Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyRocks77 View Post
    back to the Comp spec topic... just another random thought here... what if you rate a Comp pick and any player from your draft results (not counting first round) gets a boost.. I was just looking up some real players and what teams got in return..
    1993 Braves signed Greg Maddux... Cubs got Jon Ratliff (what did he do? played one game) I think if a team is to get a Comp spec/pick than it ought to be a risk... to many players with high talent always fill out.. I'm not sure what % to raise these comp players to but it ought to be a gamble not a reward..

or just to gain a little more talent is to have some Diamonds in the Rough...
    I know you don't have time to go back and read it all, but we've already discussed that stuff. One of my main points is that we really need to slow down development so specs aren't filled out in a year or so like they are now. There's much less risk when the time period is short like it is now. Generally there is plenty of risk with comp specs, I've had loads of them in TKO that never developed. A longer development period would raise the risk but also give us farm systems that actually have prospects in them, which could help the trade market a lot.

I don't remember how DITR worked in the old PSD league. I'm interested in hearing about it though.

I am not in danger...I AM the danger.

vCash
    or if a team rates a comp than me and Az picks the player .. that way you don't know what you are getting but it would be worth it to let a player walk... and you could trade that players comp rights? I honestly like the idea of not knowing what kinda of player I'll be getting.. I'm sure you could throw some hints around.. like no MR or I'm stacked at 1B..
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel529 View Post
    I know you don't have time to go back and read it all, but we've already discussed that stuff. One of my main points is that we really need to slow down development so specs aren't filled out in a year or so like they are now. There's much less risk when the time period is short like it is now. Generally there is plenty of risk with comp specs, I've had loads of them in TKO that never developed. A longer development period would raise the risk but also give us farm systems that actually have prospects in them, which could help the trade market a lot.

I don't remember how DITR worked in the old PSD league. I'm interested in hearing about it though.

I wonder if there is a way to slow players down? might have to go in and manually adjust their current ratings based on their age?

Diamonds was fun.. before the draft a list is send to a Commish with up to 4 players names on them.... mostly guys that are late rounders we than go in and give them a boost and what ever team drafts them gets the players
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    or if a team rates a comp than me and Az picks the player .. that way you don't know what you are getting but it would be worth it to let a player walk... and you could trade that players comp rights? I honestly like the idea of not knowing what kinda of player I'll be getting.. I'm sure you could throw some hints around.. like no MR or I'm stacked at 1B..
    My idea is a modified version of TKO's system plus slowing down development. Like changing it so there's a cap on how high the comp specs ratings can be so we don't get clones of the very best players in the league. Something like that. That way we don't involve draft picks so you and I don't have the extra work of keeping track of that and the trade market won't be still stagnant because of the involvement of draft picks in comp. But adding in players from scratch and editing them will cause the game to start raising the talent level a bit so our draft classes will eventually be better and picks past the first ten won't be so useless. Plus, more good prospects in the league that are tradeable because of their high ceiling and slower development. The trade market gets stimulated, draft talent goes up, and comp is good enough that some great players hit FA.

vCash
    I wonder if there is a way to slow players down? might have to go in and manually adjust their current ratings based on their age?

Diamonds was fun.. before the draft a list is send to a Commish with up to 4 players names on them.... mostly guys that are late rounders we than go in and give them a boost and what ever team drafts them gets the players
    There's a way to adjust it so prospects develop slower. TK mentioned it at one point. He was able to see what we're currently set to and said it can go quite a bit lower.

DITR sounds potentially interesting. I'd MUCH rather do that than winterball or something like that. I think DITR would be a lot of fun too.

vCash
    back to the Comp spec topic... just another random thought here... what if you rate a Comp pick and any player from your draft results (not counting first round) gets a boost.. I was just looking up some real players and what teams got in return..
    1993 Braves signed Greg Maddux... Cubs got Jon Ratliff (what did he do? played one game) I think if a team is to get a Comp spec/pick than it ought to be a risk... to many players with high talent always fill out.. I'm not sure what % to raise these comp players to but it ought to be a gamble not a reward..

or just to gain a little more talent is to have some Diamonds in the Rough...
    I agree with what you are saying, but the reason he went to the Braves was because the Cubs wouldn't pay for him. That doesn't really happen in this league. Players will sign for cheap because IMO the players are ********. There is no indication of what they might get on the open market.

This is what kinda led to my idea of an NBA like signing system. My compensation might have been a bit wonky, but I think that with a bidding system we start to see a lot more players swapping teams and a much more lively game.

vCash

Comp Spec System Discussion...Again

YES! I love DITR and figured it was a long shot when I brought it up.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    So can we at least get a vote on adding comp or not? After we've decided we want it for sure we could figure out what system to use.

vCash
    I agree with this, simply that = value based on ratings is very singular. A player could be 20 in all stats and having a better career than a player with 80's in every category. At least this way there will be more talent to deal with and horde.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789