Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 157
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,911
    vCash
    1500
    Firstly - I'm not calling anyone out for a low post-count.

    I just thought it was funny that the first two responses were from people who don't post often.

    I'm concerned with what people write, not how often they write.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Do any of you see this team

    Of course we stink, this wasn't getting turned around this year guys. I am as sorry as any other fan but we were not going to make any noise this year.

    A different coach doesn't get the players to magically catch passes and not make bonehead mistakes out on the field.

    This players on this squad are a bunch of under performing clowns that can't get it done.

    You can't coach stupid which is what this team is full of for the most part.
    Randy, thank you.

    I'm calming down a bit in regards to DA.

    I'm mostly concerned that the Raiders stick with Dennis Allen - who is, in fact, incompetent - for another year, putting the rebuilding process back a year or two.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    STFU
    There are no gimmies in the NFL.
    Snake, I respect your opinion, your a knowledgable fan... What makes you like DA ??
    [

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville N.C.
    Posts
    2,942
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Loud and proud mr 17 posts



    Gruden is a pipe dream.

    Herm? HERM?



    No really, who else that is fathomable?
    That's the thing, anyone of those coaches would be better than Allen. Because of Dennnis Allen, the Raiders turned the opposite direction. The little progress they had coming into the season is gone because of this chump. Now, players like DMC, Rolando, and others will most likely bet outright cut this offseason. He mad this team look so terrible that McKinzie will tear it up not because of lack of talent, but because Allen could not coach worth a damn and these kids regressed.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    I dunno...I still believe in Coach Allen but you are what your won/loss record says you are, in the case of the Raiders its much worse given the nature of the blowouts they have suffered.

    I will say this, not everyone is meant to coach the Raiders.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Do any of you see this team

    Of course we stink, this wasn't getting turned around this year guys. I am as sorry as any other fan but we were not going to make any noise this year.

    A different coach doesn't get the players to magically catch passes and not make bonehead mistakes out on the field.

    This players on this squad are a bunch of under performing clowns that can't get it done.

    You can't coach stupid which is what this team is full of for the most part.
    It's not that he will make them catch, but he may make them ready. We come out flat too often, our halftime adjustments are a joke. I'm not ready to give a rookie coach 3 years to "try" and figure it out.
    [

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45
    vCash
    1500
    Ok. First off we had to dump some decent players that were getting overpaid just to get under the cap. Second, our corners at the start of the season were average at best and they got hurt. Third, we have no pass rush. Fourth, for whatever reason McFadden has been ineffective this year. Fifth, the whole organization had to start over after the passing of Al Davis because he did everything, so all levels of football operation had to adjust, not just the players on the field. Lastly, we had next to no draft picks in the draft. Having said all that, Im not saying Dennis Allen is the answer or isnt. Just thought we should remember all the facts before calling for his job.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Snake, I respect your opinion, your a knowledgable fan... What makes you like DA ??
    I am impressed with his credentials, youthful energy and straight forward demeanor. He seems like a good young bright head coach that holds players accountable and is committed to turning this franchisee around. McKenzie wanted his guy and said that Allen was his guy, that also impressed me.

    I don't know what he is about, I have never meant the man, so this is all fan speculation.

    I could be wrong, I also saw something in Mike White that proved to be a flash in the pan.

    I will reiterate my earlier post in that not everyone is meant to coach the Raiders.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    My point was just that I dont see how DA has made any progress. He was a defensive guy and we have one of the worst defenses in the league. The team overall has regressed. And we now have the situation with McClain. DA cant be blamed for eveything but I just do not see any progress.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,411
    vCash
    500
    da made a mistake with his coordinators. get him experienced coordinators so they can do their job. Jason Garret and Winston moss.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I am impressed with his credentials, youthful energy and straight forward demeanor. He seems like a good young bright head coach that holds players accountable and is committed to turning this franchisee around. McKenzie wanted his guy and said that Allen was his guy, that also impressed me.

    I don't know what he is about, I have never meant the man, so this is all fan speculation.

    I could be wrong, I also saw something in Mike White that proved to be a flash in the pan.

    I will reiterate my earlier post in that not everyone is meant to coach the Raiders.
    Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

    I'm just afraid that our past coaching carosal will result in us keeping a coach longer than we should . Why do we always take chances on unproven coaches? Lets spend money and get a coach with history of success.
    [

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    da made a mistake with his coordinators. get him experienced coordinators so they can do their job. Jason Garret and Winston moss.
    This may be correct, but it was a huge mistake. One that may cost him his job, I hope
    [

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    2,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Gruden, Cowher, Jim Mora, or my personal favorite...Dick LeBeau!

    Really, I would even accept HermEdward, or a college coach for that matter, but someone with some damn knowledge in football.
    Gruden, Cowher, Mora, LeBeau, Edwards. I'm not going to get into just how schitty 4 of your 5 choices are but I am going to ask a legit question. I can't think of a coach that left the game for years and came back to lead a team to a championship. I remember watching a program about that and how difficult it is for a HC to come back after being away from the game for a long period of time. Something about the game changing so quickly and not being there to adapt.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Firstly - I'm not calling anyone out for a low post-count.

    I just thought it was funny that the first two responses were from people who don't post often.

    I'm concerned with what people write, not how often they write.


    Randy, thank you.

    I'm calming down a bit in regards to DA.

    I'm mostly concerned that the Raiders stick with Dennis Allen - who is, in fact, incompetent - for another year, putting the rebuilding process back a year or two.
    I don't know about his competence, I have never conversed with the guy and have no idea what he know does not know. What I do know is I stumbled my first year on the job, most of us do in some capacity or another.

    Every other coach the guy has worked for has said they knew he would be a head coach in the league some day. He cam to us very highly regarded from every other coach in every other organization he worked for.

    Is he over his head here? He could be, it seems as if not a head coach here he was destined to be one some place else at some point. Was it too early could he have learned more still being an assistant other places? That's another one I don't have the answer to.

    What I do know is our players do not execute plays for squat at least eighty percent of the time. Some plays opposing receivers are running free with no one in ten yards of them. Is that Allens fault? Are bonehead penalties Allens fault? How about under thrown passes to the inside right to a DB, is that one on Allen? How about guys that can't tackle on the D side of the ball, do you think Allen does not want those plays to be made?

    I see some mistakes all over the place, yes some of the stuff is on the coaching staff but the plays out on the field is on the players. This team has about a dozen or so guys I would consider true players in this league. The rest would be backups or not in the league all together.

    This team runs a bunch of scrubs and second unit guys out as starters. We need better football players or the coach won't matter one way or the other imo.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,382
    vCash
    1500
    Tom Landry didn't have a winning record until his 7th year in the league. Bill Walsh won 8 games his first two years. Bill Belichick needed 4 years to have a winning record.

    Sometimes, it takes time.

    But jeez, we suck.

    -Stork

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    Gruden, Cowher, Mora, LeBeau, Edwards. I'm not going to get into just how schitty 4 of your 5 choices are but I am going to ask a legit question. I can't think of a coach that left the game for years and came back to lead a team to a championship. I remember watching a program about that and how difficult it is for a HC to come back after being away from the game for a long period of time. Something about the game changing so quickly and not being there to adapt.
    Vermil, but a guy like Gruden has been around the game and can be plugged right in
    [

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •