Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    lol at the guy who brought up cowher. cowher will never come here, he disklikes the raiders and the west coast. only way Cowher comes back is for a perfect situation, not a rebuilding situation.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    Gruden, Cowher, Mora, LeBeau, Edwards. I'm not going to get into just how schitty 4 of your 5 choices are but I am going to ask a legit question. I can't think of a coach that left the game for years and came back to lead a team to a championship. I remember watching a program about that and how difficult it is for a HC to come back after being away from the game for a long period of time. Something about the game changing so quickly and not being there to adapt.
    Dick Vermeil is the only man that springs to mind, and that was 13 years ago.

He left a lot of the 'coaching' to assistants, BTW, and was greatly aided by a HOF RB, exceptional talent at WR and an absolute stud at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Vermil, but a guy like Gruden has been around the game and can be plugged right in
    Gruden wouldn't have had these second unit scrubs performing any better today. We need players that can execute the plays and know the game of football.

We don't have enough of those guys this season.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    I don't know about his competence, I have never conversed with the guy and have no idea what he know does not know. What I do know is I stumbled my first year on the job, most of us do in some capacity or another.

Every other coach the guy has worked for has said they knew he would be a head coach in the league some day. He cam to us very highly regarded from every other coach in every other organization he worked for.

Is he over his head here? He could be, it seems as if not a head coach here he was destined to be one some place else at some point. Was it too early could he have learned more still being an assistant other places? That's another one I don't have the answer to.

What I do know is our players do not execute plays for squat at least eighty percent of the time. Some plays opposing receivers are running free with no one in ten yards of them. Is that Allens fault? Are bonehead penalties Allens fault? How about under thrown passes to the inside right to a DB, is that one on Allen? How about guys that can't tackle on the D side of the ball, do you think Allen does not want those plays to be made?

I see some mistakes all over the place, yes some of the stuff is on the coaching staff but the plays out on the field is on the players. This team has about a dozen or so guys I would consider true players in this league. The rest would be backups or not in the league all together.

This team runs a bunch of scrubs and second unit guys out as starters. We need better football players or the coach won't matter one way or the other imo.

I'm usually pretty level headed, but holy crap did this game shake me up a bit. What an epic display of bad football from the Raiders.

And Stork - Yes, this team is TERRIBLE. For my money, the lack of physicality from either line is infuriating.

The Raiders are not a franchise / organization that should have lines that get pushed around.

Also, Stork - If DMC gets the kind of running lanes Stewart and Reece had today, he's going to start looking like a "beast" again. Mark my words. The same goes for Goodson, as well.

vCash
    Rotoworld is reporting that Moore left the game for Performance issues, so DA benched him...
    Lets be honest guys, these players hate this kid.
    I dont know why, but that we support ciach crap is clearly not true, you only have to look as far as the effort of this team to see that.
    We will get absolutely crushed by a Denver team coming off a less then spectacular performance....45-10...He should be fired after that game.

vCash
    Tampa and Denver pulled the plug on their youth experiments and they are in better shape because of it. I still feel it would be a mistake to hire yet another coach in as many years time. It makes me feel somewhat better that Allen was hired by a football guy as opposed to an emotional owner as was the case when Pat Bowlen dismissed the Rat for McDaniels and the Glazers cut Gruden loose.

I like Allen, there is something about him that makes me believe better days are ahead. I also believe Reggie understood the magnitude of who his first head coaching hire would be, and he hired Allen when the pool of potential suitors was much deeper than it had been in years, due to the state of organizational disrepair under Al.

I hope he is given another year and I base this on nothing other than my gut feelings towards the matter.

vCash
    can we just relax please. we will go 3-13 lets start this talk in the offseason. im tired of all the *****ing.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    I blame both side's coaches and players coaches get most the blame for. Changing everything around on offense taking us from 8-8 seasons to 3-13. I like DA but i don't think he has the passion or intensity and experience. To get on players *** and get them going when they are down and giving up and getting stupid penalties and for hiring Knapp.The players get blame for not catching balls being out of place and not tackling.I would support a proven HC to be hired weather Gruden,Cower,Herm or whoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidersKing44 View Post
    I blame both side's coaches and players coaches get most the blame for. Changing everything around on offense taking us from 8-8 seasons to 3-13. I like DA but i don't think he has the passion or intensity and experience. To get on players *** and get them going when they are down and giving up and getting stupid penalties and for hiring Knapp.The players get blame for not catching balls being out of place and not tackling.I would support a proven HC to be hired weather Gruden,Cower,Herm or whoever.
    stop bringing up cowher god damn. hes been retired all these years and you think he's going to come back to a rebuilding team?
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    Apparently the Op was asleep during 2006

Yes...this year sucks. Get a tissue, and GTF over it.

We've been firing coaches for how long? And has it worked? Nope....fire the players.

vCash
    ^^^ money talks, he may prefer that.. He may want a team he can build. You or I wouldn't know that
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Apparently the Op was asleep during 2006

Yes...this year sucks. Get a tissue, and GTF over it.

We've been firing coaches for how long? And has it worked? Nope....fire the players.

Exactly, fire one more and get a proven coach.. We shouldn't put all our eggs in the rookie coaches basket
    [

vCash
    You're fooling yourselves if you think Allen is getting fired after a year. Its just not going to happen. Knapp will be the sacrificial lamb.

I just can't see McKenzie allowing the carousel to continue after the first year of his tenure.

-Stork

vCash
    Vince Lombardi or (insert any decent coach from the pasts name here) would have walked out of the stadium with an L today.

These players constantly beat themselves, we don't have winners, we don't have smart football players. We don't have guys that can execute a play, catch a pass or make a tackle.....no one wins anything with these scrubs. Sorry guys we need a whole bunch of football players.

Not bad trades, not Al's pets not huge contracts with under performing nitwits. I look at these guys and see about a handful that care, a handful that will go out and fight for a win. In this league you need more than a handful you need a full team with that mindset.

We don't have them.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    ^^^ money talks, he may prefer that.. He may want a team he can build. You or I wouldn't know that
    no. hes already said hes not coming back unless its a perfect situation. Plus he hates the west coast. He might end up going to SD even if he hates the west coast. He wants a young franchise QB. Any team will make him one of the highest paid coaches in history when he comes back.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast