Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nicolino went to the Marlins in that deal for Reyes, Buerhle and Johnson.

Nolin is another guy i think the Mets would look at.
    O OK. I would want Aaron Sanchez and 2-3 more players from them is we are not getting their top catcher.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...sJ01d0JOBUG.99

11 teams have expressed interest in free agent lefty John Lannan for potential Major League jobs, hears Amanda Comak of the Washington Times. The 28-year-old has drawn interest from the Mets, Twins, and Pirates, based on previous reports.
    I like Lannan, it's too bad we don't have a spot for him..

vCash
    I think if we had an offer of Olt plus others we would have most likely done the deal. Unless Texas said here will be our offer if Grienke goes to the Dodgers. Until then it is on hold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what would happen. But if Sandy is just using the Rangers as leverage against KC, then he wouldn't accept Olt+. That could lead to the Mets missing out on everyone.
    well if an Olt deal is on the table, then hopefully he asks for a final offer from KC, TOR and whoever else is interested and if they don't give one, pull the trigger for Olt. That'd be a solid deal for us.

vCash
    That could be it too. There isn't a true deadline for these things for several months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I think its almost certain Greinke signs with the Dodgers.

Should give the Mets leverage if they come back to a deal with the Rangers.

The Greinke deal would have to be done soon though.

vCash
    Yeah if Olt+ is offered I think Sandy has to accept it and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I really don't love anything the Dodgers would have to offer.

Either a deal centerpieced around Dee Gordon and although i like Zack Lee it wouldn't be enough.

vCash
    Lets hope Josh Hamilton resigns a huge deal with TEX that would most likely impair their chances of shelling out the money for Greinke.

vCash
    No the Dodgers' system is depleted. If they were the only team left then I'd just keep Dickey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Lets hope Josh Hamilton resigns a huge deal with TEX that would most likely impair their chances of shelling out the money for Greinke.
    I've heard they're pushing for Upton so I don't know how plausible it is for Texas to resign Hamilton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I really don't love anything the Dodgers would have to offer.

Either a deal centerpieced around Dee Gordon and although i like Zack Lee it wouldn't be enough.
    That is why the Dodgers have to sign Grienke because we will have zero leverage with the Royals unless a team like the Red Sox got involved.

vCash
    I still think if any deal is made it will be with the Rangers.

Their system is plentiful.

It's also possible if they don't get a deal done with Dickey this offseason they look to trade him at the deadline.

Teams will be clamoring for quality SP then too.

vCash
    i understand what people are saying about the Dodgers system.... but if the best we could get is Dee Gordon and Zack Lee, i don't see why we wouldn't take that..?

Gordon had a rough year but he's still a highly regarded young SS who projected pretty good at the position and if he reaches his potential could make us all forget about Reyes. Wouldn't it be nice to have another SS thats fast all hell and can steal 70+ bases and isn't a free agent until 2018? Plus a decent SP prospect who could contribute soon and also has decent potential, rather than keeping Dickey for maybe 2 or 3 more yrs when we're really not close to competing for a WS........

No matter how good Dickey is for us over the next 3 yrs if we resign him for 2 more, i really don't see us making a WS run within that time. MAYBE in 3 yrs but certainly not this yr and most likely not next. After that is more likely. I'd prefer to have a good exciting SS for the next 6+ yrs and a possibility of another good young pitcher then to have Dickey for 3 more yrs, still not win and get nothing in return.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-06-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    I would think the Dodgers would be a last resort if we didn't want to pay Dickey.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast