Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 457
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,406
    vCash
    1500
    Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN

    Strong interest in Dickey today, but I'm getting pushback from sources on report they asked Bos for specific players. I heard they did not.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    because u trade from strength to fill weakness
    Perhaps.

    However, in 2014, Santana is very likely a goner. Meaning, if we trade away Niese, we would have no lefties remaining in our rotation.

    Also, I just look at the situation for 2014 and here is what I see: Wheeler, Harvey, Dickey, Gee.

    Harvey and Gee are apparently up next year, and Dickey is up this year. Meaning, we basically have to re-sign all 3 of those guys in order for pitching to be even remotely a strength.

    Trade Niese and I'm not sure how much of a strength the starting pitching will end up being.

    I love the idea of keeping all 5 of these guys around indefinitely. There will always be injuries here and there, so you want to have a bunch of guys you can trust in your rotation.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Are you saying Harvey and Gee are FA?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Perhaps.

    However, in 2014, Santana is very likely a goner. Meaning, if we trade away Niese, we would have no lefties remaining in our rotation.

    Also, I just look at the situation for 2014 and here is what I see: Wheeler, Harvey, Dickey, Gee.

    Harvey and Gee are apparently up next year, and Dickey is up this year. Meaning, we basically have to re-sign all 3 of those guys in order for pitching to be even remotely a strength.

    Trade Niese and I'm not sure how much of a strength the starting pitching will end up being.

    I love the idea of keeping all 5 of these guys around indefinitely. There will always be injuries here and there, so you want to have a bunch of guys you can trust in your rotation.
    Huh? No they're not.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Huh? No they're not.
    Thank god, I guess the site I got my info from sucks. Can you share a site where you can check contract status?

    Honestly when it said Harvey was up that seemed very weird to me considering his age. I don't know what's with the site I checked...
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Thank god, I guess the site I got my info from sucks. Can you share a site where you can check contract status?

    Honestly when it said Harvey was up that seemed very weird to me considering his age. I don't know what's with the site I checked...
    Ok, this is the deal dude.

    The Mets are not on the hook after 2013 for anybody aside from Wright at Niese as of now, but that is because everybody else is a young guy who is arbitration eligible or does not have the 3 year mlb experience to be arbitration eligible. That is why those contracts do not count as of now to future payrolls, because guys could get non tendered, but obviously the Mets will tender contracts to all these guys unless they become too expensive for what their production like a Pelfrey, Acosta and Torres were this year.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

    RT @kengurnick: The Dodgers have talked to the Mets about acquiring Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey.
    .

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,178
    vCash
    1500
    The Dodgers have a weak system, but I guess anything will start with Puig or Lee.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Dodgers have a weak system, but I guess anything will start with Puig or Lee.
    Puig is barely a top 100 prospect so i think starting with only Puig OR Lee wouldn't be enough to trade Dickey. More like Puig AND Lee, and try to get Dee Gordon too and throw in a prospect their way if u have to.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Puig is barely a top 100 prospect so i think starting with only Puig OR Lee wouldn't be enough to trade Dickey. More like Puig AND Lee, and try to get Dee Gordon too and throw in a prospect their way if u have to.
    Puig also has that stupid massive contract attached to him.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Ok, this is the deal dude.

    The Mets are not on the hook after 2013 for anybody aside from Wright at Niese as of now, but that is because everybody else is a young guy who is arbitration eligible or does not have the 3 year mlb experience to be arbitration eligible. That is why those contracts do not count as of now to future payrolls, because guys could get non tendered, but obviously the Mets will tender contracts to all these guys unless they become too expensive for what their production like a Pelfrey, Acosta and Torres were this year.
    Oh yeah, thanks for the information. Makes a lot more sense now.

    Anyway, I was saying, we pretty much have a strong, young rotation right now. Why mess with it? Why trade it away? Maybe RA, but I can't see Niese.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,961
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Oh yeah, thanks for the information. Makes a lot more sense now.

    Anyway, I was saying, we pretty much have a strong, young rotation right now. Why mess with it? Why trade it away? Maybe RA, but I can't see Niese.
    Agreed.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    8,690
    vCash
    1500

    What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

    Just heard on MLB network about dickey to the Blue Jays?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiddvc20 View Post
    Just heard on MLB network about dickey to the Blue Jays?
    This is gonna have failure written all over it...


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    This is gonna have failure written all over it...
    There is no report.

    He was just hearing about them talking with the Jays.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •