Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This organizatin is going through a major change and the team reflects the organization. DA will probably stay. I hope he has a better season when he gets his players. Some players will take the money but they don't want to play in Oakland. DA made a good move today in benching DM and DHB. Welcome to the NFL young fellows. The last few years this organization has been the place for players careers to die. It's time to get players that are hungy. I hope we trade out of the first round next year, make trades, and cut the dead weight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    a lot of offensive coordinators, im focusing on D coordinator. Another guy i would like is Romeo crennel. the guy isn't a good hc but a pretty good Coordinator. He also is a guy all his players like. Crennel spoke great today after the win.
    Ron Rivera is another guy who would be worth hiring as a DC.

He's got head coaching experience, a track record of success wherever he's gone -- and, lest we forget, he's been successful coaching both 34 AND 43 defenses.

Turner / Rivera would be ideal, IMO, though Gailey and Crennel would be pretty good, as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Ron Rivera is another guy who would be worth hiring as a DC.

He's got head coaching experience, a track record of success wherever he's gone -- and, lest we forget, he's been successful coaching both 34 AND 43 defenses.

Turner / Rivera would be ideal, IMO, though Gailey and Crennel would be pretty good, as well.
    Yep. i think that will be great expect i prefer crennel more. I've never heard a player talk smack about him and he just has a quality i like. I feel like he can be the "father figure" of the team if you know what i mean.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash

Thumbs down

Gosh. Really wish we had Action Jackson.

And what is Allen thinking by not going for 3 points when they were in Janos range. U have to take the 3 points and see if u even get the ball back on an onside kick . Horrible choice to go for the td. Almost as bad as Georgia's dumb decision making yesterday.

Someone show Allen the door!

vCash
    Chan Gailey and Ken Whisenhunt should be in the mix for OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Allen isn't going anywhere.
    Yes he is....
    Even if a team looses, a coach is supposed to have these guys playing with heart .... These guys don't want to be out there... They gave up ... Anyone can see it he may be a good defensive coord. but him being a head coach isnt working.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Where are all you DA supporters now?
    Under what rock did you crawl out from?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    I'm not trying to give the franchise to a rookie coach. Had we hired a Gruden, or cower I'd say let him work it out because he's proven...We switch coaches constantly because we're cheap and want to hire these no names or rookies to save money... Spend the money an lure me in a good coach. I hate to beat a dead horse but lets bring in chucky!
    We have to hire no name or rookie coaches because no respectable coach will touch us. Part of it is talent and the other part was a history of micro managing the coaches, blaming them when things go wrong and firing them.

Like it or not now is the time to prove that we can let the front office do its job and give a coach a fair chance. This will help the Raiders long-term. Give Reggie and DA a fair chance and prove to the league that we've changed our ways and if they fail after being given a fair chance, we just might be able to land a top coach, a proven GM, or an assistant that is ready to be a HC.

This is a full rebuild I know it sucks after a decade of sucking, but we should have done a full rebuild in 2004. It might even get worse next year, but I'm down for trying to rebuild the right way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    We have to hire no name or rookie coaches because no respectable coach will touch us. Part of it is talent and the other part was a history of micro managing the coaches, blaming them when things go wrong and firing them.

Like it or not now is the time to prove that we can let the front office do its job and give a coach a fair chance. This will help the Raiders long-term. Give Reggie and DA a fair chance and prove to the league that we've changed our ways and if they fail after being given a fair chance, we just might be able to land a top coach, a proven GM, or an assistant that is ready to be a HC.

This is a full rebuild I know it sucks after a decade of sucking, but we should have done a full rebuild in 2004. It might even get worse next year, but I'm down for trying to rebuild the right way.
    it will be much better next year
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    I find it almost laughable people still think Gruden would want to coach the Raiders. I also find it laughable that so many people think that just firing DA we are going to magicly be a better team. We need consistency in the coaching department.

We need a real coach? Norv Turner wasn't the answer. Art Shell wasn't the answer. Lane Kiffin wasn't the answer. Tom Cable wasn't the answer. Hue Jackson wasn't the answer. So what do we do now? Fire Dennis Allen and start over from scratch like we have to do every single season? Gruden and any self respected veteran coach in the NFL will not take the job as the Raiders head coach until they prove that they can have some type of job security. That starts with having players on the team who want to win and not just play for the pay check. Every year we are told the new coach is gonna make these guys put in more effort, they will have a greater desire to win. It's time we sign and draft guys who want to play and want to win in this league. Right now that is pretty hard to do with all the over inflated contracts going to guys who either have no desire to win or are content with standing on the sideline wearing their street clothes.

vCash
    Listen you can say what you want about Hue but the bottom line is that even though our deffense sucked last year we still were puting up around 30 and staying in games. I like palmer but the season is done put in pryor so we can see what we have, mabe he will make the offense worth watching again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sat raider View Post
    Listen you can say what you want about Hue but the bottom line is that even though our deffense sucked last year we still were puting up around 30 and staying in games. I like palmer but the season is done put in pryor so we can see what we have, mabe he will make the offense worth watching again
    2 posts in 3 years?!?!?!?!?!?!

we were putting 22 ppg last year. but damn dude, you must be pissed you never post.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    2 posts in 3 years?!?!?!?!?!?!

we were putting 22 ppg last year. but damn dude, you must be pissed you never post.

Thas just how bad its goten i needed to let out a little frustration

vCash
    DHB Seymour and most likely Kelley will be gone for cap space. i'm curious what they'll do with CP3 and the biggest thing i'm anxious to see is who they sign in FA and also if they make any trades. i'm pretty sure DMAC will be traded for picks.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRossDaBoss View Post
    Yes he is....
    Even if a team looses, a coach is supposed to have these guys playing with heart .... These guys don't want to be out there... They gave up ... Anyone can see it he may be a good defensive coord. but him being a head coach isnt working.
    You do realize that one of the best things Gruden did for Oakland was convince Al to cut people that had no heart. Then he got a team leader in Gannon that held players accountable as well and it changed the culture in Oakland. It doesn't happen in one offseason when the team is hopelessly over the cap and has limited draft picks.

One of the most important things Gruden did was cut out the cancer and restore accountability, thus changing the culture of losing.

IDK if Reggie and Allen are up to the task. Giving them a fair chance is in the Raiders best interests. Now that Al is gone and MD is in charge we have a chance to change our perception around the NFL. By giving them a fair chance, not micro managing the front office and coaches, we can become a desirable franchise to work for again, which will help us get top talent in the front office and at HC.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast