Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If they want Niese + for Myers, why wouldn't we do it? I'm pretty sure they asked about Wheeler and the Mets said no.
    Rumor was they wanted Niese AND Wheeler for Myers. Sandy probably laughed and told Moore to go **** a goat
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    So the phillies can pick up ben revere while giving up nothing of value yet the Mets do nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    So the phillies can pick up ben revere while giving up nothing of value yet the Mets do nothing.
    Yeah it's freaking infuriating. We don't have a single MLB quality outfielder... not 1... and yet we're sitting here doing nothing.

Someone mentioned Revere's name earlier and I agreed. Would have been a cheap option. What are we doing?

vCash
    We couldnt match the value of Worley and that prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Yeah, good point. It's just tough to be patient after all of these years.

Just show me a couple steps in the right direction, that's all I'm asking. Not leaps and bounds, but a couple steps. A young righty outfielder with speed, a competent catcher, etc.
    yeah gues he lied to all of us again

vCash
    If they want Niese + for Myers, why wouldn't we do it? I'm pretty sure they asked about Wheeler and the Mets said no.

Depends what the plus is. Murphy/Valdespin I would do if we could get a lower level guy back.

It appears Texas is now the front runners for Grienke so LA should be in the mix for Dickey. If I am the Mets I stay away from Gordon unless he's a throw in.

I would take nothing short of Lee, Reed and Pederson.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    We couldnt match the value of Worley and that prospect
    Agreed. He would have been a great pickup for us but the Phillies gave up a lot.

vCash
    mets do nothing again. 4th place here we come or maybe even last place.

Alderson did nothing to improve this team. Guess we have to wait until 2014 to see waht happen to this team

Good ****ing job Sandy

vCash
    Worley And May are more then you are giving them credit for.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Huh? They gave up Worley and Trevor May. Revere isn't even that good.

For the Mets, that probably would have been Dillon Gee and Jeurys Familia + another minor prospect. That is too much for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Yeah it's freaking infuriating. We don't have a single MLB quality outfielder... not 1... and yet we're sitting here doing nothing.

Someone mentioned Revere's name earlier and I agreed. Would have been a cheap option. What are we doing?
    Revere is decent, but he is more of a fourth OF type. He has lots of speed and covers a lot of ground in CF, but he is a slappy singles hitter and has a noodle arm. The Phillies over paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    mets do nothing again. 4th place here we come or maybe even last place.

Alderson did nothing to improve this team. Guess we have to wait until 2014 to see waht happen to this team

Good ****ing job Sandy
    I get the frustration, but its the first week of December. The only real FA that has gone anywhere is Bourn. The whole market is waiting for Greinke and Hamilton to go some where. Nothing is going to happen with any trades or 2nd tier FA's till those guys sign. Calm down a little

Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Depends what the plus is. Murphy/Valdespin I would do if we could get a lower level guy back.

It appears Texas is now the front runners for Grienke so LA should be in the mix for Dickey. If I am the Mets I stay away from Gordon unless he's a throw in.

I would take nothing short of Lee, Reed and Pederson.
    You aren't getting Lee, Reed, and Pederson. If we can get Gordon, Lee, and Pederson we will have made a killing. We get another arm to add to the Harvey, Niese, Wheeler stable of young top flight pitchers, an OF to man one of the corners with solid power and good base stealing ability, and a speedster for the top of the lineup. Id take that deal in a heart beat if the Dodgers offered it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    Revere is decent, but he is more of a fourth OF type. He has lots of speed and covers a lot of ground in CF, but he is a slappy singles hitter and has a noodle arm. The Phillies over paid for him.

I get the frustration, but its the first week of December. The only real FA that has gone anywhere is Bourn. The whole market is waiting for Greinke and Hamilton to go some where. Nothing is going to happen with any trades or 2nd tier FA's till those guys sign. Calm down a little

You aren't getting Lee, Reed, and Pederson. If we can get Gordon, Lee, and Pederson we will have made a killing. We get another arm to add to the Harvey, Niese, Wheeler stable of young top flight pitchers, an OF to man one of the corners with solid power and good base stealing ability, and a speedster for the top of the lineup. Id take that deal in a heart beat if the Dodgers offered it.

I just don't see Lee as all that good. Pederson is years away although promising and Gordon sucks on defense (has potential) and can't hit a lick.

vCash
    Yeah Lee is overrated, I want no part of any package the Dodgers can offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    [/B]

I just don't see Lee as all that good. Pederson is years away although promising and Gordon sucks on defense (has potential) and can't hit a lick.
    Yeah Lee is overrated, I want no part of any package the Dodgers can offer.
    Lee has potential, at worst he seems like a 3rd or 4th starter. Pederson seems like he is gonna be a stud, even if we have to wait a year or 2 for him.

As for Gordon, its such a small sample size to write him off. In 143 games, equating to close to a full season he has a slash line of .260/.299/.315, while not great, hes still adjusting to the majors. You have to look at the fact that he also got 56 steals in that time period, which is down right Reyes like. If you put him in Citi, he could become an extra base machine. Hes only 24 and would give us a young infield to build around with Tejada, Ike, Gordon and the Franchise. Then the next year Pederson comes up and we have some money to spend.

It isnt necessarily the Myers or d'Arnaud we would have wanted, but its a solid deal.

vCash
    Dickey for D,Arnaud straight up. Do it Sandy.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast