Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    when he stops turning the ball over we can talk about being the first option

vCash
    If he's active and works to get the ball like he has the past couple of games, sure he can get 15 shots up.
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Kobe said something interesting post-game. He talked about how he and Dwight are getting used to one another. What would have been a turnover is becoming an alley-oop. I also thought that Dwight protected the ball better when he got it in the paint.

I completely agree that we have no chance to win if Dwight doesn't get at least 15 shots.
    I made this same point last night, and it bears repeating -- particularly to people who think we already know what's right or wrong with this team. Nash has now played (I think) 13 actual games with these guys. Howard has played maybe a half seasons, but for the majority of that his body hasn't been right. (And Kobe was clearly taking the majority of shots without looking to feed Howard.)

Again, it takes a year for most teams to really get comfortable with each other and to know where everybody's going to be on the floor, and we're barely a month or two into that process with our core players. Until Pau is back and Blake is back and everybody settles into some kind of semblance of a regular rotation we're just not going to know what the ceiling is for these guys. But I'm really curious to find out.

vCash
    I got two names for you

Tyler Zeller
    Larry Sanders

that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I got two names for you

Tyler Zeller
    Larry Sanders

that is all
    Yea, 2 defenders that he had problems with at cleveland. I'd say he improved, wouldn't you?
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8kobe24 View Post
    Yea, 2 defenders that he had problems with at cleveland. I'd say he improved, wouldn't you?
    only zeller plays for cleveland and Varajeao covered him during the game you speak of. And not to demotivate but he put up 19/20 against Varajeao and 22/14 against Zeller... two of his better games this year...

Howards great but i wouldn't read to much into these last two games

vCash
    I agree about not putting to much weight on the last 2 games.

What I am more concerned about is if Dwight and Kobe can be a consistent anchor for this Lakers team. If they can all the other production from the team is a nice incentive. On to the next game.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    I agree about not putting to much weight on the last 2 games.

What I am more concerned about is if Dwight and Kobe can be a consistent anchor for this Lakers team. If they can all the other production from the team is a nice incentive. On to the next game.

I agree, but we still need to move Pau for pieces if we are gonna go anywhere

vCash
    Problem is Dwight isn't a post player. so its hard for him score him self without an assist. Even offence reb most you'll get is 3 basketball per game from it.

vCash
    Howard 15+ Shots a game? heck I think they would give him 50+ a game if
    he's open and does not have to drillble the ball as he gets stripped more than Gypsy Rose Lee
    Catch and dunk should be his game then Superman can stay his Name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I agree, but we still need to move Pau for pieces if we are gonna go anywhere
    I could not agree more. A lot of Lakers fans always thought it was a bad idea to move Pau. I have been on board to move him after the Dallas series. I am just hoping they can get something valuable in return. Maybe the wolves or Raptors will budge if Jim buss is willing to deal. He did recently say he loves Pau Gasol so not sure if he gets moved.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    60+ % of those shots have to be facilitated/assisted by Nash and Kobe if he is up against a decent matchup and defense. He has no post game and if he manages to squeeze past a defender they'll just hack him. We all know he can't hit freethrows. Most of his baskets have to be very open for him to be very efficient.

vCash
    I agree with OP .. Would also be cool to trade gasol for a young backup center.
    Maybe Gasol+Ebanks For Javale Mcgee+Anthony Randolph.

Nash/Morris/Duhon
    KB24/Meeks/Duhon
    MWP/Jamison/Clark
    Clark/Anthony Randolph
    D12/Mcgee/Sacre
    :c

vCash
    Said it many times Howard is the key. Lakers better learn how to use Howard and Pau quick it they want to be in the race.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12