Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dee Gordon on Trading Block

The Dodgers are letting teams know that shortstop Dee Gordon is available, tweets Bob Nightengale of the USA Today. Gordon could represent a fallback option for teams who lose out on Stephen Drew.
    source:https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...60533056745473

for all the dee gordon haters its a dream come true,

i would have liked to see what he can do in a full season

i like cruz but dont think he's the answer at 3rd. dont get me wrong i like what he did last year but its a long shot for him to duplicate what he did last year

and i did NOT want to see hanley playing SS at all

lets see where all this goes

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Two years to late

vCash
    Don't trade him mother****ers
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Yeah let's trade what was once our best prospect without giving him a full season!!!!

vCash
    lol. Again, I called this a while back. He has nowhere to play right now on our team. I just hope if we trade him its as part of a package for an ace because his value would go up to sweeten a deal for an ace pitcher compared to trading him straight up for some other player. I think most here would have to agree if Dee helped net us an ace, that would be worthwhile. Just dont trade him for nothing.

vCash
    We're really gonna trade Dee Gordon our top prospect 2 years ago, because Luis Cruz had a good 2 months? Come on people, let's get real, Dee will be starting if not next year at some point the year after I'm 100%
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Trade his ***

vCash
    Cause he's clearly garbage with all that playing time to show us
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    We're really gonna trade Dee Gordon our top prospect 2 years ago, because Luis Cruz had a good 2 months? Come on people, let's get real, Dee will be starting if not next year at some point the year after I'm 100%
    agreed its stupid IMO!

if he doesnt get traded i hope that would be the case but i guess management wants hanley at SS

dont get me wrong i LOVE hanley but he doesnt belong anywhere near SS

ppl **** on dee's errors but u can blame that on inexperience and him being a rookie, but whats hanley's excuse? he doesnt have any, he's just not a very good fielder.

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Well I can see some are obviously irritated at this news, but if he helps us net a legit ace, I am all for it. I just dont see him as having a lot of value right now considering the season he had last year if we try to trade him straight up for someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Well I can see some are obviously irritated at this news, but if he helps us net a legit ace, I am all for it. I just dont see him as having a lot of value right now considering the season he had last year if we try to trade him straight up for someone else.
    im cool with trading him for an ace, but which ones are actually available?

and it'd be better if we got someone to play SS to keep hanley at 3rd

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Defensively Dee was worse than Hanley and in fact was the worst SS defensively in the NL. I know he is young but his defense will only improve so much. I think even when he hits his peak years, he wont be dramatically better than Hanley at SS. Price is available as the Rays are money lagging right now and his arbitration is due to kick in next season I believe where he is going to start to get paid bigger salaries so it might be worth it to kick around trying to include Dee in a package deal for an ace. The LA times article a couple days ago said, we are in the market for an ace or maybe even two both through free agency and the trade market so I will bet we are going to hear more about big deals being kicked around for various aces. Who knows honestly but ive always thought Gordon would be gone at some point this offseason after Cruz basically rapped him in every stat next to stolen bases. Say what you will about Cruz's likely regression but the dude earned himself the starting job next season unless we sign a better 3rd baseman. I still think Cruz will hit well for us. He really looked like he found his swing last season. Who knows though. Thats why we watch baseball.

vCash
    You only trade Gordon now if you don't believe he will hit in AAA next year. If you did then you let him hit .325 and steal 40 bases by July and use him to net you a player of need by the deadline.

vCash
    Cruz had a good 2 months after doing nothing in pro baseball before that, give me a ****ing break, he may earn the right to start next season, but he's hasn't earned much security...

And it's not like Dee Gordon is gonna net us an ace anyways, he's simply not enough to get a big deal done, therefore trading him is crazy
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Just because he's on the block does not mean he'll get traded. It can be just to see what teams will offer. So maybe in July if he has a good year in AAA we know the type of return he can bring.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast