Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    We all had a hard on chubby for dee gordon. He was the one bright spot in about 3 years of 0 signings of international players and crap drafting by logan white.But he wasnt has good nor is potential is as great as we all want it to be

vCash

Dee Gordon on Trading Block

A few of us called this a while back. It's about time. He is a non hitting defensive liability we don't need.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    That's sad. Not even a full season. He has so much potential. He scares the crap out of teams when he gets on base. Damn. I'm bummed out if he gets traded.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    get rid of him. hes garbage.

vCash
    I think its funny that several people have stated that we were in 1st place while Dee was in the lineup. Although that statement is true, you can't make it seem it was because of Dee. Did you guys forget the great start from Harang and Capuano. Both Kemp and Ethier were hitting the sh it out of the ball. It was a group effort, and actually Dee was the one bringing us down prior to his injury. I for one love his speed, and love that he brings something different to the table, that no other Dodger has done in some time. But if you can't field and hit at the top of the lineup with consistency, then it's time to move on. The new owners want to win now, not tomorrow.

DEDICATED TO DWIGHT HOWARD

vCash
    what about Asdrubal Cabrera? I read that he's a potential trade candidate for the Indians.
    Gordon - Cabrera 1-1 trade is unlikey but Gordon and something else could be a good trade for both parties.
    Indians get a young speedy lead off hitter who is under control and affordable for years to come. But they're certainly going to want good young pitchers in return, as well.

We get an above average SS who is a great all around player.
    27 years old with a Great Glove to take over SS.

vCash
    Dee did get a chance to prove himself. The Dodgers made him their everyday SS and leadoff hitter at the start of the 2011 season, but then he was dropped to the #8 spot in the lineup and he was leading the league in errors. Dee still would have lost his job sooner or later regardless of his stint on the DL. The Dodgers are a different organization now that doesn't have to settle for mediocre players. If they can package Dee in a trade for a good player that will benefit the team I'm all in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    what about Asdrubal Cabrera? I read that he's a potential trade candidate for the Indians.
    Gordon - Cabrera 1-1 trade is unlikey but Gordon and something else could be a good trade for both parties.
    Indians get a young speedy lead off hitter who is under control and affordable for years to come. But they're certainly going to want good young pitchers in return, as well.

We get an above average SS who is a great all around player.
    27 years old with a Great Glove to take over SS.
    Package deal:

Asdrubal and Carlos Santana

for

Every prospect we have + Dee Gordon
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    I brought these stats up last month, and I will bring them up again because of the theme of this post....

These are based on at least 300 PA's in 2012

BA .228-27th in MLB (last in NL)
    OBP .280-26th in MLB (3rd worst in NL)
    OPS .561-30th in MLB (last in NL)
    Walks-Averaged a walk every 15 AB's (as a leadoff hitter no less)
    Strikeouts-Averaged a strikeout once in less than every 5 AB's
    His strikeout to walk ratio was 4:1 THE WRONG WAY
    Caught Stealing one out of every 3 attempts (65% success rate is TERRIBLE for a base stealer)
    12 TOTAL extra base hits in over 300 AB's

....not enuff for you, let's see how he did with the glove:

His 18 errors tied for 4th worst in all of MLB (in half as many games as anyone else)
    His .946 fielding pctg was BY FAR the worst in all of MLB
    He averaged an error every 4 games

Would I just dump Dee for nothing? Of course not, but I have said it before I will say it again, he has NO idea how to play this game right now. He is a one tool player, and will not and does not even learn how to use that one tool, his speed....so if someone can see some potential in those statistics, let me know, because I don't.....as I said above, I personally think he has no clue how to play the game of baseball at this level.

vCash
    Well put. I hope LAsportsfan reads this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush:24569085
    Well put. I hope LAsportsfan reads this
    He still loves Loney up to this day... so yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Yep we can judge him off 3 months play lol, good job guys, good job, like I said earlier in the thread I'm done with this thread, you know my feeling clearly

vCash
    It's not a dream come true, it's just the new-era of Dodger baseball. I love it. Gordon is not the future at SS. Where is Derek Brink to blow smoke up the ***** of all the Dodger prospects to make them out to future studs? Dee is a defensive liability, and when your offense is struggling, you can't afford to keep a guy in the infield who forces our pitchers to make 4 outs an inning. The guy can't bunt, cant get on base, cant field.....so why keep him around? Does the name Jose Offerman ring a bell? Cruz played great for us as be played quality defense and had some clutch hits. Is he the future at 3B? Probably not. I wouldnt be surprised if we bring in Youkilis at the last minute after the pitching issue has been solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlueMike View Post
    I brought these stats up last month, and I will bring them up again because of the theme of this post....

These are based on at least 300 PA's in 2012

BA .228-27th in MLB (last in NL)
    OBP .280-26th in MLB (3rd worst in NL)
    OPS .561-30th in MLB (last in NL)
    Walks-Averaged a walk every 15 AB's (as a leadoff hitter no less)
    Strikeouts-Averaged a strikeout once in less than every 5 AB's
    His strikeout to walk ratio was 4:1 THE WRONG WAY
    Caught Stealing one out of every 3 attempts (65% success rate is TERRIBLE for a base stealer)
    12 TOTAL extra base hits in over 300 AB's

....not enuff for you, let's see how he did with the glove:

His 18 errors tied for 4th worst in all of MLB (in half as many games as anyone else)
    His .946 fielding pctg was BY FAR the worst in all of MLB
    He averaged an error every 4 games

Would I just dump Dee for nothing? Of course not, but I have said it before I will say it again, he has NO idea how to play this game right now. He is a one tool player, and will not and does not even learn how to use that one tool, his speed....so if someone can see some potential in those statistics, let me know, because I don't.....as I said above, I personally think he has no clue how to play the game of baseball at this level.

Brilliant post. I have said it plenty if times here, the guy needs 1-2 years at AAA before he is brought up again

Yes - kid 1996 will have a fit I over this (its a small sample - he didn't get enough play time) but the facts are the facts. He ha a chance, failed miserably and lost his job, rightfully so.

Trade him in a package for some real talent.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Dee Gordon is Jose Offerman part 2.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast