Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You know as much as **** Dayton Moore (Royals GM) takes i was never that optimistic they would make that move for Dickey.

I mean Myers could be one of the better hitters in baseball for the next 10-12 years, i honestly don't even see him being dealt for Shields either.

I think they will hold on to him because they know how good he can be.

vCash
    Oh definitely. If I'm GM of the Royals there's no way I move Meyers for anyone other than obvious choices like a Posey or Trout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    someone made a "strong" offer to Dickey?? i hate that kinda news when we don't get told what the offer is! i wanna know!!

vCash
    I bet it is either from the Jays or from the Rangers.

vCash
    If Myers was actually offered for Shields or Niese one of those deals would have already happened.

In what world does one of the best hitting prospects in all of baseball get traded for a #2 starter? That's like trading an elite pitching prospect for 2 months of Beltran...

And isn't Shields not under contract for long-term? I could see Niese + B level prospects being dealt for Myers, but not Myers for just Niese.

vCash
    Yeah I agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I bet it is either from the Jays or from the Rangers.
    think Olt is involved? and who would be the centerpiece from TOR? i couldn't see them offering d'Arnaud and it better not be JP Arencibia as the main piece.

vCash
    If it turns out that the Rangers have offered Olt and Sandy is holding out for Meyers, I'll be upset. Unless of course we actually get Meyers in a miracle deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

I've said it from week before meetings & heard from team insider again tonight: No guarantee, but odds definitely tip toward Dickey staying.

vCash
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

Mets officials at dinner now. Maybe one or two more meetings tonight. But nothing more expected in Nashville.

vCash
    And if he stays then that's also great. I honestly have faith that Dickey will be dominant for the next several seasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    If it turns out that the Rangers have offered Olt and Sandy is holding out for Meyers, I'll be upset. Unless of course we actually get Meyers in a miracle deal.
    Lets pretend Mets have an offer on the table from TEX that involves Olt and another decent prospect for Dickey.

Wouldn't you think Sandy would go to KC GM and say, "Look, i have an offer for Dickey that includes Mike Olt plus other prospects... I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. What's your final Dickey offer?"

Do GM's even do that? I don't know much about how that process works...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    think Olt is involved? and who would be the centerpiece from TOR? i couldn't see them offering d'Arnaud and it better not be JP Arencibia as the main piece.
    From the Jays I would assume it would be a quantity thing. I don't see Sandy asking for guys like Meyers and Olt and turn around and take JP. From the Blue Jays

Noah Syndergaard
    Justin Nicoline
    Aaron Sanchez

Most likely 2 of those pitchers along with Arencibia would go to the Mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    From the Jays I would assume it would be a quantity thing. I don't see Sandy asking for guys like Meyers and Olt and turn around and take JP. From the Blue Jays

Noah Syndergaard
    Justin Nicoline
    Aaron Sanchez

Most likely 2 of those pitchers along with Arencibia would go to the Mets.
    Nicolino went to the Marlins in that deal for Reyes, Buerhle and Johnson.

Nolin is another guy i think the Mets would look at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Lets pretend Mets have an offer on the table from TEX that involves Olt and another decent prospect for Dickey.

Wouldn't you think Sandy would go to KC GM and say, "Look, i have an offer for Dickey that includes Mike Olt plus other prospects... I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. What's your final Dickey offer?"

Do GM's even do that? I don't know much about how that process works...
    Yeah that's exactly what would happen. But if Sandy is just using the Rangers as leverage against KC, then he wouldn't accept Olt+. That could lead to the Mets missing out on everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast