Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Winter meetings coverage for the Mets on SNY at 7 pm Monday - Thursday.

Also Mlb network is covering the winter meetings all week too. Times are 3pm and 6 pm

vCash
    mets should shop murphy too

vCash
    Updated, 1:57 pm: The Mets are talking to several teams about Dickey, as they work to acquire an outfielder or a catcher, tweets CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman.
    I hope this moves quick so we can move on to other things.

vCash
    5 suitors, but Hairston says return possible

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Asked if his return to the Mets appeared improbable given reported interest from heavy hitters such as the Yankees suggested otherwise.

"I think it's still probable," Hairston told ESPNNewYork.com on Monday afternoon. "They haven't said whether or not they will offer market value or multiple years, though. Now that Jason Bay is a free agent, it brings things back in play for me."
    -- Adam Rubin
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Sandy Alderson said he's had "preliminary" talks with multiple teams about Dickey and other players. Will talk with teams all day.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Sandy Alderson said fewer conversations about Niese than Dickey, but that could change.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Alderson wants back a "difference maker" for Dickey "because R.A. is a difference maker."

vCash
    Lets sign Jason Bay and call it good. He'll make an immediate impact in our lineup with his bat!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    McCulloughSL Alderson also said the team is not punting on 2013.

McCullough has been one reporter that has called BS to many of Alderson's comments.

vCash
    Angel Pagan and the Giants have reached an agreement on a contract, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports (via Twitter). The agreement is for four years and $40MM, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link). Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports first reported (via Twitter) that the two sides were nearing a deal.
    -- secret site
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

11. 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM
    Reason
    yes, please don't quote that site.

vCash
    The Giants overpaid by a year but that's what the market dictates.

If he is unmotivated like he was in 2011 with the Mets that could bite the Giants in the ***.

vCash
    Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN
    With obvious caveat about how things can change, hearing very strongly from league source Royals would not part with Wil Myers for Dickey.

vCash
    I am very happy Pagan stayed with the Giants and didnt end up with the Phillies. That would have really frustrated me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Pagan 4 years/$40 million
    From non-tender candidate to breaks the bank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    From non-tender candidate to breaks the bank.
    If he had played like he did last year with the Mets in 2011, he might still be here.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast