Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D.Moore Benched

vCash
    We glorify or WR when they make a couple plays each year...that's it. It's been ten years since we've seen a real WR in Oakland. Palmer throws terrible balls as well. Watch a NO game and the way those wr's go up and catch everything thrown their way. Big difference from what we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMSES32 View Post
    Your right. Moore, I would keep if his attitude changes if not, see ya. DHB gives great effort unfortunately he has no talent. Palmer probably needs to go as well. He's pretty good but not good for this team. He needs to go to a team with talent. This team has to be totally rebuilt. By the time this team turns the corner he's done. Why spend the money? McFadden, done here. The oldtimers on the DL, done. Secondary real bad. The Raiders will probably struggle again next year. Hopefully the third year will produce dividends.
    Palmer could be back if he re-structure's his deal but it's also going to depend on what they want to do with TP... I think the Carson decision will not be made until after the season and all the player evaluations are done. That's when decisions will be made that will solidify the direction we're going to go.... Lots of things to look at over these final games...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quitting is contagious? Bad team. Few, if any, leaders.

When guys flat out don't show up and there's nothing you can do about it, it starts to wear on you mentally. Having that happen week in and week out will take its toll on a young player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
    Quitting is contagious? Bad team. Few, if any, leaders.

When guys flat out don't show up and there's nothing you can do about it, it starts to wear on you mentally. Having that happen week in and week out will take its toll on a young player.
    I agree Chad, I thought the Rolando situation just added gas to the already existing fire.That was not good.

This team is emotionally down.

vCash
    A lot falls on Knapp, bad playcalling and passing too much is hurting us
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Denarius Moore caught just two passes for 31 yards in Week 13 versus the Browns before being benched for "performance reasons" later on in the loss.
    Moore was targeted eight times on the day, but he had one completion knocked out of his hands and then just blatantly dropped another later on. Both catches would have gained over 20 yards each. Moore has reeled in just four passes total in the last three weeks. With a quarter of the season left, Moore is on pace to haul in 51 passes for 865 yards and eight touchdowns. He'll be a very shaky WR3 this Thursday night against Champ Bailey and the Broncos.
    Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter Dec 2

What's up with this guy. He went from stud to crap. Is he Another quitter? Is it the sophomore slump wtf is going on with our players. All of our solid players are sucking big time. I'm not happy he got benched but Moore drop like 5 catches and 2 of those were TD's.
    Hes not the problem, yea hes had some dropped passes but i dnt think itll b a continuing trend in the future...our wr's are one of the least of our worries, their a very young & raw but very talented group of guys with alot of promise. They'll be ready come next season...

vCash
    I don't get all the hate for Moore. The guy's a beast and he makes plays. It doesn't help that the team sucks and that they have nothing to play for.

I think it's a concentration matter. Time well spent in the off-season working on his hands will improve his game. Great players aren't just God sent. Players have to work hard and improve on every aspect of their game, every year.

vCash
    Moore did some beast-like things last year. He has come nowhere near following it up this year. Sure, he has made some nice catches and scored some touchdowns, but one 100-yard game, no games with more than 5 catches, and no multi-TD games are not the formula for a #1 WR in 2012's NFL. He is a complementary receiver.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Frustration is setting in. Everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    A lot falls on Knapp, bad playcalling and passing too much is hurting us
    Knapp should never have been passing that much (which led to Palmer's costly INT - 2nd time this year that's happened) when the O was averaging over 5ypc. And he wants to throw every down with these receivers?

I hope that was the nail in the coffin. No way Reggie is gonna sit back this off-season and let DA go back to work with Knapp. The guy is a QB coach, not an OC. If Knapp's back next year then it's already a failed season.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 12-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Knapp doesn't drop passes

vCash
    ^^ I don't understand the logic of some of you...

Just because a guy has a bad game and he drops passes during the season, doesn't mean you cut the kid. He's a 5th round draft pick in his 2nd year and now he sucks because he dropped a couple of balls.

We need to retain the guy and the smart thing to do is to keep things positive around him. He just needs some help in the off-season with his hands and some of his route running. I think the hands thing is just the way the season has been going for him this year.

Not all the Raiders players suck. That's not how it works. You don't make it to the NFL by sucking.
    Last edited by blakersburris; 12-03-2012 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    ^^ I don't understand the logic of some of you...

Just because a guy has a bad game and he drops passes during the season, doesn't mean you cut the kid. He's a 5th round draft pick in his 2nd year and now he sucks because he dropped a couple of balls.

We need to retain the guy and the smart thing to do is to keep things positive around him. He just needs some help in the off-season with his hands and some of his route running. I think the hands thing is just the way the season has been going for him this year.

Not all the Raiders players suck. That's not how it works. You don't make it to the NFL by sucking.
    This THIS THIS Well stated Burris...well stated indeed.

vCash
    Right on Wolfe...

I think the last thing you want to do is piss a player off and have a young player who feels down on his luck. Especially a player with such potential.

Adversity will build character. Be positive towards him and hope for a bounce-back performance next week.

vCash
    I hope he does bounce back. I'm not saying cut him, I'm saying he isn't a number one...maybe a number two

He needs to make plays consistently, that's his job. He's not right now. You don't make t to the Pro Bowl dropping passes either

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast