Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dwight (D12) needs 15 shots + every game for a title run

Most Lakers fans know this team up and down and I have been following the Lakers since 1989. You can see during the season if a Lakers team is a championship team or not. The Lakers went to the Finals with Pau mid season with just one move.

Kobe and Shaq were unstoppable in their run but took Kobe a year or so to be himself.

This current Lakers team does not look like a championship team yet. They have had some games where they looked good for example Denver and Dallas games. Dwight Howard needs 15 shots a game or more if they want to get to the next level. You can see what happens when you feed him the ball and he is over 50% FG's right now. Everyone else on the team will in turn get easy shots such as Jamison and Meeks. Kobe should stay between 10-15 shots max and I think Jamison needs 10 shots a game or more if he is on.

I hate the fact the Jordan Hill does not get his minutes right now and don't think he should be involved in any trade discussions. He can give you the same stats Pau will on this Lakers team period. That is not to say Pau cannot be the main option on another team in which case you take Pau. We need Defense and toughness right now. I am on the side of trading Pau and do not believe Nash will revitalize his career at this point. I am on board to get Ryan Anderson or other quality players for him at this time.

I just hope Kobe understands that Dwight needs to be the guy right now and in the playoffs. As much as I like Kobe other teams are glad to see him play hero ball all game. I don't mind that play at the end of the game when we need it. Also cannot blame Kobe if the guys are being passive either. The guys should have an expectation to play a certain way every night no matter who they play.

Cannot really judge the Lakers fully yet until Nash comes back , but that means I am only judging Nash and what he brings. I will not hang my hat on Pau playing better due to his return.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Swift Game; 12-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Try 20-22 shots...... He shoots free-throws too badly to get only 15 field goal attempts per game
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Try 20-22 shots...... He shoots free-throws too badly to get only 15 field goal attempts per game
    I agree he needs more shots than anyone, but you have Nash, Kobe and hopefully Ryan Anderson that need shots as well.

Some of his shots are on offensive rebounds as well so he is actually getting less shots that the #'s show.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    nah he doesn't ... tbh idc if he takes any shots a game... he just has to play that amazing defense and gobble up every rebound, that is most important ... any offense is extra

vCash
    We need to get him involved early. This way in the 4th we can have Kobe, Pau and Nash close it out

vCash
    Nash isnt even around............. Forget about Nash
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    If you include in the count the number of times he goes up for a shot only for him to get fouled, he indeed gets at least 15 shots per game on most games we've played thus far.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Agreed. Did you see Dwight's stats at halftime on Friday night? He had like 16 points and 10+ rebounds on 8-10 shots. So if he stays consistent which is very possible he should be at 25ppg, 13rpg, 3 blocks a game.

He should be the horse on this team so Kobe can stay fresh come playoff time.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Nash isnt even around............. Forget about Nash
    Nash will look like a different player with D'antoni coaching. Meaning he will let him QB the offense like Peyton Manning. Nash is also a great shooter and do not forget he can create his own shots.

I am hoping Nash will create Havoc running in an out of the paint to free up Dwight/Kobe/Jamison/Meeks and Pau or Ryan Anderson
    [/IMG]

vCash
    thanks for putting (d12) in parenthesis. had no idea who you were talking about when you said dwight lol.

all kidding aside, he's gonna be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    nah he doesn't ... tbh idc if he takes any shots a game... he just has to play that amazing defense and gobble up every rebound, that is most important ... any offense is extra
    I started this thread in Early December and my theory about force feeding Dwight the ball makes sense. He is shooting over 50% right now and they more importantly won two games in a row getting Dwight the ball. And to say he does not need to take any shots you must be one of the most uneducated NBA fans I have come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    If you include in the count the number of times he goes up for a shot only for him to get fouled, he indeed gets at least 15 shots per game on most games we've played thus far.
    Again, bro look at the last 2 games and some others. He is getting more consistent with the opportunities he does get now. Kobe also staying under 20 shots and shooting a high percentage makes the team a whole lot better. This formula will cover some of their transition defensive lapses.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Dwight getting 15 shots + is the key to getting in the playoffs and making some noise.. The offense should start with him going in then out.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    IAgain, bro look at the last 2 games and some others. He is getting more consistent with the opportunities he does get now.
    ^^ Indeed Dwight is getting more opportunities to score now... off-ball... off lobs most of the time. But that doesn't mean he didn't get enough opportunities (touches) back then which could've resulted to your minimum requirement of "15 shots".

Kobe also staying under 20 shots and shooting a high percentage makes the team a whole lot better. This formula will cover some of their transition defensive lapses.
    ^^ Wrong. The team's playing defense with effort and energy thus the wins.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    I BELIEVE!!!!!!!

..... Ooooh wrong thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Kobe said something interesting post-game. He talked about how he and Dwight are getting used to one another. What would have been a turnover is becoming an alley-oop. I also thought that Dwight protected the ball better when he got it in the paint.

I completely agree that we have no chance to win if Dwight doesn't get at least 15 shots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast