Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    And you may be 100% correct, probably are 100% correct; but a little patience here is the right move.
    Heard it all before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    We need to wrap up Cody Ross quickly! He's about the only outfielder with out skill set that is affordable and decent.
    Well...if this does not show how far this team has fallen....nothing does:cry:

All I want for Christmas....Is....NEW OWNERS!!!!!:cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    There's no reason this team has to wait on RA to improve the team with an OF'er or reliever. It's just another excuse for inactivity.
    Agree. It's not as though we wouldn't know what to do if somehow we accidently ended up with two or three outfielders..

There should be no rush to move Dickey until they're sure they're getting the best return. But that shouldn't prevent other moves. Three other teams in the division have now added center fielders while the Mets waited (BJ UPton, Denard Span, Ben Revere). So they won't be able to say nothing was available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Agree. It's not as though we wouldn't know what to do if somehow we accidently ended up with two or three outfielders..

There should be no rush to move Dickey until they're sure they're getting the best return. But that shouldn't prevent other moves. Three other teams in the division have now added center fielders while the Mets waited (BJ UPton, Denard Span, Ben Revere). So they won't be able to say nothing was available.
    They're still stuck in ;wait and see' mode, like they have been for four years. Wait till everyone else has eaten and then go scrounging for crumbs, tr
    hey're using RA as an excuse to do nothing.

Same nonsense philosophy as under Omar they can't move on any more than one thing at a time. Pathetic, the FO is stuck in treacle, it's like everyone else has the internet and we're using carrier pigeons.

vCash
    The Mets rid themselves of Jason Bay, so on the bright side the 2013 product will be easier for you guys to watch for that reason alone.

I would also assume that the Mets are holding out for an Outfielder in all proposed RA Dickey trades. Those worrying about Duda, Kirk, Baxter making up the OF... shouldn't. The Mets will definitely do something it just takes time.

Ludwick signed for 2 years with an option for a third. Cincinnati was always his best fit because of their ballpark. Ross, and Hairston are needed for right handed pop in the outfield makes sense and so does Mark Reynolds even with his defense in question. The Mets need right handed power!

Patience is a virtue and the Mets need to see what they can get in a Dickey deal first but I know they will address the RH hitting situation especially without Bay as an excuse to fall back on.

vCash
    So far for the Mets, it appears that anything they happened to add in Nashville, will hopefully stay in Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    The Mets rid themselves of Jason Bay, so on the bright side the 2013 product will be easier for you guys to watch for that reason alone.

I would also assume that the Mets are holding out for an Outfielder in all proposed RA Dickey trades. Those worrying about Duda, Kirk, Baxter making up the OF... shouldn't. The Mets will definitely do something it just takes time.

Ludwick signed for 2 years with an option for a third. Cincinnati was always his best fit because of their ballpark. Ross, and Hairston are needed for right handed pop in the outfield makes sense and so does Mark Reynolds even with his defense in question. The Mets need right handed power!

Patience is a virtue and the Mets need to see what they can get in a Dickey deal first but I know they will address the RH hitting situation especially without Bay as an excuse to fall back on.

That's far from definite. Far from definite. This is what the Mets do every Winter, talk big make all the right noises, come back with their tails between their legs whimpering excuses.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.

vCash

Oh yeah? Maybe you guys will trade Curtis Granderson to us? Oh, right, he's not available to us since he actually makes a living wage. Then of course there is the issue of how many home runs he'd hit in our stadium. Never mind.

Fun time to be a Met fan.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

With respect, you clearly have no idea as to what the Mets think is an acceptable OF. I do, it's 3 warm bodies. They have consistently proven that.

vCash
    Talk talk talk talk, they have been talking for the last 3 off-seasons, and 3 trade deadlines (actually much long er than that really), talking about, considering, kicking the tires on, remaining interested, taking a wait and see approach on.

The end result is always the same, 'come on Sandy let's take a sniff round the bins again'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    ??? Answer my question. Why were you expecting the Mets to make a splash? We should be making facepalm's for you,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    ??? Answer my question. Why were you expecting the Mets to make a splash? We should be making facepalm's for you,
    I think he was being a bit sarcastic.

13. 12-08-2012, 05:36 PM
    Reason
    Insults and baiting. If you 2 guys can't stop the personal attacks, both of you will be banned.

14. 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
    Reason
    Insults and baiting. If you 2 guys can't stop the personal attacks, both of you will be banned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think he was being a bit sarcastic.
    I would have thought that was obvious.

16. 12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
    Reason

17. 12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
    Reason

vCash
    They are waiting till Harvey and Wheeler prove to be the real deal in some respects.

It's similar to Wright and Reyes in 2004 going into 2005 and then their subsequent acquisitions heading into that run of 2006.

If those guys break out next year or show signs of being as advertised the excuses are gone for the Wilpons and Sandy Alderson.

They made it public that will have significant flexibility next year, now if those guys are there to build around there will be nothing left for them to say or excuse anymore for that matter.

Two or three guys under contract (depending on Dickey), the rest arbitration eligible and Wright's contract that has deferred money in it there is really no reason why this team shouldn't spend money.

I understand we are wasting years and that there are a lot of questions about "Why not now?" but they have a plan in place, win with it or lose with it.

Eventually something has to be done, there is no other way this team can improve without spending money. They don't have the farm system positionally, don't have many assets to deal (even with their younger arms in their system, those guys still need more seasoning and more success as they move up to have better value).

It's sink or swim in FA and via trade at some point.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Andy Martino@MartinoNYDN

Wright's discussions w management incredibly detailed, going so far as to look at which free agents will be available in future offseasons.
    Wright was smart to have made this part of his deal...

It might not mean anything because pursue and acquiring are two different things but i don't think Wright would have re-signed if he thought this was a lost organization altogether.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast