Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Don't care about MVP as long as he is ballin and we are winning screw all the analysts and bs. I just want to see us striving to be #1 in the East and the accolades will come. Funny how perceptions change because I really don't think Melo is playing different than ever before. The biggest change in his advanced stats is due to his 3 point shooting efficiency and I've seen him play very good defense before and perhaps better when he first came over from the Nuggets he played great D the rest of that year and at times with the Nuggets (especially the year the went to the ECF). His assist numbers and % are down, rebounding is career average, and his defensive metrics are about par for the course for his career (and because he has had to have so many mismatches guarding 4's at one point he was statistically the worst isolation defender in the league). People saying he is passing more and doing this or doing that have just made this up in their head - usage is at an all time high and he is doing what he does best... score.

Perceptions become reality to most and Melo has always been great but some people just don't want to give him his due. Better yet people would rather say Melo has changed than admit they were wrong. The same people saying Melo has changed will be the same ones yelling no more iso and he is a ball stopper and you can't win with him - if we don't beat the Heat. If they say he has changed it means they can say he went back and regardless of his performance people's perceptions of individual performance are altered by the letters W and L.

vCash

Carmelo,,,has been awesome....

Melo is definitely number 1 as far as MVP....

He has had a perfect season this year,.,,he does it all,,,,

He has always been very good,,,this year reminds me of the Syracuse Year
    where he controlled the game and turned it on whenever he pleased.

vCash
    Kevin love is better wish we had him lol. I had people on the board send me messages askin me if i rellly thought Melo is better then love. I said i dont think Melo is better i think he is in a diffrent world then love. Feels good to be right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Don't care about MVP as long as he is ballin and we are winning screw all the analysts and bs. I just want to see us striving to be #1 in the East and the accolades will come. Funny how perceptions change because I really don't think Melo is playing different than ever before. The biggest change in his advanced stats is due to his 3 point shooting efficiency and I've seen him play very good defense before and perhaps better when he first came over from the Nuggets he played great D the rest of that year and at times with the Nuggets (especially the year the went to the ECF). His assist numbers and % are down, rebounding is career average, and his defensive metrics are about par for the course for his career (and because he has had to have so many mismatches guarding 4's at one point he was statistically the worst isolation defender in the league). People saying he is passing more and doing this or doing that have just made this up in their head - usage is at an all time high and he is doing what he does best... score.

Perceptions become reality to most and Melo has always been great but some people just don't want to give him his due. Better yet people would rather say Melo has changed than admit they were wrong. The same people saying Melo has changed will be the same ones yelling no more iso and he is a ball stopper and you can't win with him - if we don't beat the Heat. If they say he has changed it means they can say he went back and regardless of his performance people's perceptions of individual performance are altered by the letters W and L.
    This

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Kevin love is better wish we had him lol. I had people on the board send me messages askin me if i rellly thought Melo is better then love. I said i dont think Melo is better i think he is in a diffrent world then love. Feels good to be right
    Yeah, i remember seeing Kashimere & another guy talking that sheet in the NBA thread last season.
    * sniff*

No so much this year.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Yeah, i remember seeing Kashimere & another guy talking that sheet in the NBA thread last season.
    * sniff*

No so much this year.
    one of them is a knicks fan and it aint kash lmao Kevin love over melo

vCash
    The Beast is Beasting!!

vCash
    We could win with him averaging similar stats to lbj like assists , steals , rebounds and points but bc the world sees him as a scorer and his rep is bigger than the facts he'll ever get MVP as long as he's a knick ..always be some BS.

But dudes playing great ..1 thing what's the pointing at the head taunt type thing he keeps doing lol ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post

I lol all the time when I hear this is the best Melo has ever played. Absolutely not. Hell he played better at the end of last year, but that wasn't the best he's ever played either. Like I said before training camp here, even without Amare this is the best fitting team around Melo in the NBA....even over the 2008-9 team that probably was the 2nd best team in the league after the Champion Lakers. And in large Woodson has implemented a system offensively that features him well and a defensive system with principles that he never had in Denver (they didn't have an offensive system either, other than a fastbreaking/isolation/7 seconds and fly bullcrap).

The best thing Karl ever did, was make Carmelo establish himself in the post (even though they couldn't spread the floor around him). He's always been able to read doubles and move it around and he always has....but when you don't have the teammates to take advantage, you have to force it sometimes. That's why teams need a star, plenty of guys can score in a system, but stars are there to make guys better and also to carry you when the team gameplan isn't working. But as posted above, Carmelo is currently averaging a career low in assists, and is his most unselfish ever as perceived by the media. He's always been unselfish and always has gotten hockey assists, but this year he has a lot of good reasons to have full trust in his teammates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NANDOKNICK View Post
    Melo is definitely number 1 as far as MVP....

He has had a perfect season this year,.,,he does it all,,,,

He has always been very good,,,this year reminds me of the Syracuse Year
    where he controlled the game and turned it on whenever he pleased.
    WAit ZBO isn't...
    Number 1...
    For MVP....
    You always hated on Melo....
    Now you love him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Melo just named player of the week!!

vCash
    Carmelo seems more confident out there on the court. He's letting the game come to him, very seldom you see him try to force the action. He's playing with a certain focus this year....Knicks are in a very good position as a result right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    In the NBA forum they talking about Lebron and Durant. Both of those players are playing with healthy teams. We've had a number of injuries and are right at the top and that's because Melo is playing out of his mind! Stupid posters in the NBA forum talking all sorts of foolishnes.
    Talking Lebron and Durant as MVP front runners is not talking foolish. Melo is playing some top notch basketball right now. I do think he is MVP material but I rank him 3rd behind those other 2 guys. Those 2 dudes are legit.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    diving on the floor multiple times, into the crowd, passing out of double and triples and getting no stats because we move the ball again.

this guy has been a beast, I mean a beast of the east...........hope it continues the rest of his career.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    diving on the floor multiple times, into the crowd, passing out of double and triples and getting no stats because we move the ball again.

this guy has been a beast, I mean a beast of the east...........hope it continues the rest of his career.
    Thank you for saying this, he moves the ball out of the triple team, to JKidd or Prigs, who swings the ball to the open man then scores on the 3.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast