Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Talking Lebron and Durant as MVP front runners is not talking foolish. Melo is playing some top notch basketball right now. I do think he is MVP material but I rank him 3rd behind those other 2 guys. Those 2 dudes are legit.
    You do know that Lebron plays with Wade and Bosh right?? And you do know that Durant is playing with Westbrook and Kevin Martin who is a better 3rd option than anyone on our team right?? Who's Melo playing with?? Who's the number 2 option on the Knicks this season so far?? Melo is 2nd in the league in scoring but per 48 he leads the league. Dude is beasting!! No one has a chance to guard him.. Got to hope he's off. Lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    You do know that Lebron plays with Wade and Bosh right?? And you do know that Durant is playing with Westbrook and Kevin Martin who is a better 3rd option than anyone on our team right?? Who's Melo playing with?? Who's the number 2 option on the Knicks this season so far?? Melo is 2nd in the league in scoring but per 48 he leads the league. Dude is beasting!! No one has a chance to guard him.. Got to hope he's off. Lol!
    Well put, fans miss this often, Melo is playing sometimes as a solo act and still putting up 34.

Its not has hard to put up 25 when Wade has to be guarded and Bosh is playing extremely well this year.

Okla has many more weapons than just Westbrook and Martin, those bigs are pretty damn good you know.

I'm not much into the personal honors, I'm more a team oriented guy but I'll say as of today Melo is MVP and its not close right now.

Lets put it this way, melo gets 34 last game with no Camby, Sheed, Amare, Iman and Kidd.

Melo gets 34 last game with our second option shooting 1-11. Melo got 34 and had 5 assists and caused 4 other assists and grabbed 5 boards, got 2 blocks and steals. And dove all over the place.

With all the attention he gets and demands and the output he produces and the 12-4 record, he's outstanding.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Anthony is top 15 in efficiency rating this season. Hopefully he can catch up to superstars such as David Lee.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Anthony is top 15 in efficiency rating this season. Hopefully he can catch up to superstars such as David Lee.
    I have a very strong suggestion change your thread and stop baiting and you may be able to post again.

Just a suggestion though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I have a very strong suggestion change your thread and stop baiting and you may be able to post again.

Just a suggestion though!
    Or, or...... you can ban him
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    now mr nets fan, let me answer your lack of depth post.

Eff means what exactly, you want to measure anything how about PER?

Why did you not go there? Oh Lee is 71st lol, you really need to stop, I'm not joking at all.

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Come on now, how can you expect anything less from a guy who goes to the Nyets forum and posts about how he wants to root for the Nyets???
    Last edited by Anji; 12-03-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Melo is 7 in player player efficiency rating this year

DLee is not in the top 20

vCash
    Melo won't win MVP as long as Durant and LeBron exist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Melo won't win MVP as long as Durant and LeBron exist
    I don't think thats true. Random guys always win it. Its not always the best player(s) in the league. Look at Dirk, look at Rose, look at Nash. Its always the best player on the surprise or 'sexy' team for the year. If Knicks approach 55-60 wins, we will be the sexy team this year.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think thats true. Random guys always win it. Its not always the best player(s) in the league. Look at Dirk, look at Rose, look at Nash. Its always the best player on the surprise or 'sexy' team for the year. If Knicks approach 55-60 wins, we will be the sexy team this year.
    Were the HEAT the sexy team last season?

Durant is going to win the MVP before Melo.
    I can't see Melo getting serious votes over the two unless we are the 2nd seed and win our division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Were the HEAT the sexy team last season?

Durant is going to win the MVP before Melo.
    I can't see Melo getting serious votes over the two unless we are the 2nd seed and win our division.
    Thats looking like it has a great chance of being reality.

And last year there wasn't really a surprise team. Everyone predicted OKC-Heat final. Boston and SAS are about as unsexy as it gets. This year there are a few teams that could break into the elite, and we are looking like the surest bet along with the Grizz (and Nets? ). Grizz and Nets are built on team and don't really have a bonafide unanimous #1 playing MVP caliber ball.

Durant looks like he might suffer the Kobe treatment. I mean he's already put up beastly stats and won 60 games, so how do you out-do that? Everyone expects OKC to win 60 and Durant to drop 30, so its tough to really sway the voters.

I mean Kobe only has 1 MVP, that says all you really need to know about the MVP selection process. Its a beauty contest, all about the sexy pick, not the best player. It's always been that way.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I know who they play with. Bottom line... Lebron and KD are better players than Melo. I love Melo with all of my heart and I think that he is playing great basketball right now. I still rate him behind those 2 guys though. Im rooting for Melo to win it and I'll be chanting M-V-P everytime in the Garden for him but unless we end up winning the East and getting the best record in the East I dont see him winning it. He's beasting without a doubt but its a lot harder to score when you do have guys like Westbrook, Wade, and Bosh on your team. Your shot attempts go down when you have guys like that and Melo's shot attempts will go down when Amare goes down. If Melo keeps this up for a whole season, especially when Amare comes back then we can revisit this but those 2 guys are clear cut favorites to win the MVP ahead of Melo. I dont care if Melo, Lebron, or Durant with the MVP... all I care about is who wins at the end of the season. MVP's are gravy.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well put, fans miss this often, Melo is playing sometimes as a solo act and still putting up 34.

Its not has hard to put up 25 when Wade has to be guarded and Bosh is playing extremely well this year.

Okla has many more weapons than just Westbrook and Martin, those bigs are pretty damn good you know.

I'm not much into the personal honors, I'm more a team oriented guy but I'll say as of today Melo is MVP and its not close right now.

Lets put it this way, melo gets 34 last game with no Camby, Sheed, Amare, Iman and Kidd.

Melo gets 34 last game with our second option shooting 1-11. Melo got 34 and had 5 assists and caused 4 other assists and grabbed 5 boards, got 2 blocks and steals. And dove all over the place.

With all the attention he gets and demands and the output he produces and the 12-4 record, he's outstanding.
    Its also very hard to score a lot of points when you have guys like Wade and Bosh are on your team... I cant believe Im actually sticking up for Lebron right now . Same thing with KD. Westbrook is a ball hog. Please see my post above.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Good thing it's not the best player award but the most valuable.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast