Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rule V Draft

vCash
    What a baseball name Lob - stein. You guessed it, he lobs it in there. Just being funny. I know don't quit the day job!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    The Mets did not lose anyone in either the Major League or Minor League draft.

vCash

Rule V Draft

Good to see Armando Rodriguez stay a Met, I think he can help this team this year.

vCash
    We traded that one guy for cash to pay for our plane tickets home.

vCash

Rule V Draft

Or for when they need to pay 3 grand for a helicopter ride from St. Lucie to Miami to watch the Knicks vs the Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Good to see Armando Rodriguez stay a Met, I think he can help this team this year.
    I doubt it. Germen or Mazzoni seems more likely.

vCash

Rule V Draft

But in reality the rule V draft has become. A snooze fest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I doubt it. Germen or Mazzoni seems more likely.
    those guys will be starting and Rodriguez will be in the pen, so odds are that the pen guy gets a call, but Germen might only because he is on the 40 man roster already.

vCash

Rule V Draft

Also Rodriguez has been effective at the upper levels while both Mazzoni and Germen have had some issues, Rodriguez peripherals are excellent.

vCash
    those guys will be starting and Rodriguez will be in the pen, so odds are that the pen guy gets a call, but Germen might only because he is on the 40 man roster already.
    Yeah, but I don't think Armando is very good. He has alarming peripherals. 4.40 FIP with 13 HR allowed in 72.2 IP in AA. That is not good at all, I think he will get destroyed in the majors with his fly ball tendencies.

It would be less concerning if he did that as a starter, but the fact that he already failed as a starter and put up most of those numbers as a reliever is concerning.

vCash

Rule V Draft

He did not failed as a starter, he was moved because they saw him more of a pen arm and because the Mets have a ton of other starters. There is a difference and while he will give up homers, he does not walk many and k's a lot of guys and Mazzoni and Germen are both also prone to the long ball since both have fly ball tendencies as well.

vCash
    This entire winter meetings has been a snooze fest for the entire league because a few people won't sign contracts to get the rest of the market going.

vCash
    He did not failed as a starter, he was moved because they saw him more of a pen arm and because the Mets have a ton of other starters. There is a difference and while he will give up homers, he does not walk many and k's a lot of guys and Mazzoni and Germen are both also prone to the long ball since both have fly ball tendencies as well.
    He doesn't have good stuff and relies on deception from reports. He's like Chris Young reincarnated with his 29% GB rate.

I expect his K/BB ratio to decrease substantially in the majors with an increase of homers. Mazzoni and especially Germen are not prone to the long ball like Rodriguez is. Mazzoni gave up 9 in 80 IP and Germen gave up 11 in 119 IP, both as starters.

Germen gets a lot of grounders, and while Mazzoni hasn't K'd many and he's been fly-ball prone, I think he can be a good reliever with his arsenal. Both throw pretty hard.

vCash

Rule V Draft

He is nothing like Chris Young dude. He throws his fastball in the low 90's. Fact is at higher levels he has done well while those two have not yet, so why would the guy who has done well suck and the other two do better.

And it does not matter that those two were starters as far as how many homers they have up, they are still both prone to the long ball.

vCash
    He is nothing like Chris Young dude. He throws his fastball in the low 90's. Fact is at higher levels he has done well while those two have not yet, so why would the guy who has done well suck and the other two do better.

And it does not matter that those two were starters as far as how many homers they have up, they are still both prone to the long ball.
    Chris Young: 22% GB rate
    Armando Rodriguez: 29% GB rate

Ok it was an exaggeration, but still that is way too many fly balls. His HR/9 in AA was 1.62. His ERA is deceiving as his FIP suggests. He also does not throw in the low-90s. Here's Toby back in April:

Rodriguez (pictured), who’s now 24, never should have been put on the roster in the first place. He just turned 24 and is coming off a season with a 3.96 ERA in 16 starts for advanced-A St. Lucie with solid enough numbers (8.9 K/9, 3.5 BB/9). He works with a fastball that’s 88-91 and a below average slider. He should sail through waivers. He was ticketed for AA Binghamton and has never made one of my Top 41 Mets prospects lists.
    And no, once again Mazzoni and Germen are not HR prone.

Mazzoni: 43% GB rate 1.00 HR/9
    Germen: 49% GB rate 0.82 HR/9
    Rodriguez: 29% GB rate 1.62 HR/9

Mazzoni is more HR prone than Germen, but both are not even close to Rodriguez. Rodriguez gives up almost double the HR than Germen. There is a reason why they protected Germen over Rodriguez, and why Rodriguez never gets picked up. He's minor league depth.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast