ago.
    Never did I say he would match Pena's power. Just that, he would find HIS form going from BOS to TB, much like Pena did. I think he is going to turn out to be a really good player for them. It was only a couple years ago that LAD considered him untouchable.
    -

vCash
    Swisher coming here would only net the Yankees our second round pick. Our first round pick is protected being in the top 9.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast