Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cesar Izturis reps are suppose to meet with the mets this week

vCash
    MetsBlog.com ‏@metsblog

Mets talked to Red Sox about Dickey, like Bogaerts & Bradley > http://on.sny.tv/TFq5zq #snymets
    Talent-wise that's quite good, but neither is MLB ready -- eh, maybe Bradley. Bogaerts is blocked at 3B by Wright and few think he stays at SS. Bogaerts is so impressive that he impressed me the first time I saw him two years ago just walking to the plate.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    MetsBlog.com ‏@metsblog

Talent-wise that's quite good, but neither is MLB ready -- eh, maybe Bradley. Bogaerts is blocked at 3B by Wright and few think he stays at SS. Bogaerts is so impressive that he impressed me the first time I saw him two years ago just walking to the plate.
    I can't see how the Red Sox would give up their 2 best prospects according to BA anyway.

vCash
    Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN
    Heard same from several more execs RT @NYDNHarper: Spoke to 2 GMs who say Niese has significantly more trade value than Dickey.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash

What Happens in Nashville...Winter Meetings

Trade both.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I don't get why the Royals are also willing to part with Hosmer, Moustakas, etc. Any chance we could send Dickey, Ike, and Duda and get Myers & Hosmer? I know he had a down year but I think Hosmer is gonna be a beast!

Would love to keep RA but if we're not spending in the FA pool then he seems like the most logical trade chip. Niese has good upside and fits the 2014+ plan.

vCash
    IMO depends what that team is looking for. Neise is obviously a better deal, but Dickey is definitely the better pitcher (Ace material) at this moment. We could get a good package of prospects for Neise but seems like Dickey can get us the 1 impact player...

vCash
    Teams love Niese's contract along with him being a young lefty with proven major league success.

It makes a lot of sense teams peeking in on Niese too.

vCash
    Sandy Alderson had Russian dressing on his salad for lunch, he pushed the croutons aside.

Rosenthal takes this as a sign that Alderson likes Russian dressing and does not like croutons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Sandy Alderson had Russian dressing on his salad for lunch, he pushed the croutons aside.

Rosenthal takes this as a sign that Alderson likes Russian dressing and does not like croutons.
    lol

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

the #mets are right to ask for a lot for RA Dickey. hes the Freakin NL Cy Young winner. pardon the language.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN
    I said this to everyone, but few believed me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I said this to everyone, but few believed me.
    My confusion stems from the fact that Niese seems like a guy you trade FOR during a rebuild, not a guy you trade AWAY during a rebuild. Know what I mean?
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    My confusion stems from the fact that Niese seems like a guy you trade FOR during a rebuild, not a guy you trade AWAY during a rebuild. Know what I mean?
    Absolutely correct.

After Baxter and Wheeler, Niese is our most valuable pitching commodity. Possible even ahead of Wheeler.

Why trade him when you can never have too much pitching and he could still be young when the MEts turn the corner? I never understood this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Absolutely correct.

After Baxter and Wheeler, Niese is our most valuable pitching commodity. Possible even ahead of Wheeler.

Why trade him when you can never have too much pitching and he could still be young when the MEts turn the corner? I never understood this.

because u trade from strength to fill weakness
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast