Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    They re-signed David Wright prior to the winter meetings to the biggest contract in team history and restructured his contract to make room for contracts this year.

The Mets wouldn't be wise to invest in Hamilton, Greinke, or Sanchez at this stage. Trading for a catcher and looking for OF help is ideal, but we're not sure of the demands of players or teams looking to trade.

In addition, the market is being completely stalled by Greinke and Hamilton and once those two sign, the rest of the market will fall into place. Most teams have stood pat thus far and there are tons of FA available.

Don't forget that they'll also have the opportunity to add payroll if need be at the deadline if they're on the fringe of contending.

Do you actually know any players? You and Coupon just seem to take the most negative stances on things I've ever seen. Your arguments are very one-dimensional.

He was already a Met...iT was a stand pat move.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still falling for the 'flexibility at the deadline' routine?

vCash
    Sandy said to expect "major changes" to the roster this year. Was I just imagining that or did he actually say it? I'm not demanding Josh Hamilton or Zack Greinke or any such thing, but where are the "CHANGES"????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Sandy said to expect "major changes" to the roster this year. Was I just imagining that or did he actually say it? I'm not demanding Josh Hamilton or Zack Greinke or any such thing, but where are the "CHANGES"????
    The changes were coming when he was going to trade Dickey or Niese. However because Hamilton and Grienke didn't sign during the meetings like every speculated everything is at a stand still around the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    The changes were coming when he was going to trade Dickey or Niese. However because Hamilton and Grienke didn't sign during the meetings like every speculated everything is at a stand still around the league.
    Yeah, good point. It's just tough to be patient after all of these years.

Just show me a couple steps in the right direction, that's all I'm asking. Not leaps and bounds, but a couple steps. A young righty outfielder with speed, a competent catcher, etc.

vCash

What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

No one should ever go nuts about what doesn't happen at the winter meetings.

Every year people get all psyched for the big events during these meetings but every year it's not as wild as people hope for.

This year is no different. Doesn't mean nothing will happen. It'll just happen later.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Royals wanted both Niese and Wheeler.. oxygen.. get me some oxygen.. prepare the AED.. CLEAR.. zap!

Talk about a heart stopper! OMG! Well I guess if we were the old Mets, we probably would have gotten the deal done with the pitching coach saying " I can fix him in 10 minutes"! Maybe its better we don't hear about these remarks.

Thank god no one bit.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Royals wanted both Niese and Wheeler.. oxygen.. get me some oxygen.. prepare the AED.. CLEAR.. zap!

Talk about a heart stopper! OMG! Well I guess if we were the old Mets, we probably would have gotten the deal done with the pitching coach saying " I can fix him in 10 minutes"! Maybe its better we don't hear about these remarks.

Thank god no one bit.
    Yeah that's insane. Wheeler is an elite prospect like Myers.

vCash
    They were discussing Niese or Wheeler and not Dickey.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I like Murphy, but can we move Murphy for an outfielder and have Wilmer Flores fill in at 2B?

vCash
    Another Winter Meetings goes by without the Mets achieving anything.

vCash
    Marty a no show all week long during the meetings. As soon as they end he comes out in full force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    They were discussing Niese or Wheeler and not Dickey.
    Are u sure? What I read looked like they wanted both.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Are u sure? What I read looked like they wanted both.
    positive.
    They might have wanted Niese +.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    If they want Niese + for Myers, why wouldn't we do it? I'm pretty sure they asked about Wheeler and the Mets said no.

vCash
    I hope we can get some cash from the Tigers for the guy we drafted for them in the rule V. Take that money and throw it into a contract for Ludwick. Trade Dickey to TOR for JPA, Gose, and Syndergaard.

CF-Gose
    2B-Murphy
    3B-Wright
    1B-Ike
    RF-Ludwick
    C-JPA
    SS-Tejada
    LF-Kirk/Duda

I don't love JPA or Gose, but Syndergaard is a nice arm to add to the stable and it doesnt appear we are going to get a Wil Myers or d'Arnaud for Dickey and we have major holes to fill. Gose had 34 steals in AAA last year and can be a Michael Bourn type in center with good defense and good speed at the top of the lineup and JPA adds some pop to the lineup, even if his OBP is awful. Getting him out of the AL could help though. And I love Ludwick, hes got nice power and is a solid enough OF that he is 10 times better than what we have now.
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast