Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I still think if any deal is made it will be with the Rangers.

Their system is plentiful.

It's also possible if they don't get a deal done with Dickey this offseason they look to trade him at the deadline.

Teams will be clamoring for quality SP then too.
    Then the other team wouldn't get a supplemental pick, I think. Less attractive trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    i understand what people are saying about the Dodgers system.... but if the best we could get is Dee Gordon and Zack Lee, i don't see why we wouldn't take that..?

Gordon had a rough year but he's still a highly regarded young SS who projected pretty good at the position and if he reaches his potential could make us all forget about Reyes. Wouldn't it be nice to have another SS thats fast all hell and can steal 70+ bases and isn't a free agent until 2018? Plus a decent SP prospect who could contribute soon and also has decent potential, rather than keeping Dickey for maybe 2 or 3 more yrs when we're really not close to competing for a WS........
    Thing is those guys are fringy. I'd rather have Dickey and Tejada over Gordon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    i understand what people are saying about the Dodgers system.... but if the best we could get is Dee Gordon and Zack Lee, i don't see why we wouldn't take that..?

Gordon had a rough year but he's still a highly regarded young SS who projected pretty good at the position and if he reaches his potential could make us all forget about Reyes. Wouldn't it be nice to have another SS thats fast all hell and can steal 70+ bases and isn't a free agent until 2018? Plus a decent SP prospect who could contribute soon and also has decent potential, rather than keeping Dickey for maybe 2 or 3 more yrs when we're really not close to competing for a WS........
    The question is whether Gordon can hit at the major league level, he has the glove and the speed but i am not sure about his bat.

Lee is a very good spec but is that enough for Dickey? The Dodgers are so depleted after making all those moves last year.

There could be more possibilities to open near the deadline next year as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Then the other team wouldn't get a supplemental pick, I think. Less attractive trade.
    True the Mets would have to look for one specific prospect at that point similar to the deal for Beltran.

Honestly i really don't know if the Mets get more than one top 25-50 spec either way.

vCash
    Had it not been for the Wheeler deal I'd agree but it seems like Sandy can do anything now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't think The Dodgers will step up for Dickey, but if they did I would prefer a package of Gordon, Joc Pederson, Alex Castellanos and maybe a lower level prospect. I don't care for Lee that much.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I don't think The Dodgers will step up for Dickey, but if they did I would prefer a package of Gordon, Joc Pederson, Alex Castellanos and maybe a lower level prospect. I don't care for Lee that much.
    might as well shoot for Puig instead of Castellanos.

Castellanos already 26 and doesn't impress me too much. Rather Pederson and Puig with Gordon if something like this were to happen. But at any rate, i'd take it if it were the best we can do.

vCash

What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

The Mets get a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz rating for their winter meetings.

vCash
    As usual they have done absolutely nothing to improve the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's the beginning of December. What have the Yankees done?

vCash

What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

Well the Yanks are being like the Mets this year, pretty scary for their fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They re-signed David Wright prior to the winter meetings to the biggest contract in team history and restructured his contract to make room for contracts this year.

The Mets wouldn't be wise to invest in Hamilton, Greinke, or Sanchez at this stage. Trading for a catcher and looking for OF help is ideal, but we're not sure of the demands of players or teams looking to trade.

In addition, the market is being completely stalled by Greinke and Hamilton and once those two sign, the rest of the market will fall into place. Most teams have stood pat thus far and there are tons of FA available.

Don't forget that they'll also have the opportunity to add payroll if need be at the deadline if they're on the fringe of contending.

Do you actually know any players? You and Coupon just seem to take the most negative stances on things I've ever seen. Your arguments are very one-dimensional.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well the Yanks are being like the Mets this year, pretty scary for their fan base.
    Hank Steinbrenner
    "I just feel that if you do well on the player development side and you have a good farm system, you don't need a $220 million payroll. You can field every bit as good a team with young talent." -- Hank Steinbrenner
    New York is a Small Market
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...w-york-villain
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Can we sign Cano next year???? ray:

Cano + Wright = dynasty

vCash
    nate schierholtz would have been a decent pickup imo.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's the beginning of December. What have the Yankees done?
    How many games did the NYY win last year? how many times have they failed to make the post season in the last 20?

You get my drift.

When was the last time the Mets improved the team?

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast