Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Ask yourself this..

Would you rather pay Wallace or Jennings, or keep a injury riddled Jake long. That's the decision your basically making.

Cant forget Randy Starks too, I would pay him before paying long any day of the week.
    If you don't sign long your looking at 40m to play with. Can sign both a WR and Long.

Starks has been on the down the past six games or so, still rather him walk. Move Odrick over and draft one of the ends high.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    I'd rather have Jake long than Jennings or Wallace.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I'd rather have Jake long than Jennings or Wallace.
    Jennings is been hurt alot and is on a down slope, and Wallace has played horrid this season. Bowe has always dropped ATON of passes as well.

All three are not very good, I still would offer them cheep deals and see who signs.

vCash
    Don't see us spending any big money on the offensive side of the ball in FA period. I don't see big money being invested into the offensive line and Long's body doesn't seem to be holding well enough to warrant that kind of money anyway.

Jennings is probably making good money from his endorsements so maybe he will want to play in Miami for a cheaper deal (maybe the market won't be all that high for him anyway)...... If Philbin even wants him. If Philbin does want Jennings I think the question becomes how much more expensive will he be than Hartline and how much of an upgrade would that be? Hartline is cheaper, younger, healthier, and has a yr of exp with Tannehill so..... But I suppose that if Philbin does want Jennings there is the very slim chance we could sign both. After all, Tannehill could use the weapons. Doubt it though.

p.s. I expect someone will offer Wallace a deal of $8-10 million a year. I would not expect that team to be Miami. Just feel like Miami would rather draft and groom their own WR's

vCash
    well we can take that "jake long money" and give it to ryan clady(broncos will tag him then work out a deal to be safe, but theres a couple other real good linemen that are projected to be FA...

mike wallace hasnt been good this year bc hes in todd haleys dink and dunk ******** offense, but that plays in our favor(money wise)

bowe does drop some passes but demands a double team all the time, jennings had a hernia repaired that he was trying to play through...so i wouldnt call that being injured "a lot"..

brent grimes is a FA too, that would help our CB position but hes coming off a season ending injury and CBs demand a lot of money in FA, but tracy porter would be an upgrade and cheaper

i think letting odrick move to DT would be very benefical for the team, cap wise and skill wise and we can try to sign avril, bc wake and avril is very very dangerous duo, especially with solia and odrick up the middle..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    So you don't want to pay him $6-$7 million, but you want to throw a franchise tag on him that will pay him $15 million. Once you throw that tag on him your stuck with him. No one will trade for him if you tag him.
    Tagging a player doesn't mean they wont be traded. Two tagged players traded in recent years are Matt Cassel (New England Patriots to Kansas City Chiefs) and Jared Allen (Kansas City Chiefs to Minnesota Vikings). So why cant the Dolphins tag Long and trade him?

vCash
    Because it's doubtful anyone would pay Long the contract he wants AND fork over the draft picks. Long isn't going to accept a contract from Miami or a team looking to trade for him once tagged if it isn't more appealing than the $15 million plus he would receive for a single year under the tag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trex44 View Post
    Don't see us spending any big money on the offensive side of the ball in FA period. I don't see big money being invested into the offensive line and Long's body doesn't seem to be holding well enough to warrant that kind of money anyway.

Jennings is probably making good money from his endorsements so maybe he will want to play in Miami for a cheaper deal (maybe the market won't be all that high for him anyway)...... If Philbin even wants him. If Philbin does want Jennings I think the question becomes how much more expensive will he be than Hartline and how much of an upgrade would that be? Hartline is cheaper, younger, healthier, and has a yr of exp with Tannehill so..... But I suppose that if Philbin does want Jennings there is the very slim chance we could sign both. After all, Tannehill could use the weapons. Doubt it though.

p.s. I expect someone will offer Wallace a deal of $8-10 million a year. I would not expect that team to be Miami. Just feel like Miami would rather draft and groom their own WR's
    i expect Miami would rather draft and groom their own WR's but they need 2 WR's and getting one in FA would open up a high draft pick to a different position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    Tagging a player doesn't mean they wont be traded. Two tagged players traded in recent years are Matt Cassel (New England Patriots to Kansas City Chiefs) and Jared Allen (Kansas City Chiefs to Minnesota Vikings). So why cant the Dolphins tag Long and trade him?
    New rules on the tag make it so the team who trades for them can not talk a new deal till the season is over. So its like a 15M one year rental, not going to get much intrest. At best your looking at like a late round pick.

A team source tells the Palm Beach Post re-signing LT Jake Long will be a "top priority" for the Dolphins this offseason.
    The developing consensus has been that Long's days in Miami are numbered, but the Dolphins will reportedly have upwards of $50 million in cap space this offseason. Using the franchise tag on Long would cost $15.4 million, while any long-term deal would likely have to include in the neighborhood of $40 million guaranteed. Long's play has slipped the past two seasons as injuries have inhibited his range of motion, but he'll still be only 28 in 2013. How rookie Jonathan Martin fares in his absence over the next month could be critical to Long's Miami future.
    roto

vCash
    alot of people keep naming high profile receivers to come here like Bowe, Jennings, and Wallace but Wes Welker remains one of my fave guys that might hit the market. feel him and Keenan Allen would be a great get and he would help Allen alot. the price would be cheaper as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    New rules on the tag make it so the team who trades for them can not talk a new deal till the season is over. So its like a 15M one year rental, not going to get much intrest. At best your looking at like a late round pick.

roto
    good news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    alot of people keep naming high profile receivers to come here like Bowe, Jennings, and Wallace but Wes Welker remains one of my fave guys that might hit the market. feel him and Keenan Allen would be a great get and he would help Allen alot. the price would be cheaper as well
    Because a 32 year old slot WR helps this team out how?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Because a 32 year old slot WR helps this team out how?
    a 4 WR set of Bess,Hartline,Welker,Allen would be awesome. Welker is an elite route runner and gets open. Allen would be the # 1. be a very difficult WR group to slow down. he may be 32 but he is still elite and will be for several more years. think of it this way every Dolphins fan loves Bess. i love Bess. he is considered the 2nd best slot depending on who you consider slots. Welker first. the gap between Welker and Bess is huge. this offense isnt built around a #1 its built around guys that can get open and even with that said we would still have the #1
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 12-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    not gonna lie, I think Welker really would help big time. I think Tannehill would need to progress quickly to use him properly, especially on 3rd downs, but I think Welker would be a perfect piece to this offense....as long as Tannehill understand how and when to throw him the ball. Not making pre snap decisions and throwing the ball there just cuz its 3rd down just like he did last week vs. NE to Bess a few times. Not even open and hes just throwing the ball in his direction. One of the few things I will say I want to see Tanny get better at by next year.

vCash
    As much as I also think Welker would drastically improve our offense, I also think we do not need 2 slot WR on the team. I would rather keep Bess and use any money that would have went towards Welker and try and sign Wallace/Bowe/Jennings and resign Hartline. But there is no doubt we have to use one of our first 3 picks in the draft on another WR as well.

I really think that if one of the top 5 tackles in the draft fell to our first pick in the 2nd rd, I would not hesitate to grab them over a WR. TBH, I do hope we can resign Long to a reasonable deal and lock up our O-line to focus on other needs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast