Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    DHB Seymour and most likely Kelley will be gone for cap space. i'm curious what they'll do with CP3 and the biggest thing i'm anxious to see is who they sign in FA and also if they make any trades. i'm pretty sure DMAC will be traded for picks.
    I don't think free agency is going to help much. Who is going to want to play here? If we want someone who will make a real impact it will cost us up the yang! We would be right back where we are now.
    This will have to be a draft rebuilding project. Another two to three years before we are really competitive IMHO.

vCash
    I would like to see some trades for later picks. Problem is who is going to want what we will be trading?

vCash
    Something else to think about. Let us assume that Rm will continue in this off season where he left off. We will continue to rid ourselves of overpaid players. RM is not going to want to saddle the team with more of the same. So we will continue the practice of bringing in second tier players. We will also lose some veterans even though they are over paid at key positions. We will fill those positions with second tier players and rookies.
    What I am saying is that regardless of wether or not DA is retained we probably will see little in the way of progress until the later part of next season. We could in fact be worse for most of next season. Even if DA is gone the new coach would face the same situation.
    Getting free agents will be very tough. Impact players are going to want way to much to come to a struggling team. I don't think RM will put us in that boat again.
    I think it will take at least two seasons before we start to see real progress. IMHO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I dunno...I still believe in Coach Allen but you are what your won/loss record says you are, in the case of the Raiders its much worse given the nature of the blowouts they have suffered.

I will say this, not everyone is meant to coach the Raiders.
    Damn Snake, you got that right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Gruden wouldn't have had these second unit scrubs performing any better today. We need players that can execute the plays and know the game of football.

We don't have enough of those guys this season.
    I have to agree Randy, I really think it's the scrubs we have. I say clean house of certain players first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike515089 View Post
    I find it almost laughable people still think Gruden would want to coach the Raiders. I also find it laughable that so many people think that just firing DA we are going to magicly be a better team. We need consistency in the coaching department.

We need a real coach? Norv Turner wasn't the answer. Art Shell wasn't the answer. Lane Kiffin wasn't the answer. Tom Cable wasn't the answer. Hue Jackson wasn't the answer. So what do we do now? Fire Dennis Allen and start over from scratch like we have to do every single season? Gruden and any self respected veteran coach in the NFL will not take the job as the Raiders head coach until they prove that they can have some type of job security. That starts with having players on the team who want to win and not just play for the pay check. Every year we are told the new coach is gonna make these guys put in more effort, they will have a greater desire to win. It's time we sign and draft guys who want to play and want to win in this league. Right now that is pretty hard to do with all the over inflated contracts going to guys who either have no desire to win or are content with standing on the sideline wearing their street clothes.
    Tom Cable and Hue Jackson had the team at 8-8 and on the cusp of the playoffs.
    It starts with coaching, Dennis Allen has failed completely. He was supposed to be a defensive coach. The defense looks as bad as ever, and that is saying something. If I was Mark Davis, Dennis Allen would be gone and Reggie McKenzie would have one more year with a whole new staff to show me something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalcracker View Post
    It starts with coaching, Dennis Allen has failed completely. He was supposed to be a defensive coach. The defense looks as bad as ever, and that is saying something. If I was Mark Davis, Dennis Allen would be gone and Reggie McKenzie would have one more year with a whole new staff to show me something.
    I completely disagree on McKenzie. He walked into an absolute mess - he shouldn't be fired for not cleaning it up, considering the obstacles he faced.

As far as DA goes, I'm betting the Raiders ditch Knapp and possibly Tarver - I think they'll bring in new coordinators who were head coaches in the past. Think of Norv Turner / Romeo Crennel as good examples of that.

That way, if it goes sideways, you have an experienced guy who can step in as interim mid-season.

vCash
    Yes, they did inherit a mess. But a good leader will take what he has and improve. The Raiders are getting worse, not better. It's time to put Pryor in along with the players on the bench and see what they are capable of in order to improve next year. Any fool can understand that. This year is past and done. Lets get ready for next year by getting rid of the players that are not needed. Worst job of managing I've ever seen in 55 years.Same mistakes over and over and they seem to think they will get a different result.

WE the fans are the heart of the NATION. Not this Circus we are watching on Sunday each week.

vCash
    We suck cause our OC sucks !
    Horrible play caller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders-SJ View Post
    We suck cause our OC sucks !
    Horrible play caller.
    Agreed, is it a coincidents that when u take the play calling duties away from greg crap we actually look like a real offense? I think not...and on a side note, i really liked the way jeremy stewart read his blockers and caught the ball, i believe he was 6 for 6 if im not mistaken with a couple of nice "impact" plays.(i think reggie found himself a diamond in the rough)

vCash
    Some people don't hold a double standard....

If Action Jackson was to manage a team like this and make dumb decisions, people would be calling for his head.

vCash

Expansion Season

I almost feel as though 2012 is akin to an expansion season for the Raiders.

Al did not have a succession plan in place when he departed, this organization is completely changing the way it does business. I am not making excuses for the product on the field but this team is dealing with a unique set of circumstances.

The Raiders did not have the benefit of an expansion draft, but are playing a new brand of football with players accustomed to playing for Al. Its no irony that players like Wheeler, Burris and Palmer are solid while legacy Al Davis types such as Moore, DHB, McFadden, et al are struggling and quitting.

I see McKenzie conducting some serious roster cuts, I would rather see the Raiders take their chances with young unprovens like Criner and solid vets like Wheeler who want to be here, and play with heart as opposed to talented malcontents who have no heart and are accustomed to business as usual under Al.

Progress will be seen in year 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RammsteinRaider View Post
    I don't think free agency is going to help much. Who is going to want to play here? If we want someone who will make a real impact it will cost us up the yang! We would be right back where we are now.
    This will have to be a draft rebuilding project. Another two to three years before we are really competitive IMHO.
    this isn't the 2008 Raiders. we're in a new era with a real front office and with a competent GM and HC. we'll attract players we want to be here, not divas with big names who won't contribute
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I almost feel as though 2012 is akin to an expansion season for the Raiders.

Al did not have a succession plan in place when he departed, this organization is completely changing the way it does business. I am not making excuses for the product on the field but this team is dealing with a unique set of circumstances.

The Raiders did not have the benefit of an expansion draft, but are playing a new brand of football with players accustomed to playing for Al. Its no irony that players like Wheeler, Burris and Palmer are solid while legacy Al Davis types such as Moore, DHB, McFadden, et al are struggling and quitting.

I see McKenzie conducting some serious roster cuts, I would rather see the Raiders take their chances with young unprovens like Criner and solid vets like Wheeler who want to be here, and play with heart as opposed to talented malcontents who have no heart and are accustomed to business as usual under Al.

Progress will be seen in year 2.
    I think DHB has shown heart... he might not be the best player but he has shown that he wants to be here IMO... I really hope we see progress in year two because it's getting bad... As for DA... I don't know what to say, i think he's just in over his head as HC... he doesn't know enough about the all around work needed to be the HC.. I just hope thursday we look competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalcracker View Post
    Hue Jackson should have lead the team to the playoffs. We were 7-4 and in the drivers seat this time last year. Hue was so sure he went and convinced front office one week after Al's death to morgage the teams future to bring in Carson Palmer. We began rebuilding because we never really tried to rebuild in the first place. We have just been signing average players to huge contracts. Also why should McKenzie be fired? We are not even one full season into his regime and your already wanting him gone? We have spent a decade just trying to turn a .500 record. Putting a playoff team on the field isnt going to happen over night, we need to start by cutting the dead weight and getting guys that want to play in the NFL and for this team.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast