Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hope not.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Ludwick remains in discussions with #Reds, others.

vCash
    I hope others=Mets

vCash
    Sounds like Reds have top offer on the table and Ludwick is giving parties another day to mull it out, and we are probably at our max offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    When SA spoke at his first press conference, Mets fans fell over themselves on how eloquent he was. And he is.
    You are confusing rhetoric and eloquence. And you act like either equates in results.

vCash
    Twins are shopping Ben Revere who I would LOVE. No power, but Bourjos calibre speed/defensive ability which is underrated. 3.4 fWAR in 124 games last year. I'd send them Duda for this guy in a freaking heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Twins are shopping Ben Revere who I would LOVE. No power, but Bourjos calibre speed/defensive ability which is underrated. 3.4 fWAR in 124 games last year. I'd send them Duda for this guy in a freaking heartbeat.
    It would be nice to see, but I doubt they pull it off for Duda alone. Would likely require a middle-infielder or reliever thrown in.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    Revere would be great as a leadoff hitter. Teach the kid some more patience at the plate to get his OBP up over .350 and he'd probably be good for 45-50 SBs a year and 100 runs. It would take more than Duda. Maybe Duda, Marte and Bradford or Chism.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 12-05-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Revere would be great as a leadoff hitter. Teach the kid some more patience at the plate to get his OBP up over .350 and he'd probably be good for 45-50 SBs a year and 100 runs. It would take more than Duda. Maybe Duda, Marte and Bradford or Chism.
    Just looked him up. He sounds like a perfect fit for us. I would actually be thrilled with picking up a guy like that. He's young plus he takes care of our leadoff hitter vacancy as well as a spot in the outfield. Only downside is that he's another lefty batter, but I'd take him for sure.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    for #rangers, it's likely either greinke or hamilton, not both. zack is up, hamilton waits. @DKnobler http://cbsprt.co/TOwqbf

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    You are confusing rhetoric and eloquence. And you act like either equates in results.
    I'm having fun with it, dude. Relax. Chill. Clean yer shirt. It's dirty.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    Updated Greinke: Big-Money Showdown between #dodgers & #rangers ongoing. bidding said in $160M range. http://cbsprt.co/Vj5mki

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
    Keep an eye on Mike Olt at the winter meetings. One rival club official believes #Rangers are willing to trade him.

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
    Thought on Dickey: A team that acquires him may want to sign him to an extension, possibly increasing chance of #Mets getting better deal.

vCash

What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

There is a rumored 3-4 team deal in the works involving, Texas, Arizona, Tampa and Cleveland in which the Rangers get Upton and obviously they give up Olt and others.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast