Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    ive been wrong many times to. Ted Ginn,Dez Bryant,Pouncey,Mallett?,Dalton. sports illustrated magazine got me interested in following rg3 early in his career. i fell in love quickly lol
    I knew RGIII would succeed early, but my main problem with him would be long term health. He simply runs too much! If RGIII wants a long and successful career, he needs to throw the ball away or slide.

He can become a top 7 QB without running, but will he ever learn this. That's my only argument with RGIII

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    I wish we would just release him already. He was the best in his first 5 years, but he simply has overstayed his stay in Miami. Farewell.
    I'm glad some of you have zero say in this team. Half the teams in this league would run each other over to sign Jake Long.

Joe Thomas got on average 9M a season, with Jake's injury issues of late and some bad play you could resign him for 6-7M a season and to a shorter deal at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I'm glad some of you have zero say in this team. Half the teams in this league would run each other over to sign Jake Long.

Joe Thomas got on average 9M a season, with Jake's injury issues of late and some bad play you could resign him for 6-7M a season and to a shorter deal at that.
    I doubt he asks for anything less than 10-11M per. Money talks at the end of the day, and as much as we wish for him to stay for a discount, its just not going to happen.

vCash
    Witch is what everyone here has said, but Thomas only got 9 a year he knows he isn't getting more.

vCash

With Long's bad play and injuries, I wouldn't even pay him 6-7 million. Now tagging him and trading him would be a perfect idea. As far as people criticizing Martin at right tackle, that is a big transition going from LT in college to RT in the NFL. The footing is different, the technics different. So Martin was basically learning a new position. He looked much more comfortable at LT.

vCash
    Figuring that even if we go 4-0 the rest of the way we would need the Steelers and Bengals to go at best 2-2 just to get into a tie breaker and add to it the Bengals and Steelers play each other once. I figure let Jake Long take the rest of the season off.

vCash

Joe Thomas signed a 7 year deal for $84 mil. That's $12 mil a season. Maybe his base is $9 mil but he's making $12.

vCash
    In the first 3 years of the contract Joe Thomas will be making 42 MIL(14 mil a season) and he is guaranteed 44 million. With the way football contracts are now the total value of the contract, (example Alex Smith who will be cut after this season) are not as valuable as up front and guaranteed money.

vCash
    Long is done here, back to rebuilding our oline. We have 1 player I have confidence in on this oline. Outside of pouncy its a disgrace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralFan View Post
    Joe Thomas signed a 7 year deal for $84 mil. That's $12 mil a season. Maybe his base is $9 mil but he's making $12.
    Yes base money im talking, his cap hit is just over 11M a season.

Average LTs in this league make 6-7M a season, thats where I slated him due to injurys and play over one season.

Also your either signing him or he is walking. No way in hell we Tag him and try and trade him. No one is going to take on 15M for one season, and then not even be able to extend him due to new rules.

Not going to happen, so its either try and sign him to a short term deal for 4 years or so, or even a long term but have the contract be voided after so many missed games due to injuries.

Or you let him walk and you get nothing out of a former #1 pick.

vCash
    We should offer Long a short-term, team-friendly contract and see if he accepts. If he doesn't, let someone else throw the money at him and move on. Paying Long $60-$70 million over five or six years would be a bad business decision. We are better off using that money at other positions.

vCash
    I'm fine with a short deal and its the way to go. 4 Years 40ish with 20ish guaranteed.

Lets us get by without signing or using a high pick on someone we know nothing about, but lets us Draft a replacement later on.

vCash
    I'm fine with a short deal and its the way to go. 4 Years 40ish with 20ish guaranteed.

Lets us get by without signing or using a high pick on someone we know nothing about, but lets us Draft a replacement later on.
    we wouldnt need a high pick because Martin can move over to LT. we can get a RT in the 3rd
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we wouldnt need a high pick because Martin can move over to LT. we can get a RT in the 3rd
    Long got beat up this past week by a nobody, im scared to see what happens to him against the 49ers. I didn't even think he looked good at RT either.

Oline is a complete mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Long got beat up this past week by a nobody, im scared to see what happens to him against the 49ers. I didn't even think he looked good at RT either.

Oline is a complete mess.
    i think you mean Martin. i think Martin was awesome on Sunday and did really well. he gave up a sack but it was a coverage sack. Tannehill had good protection except for inside. Incognito was really bad. i feel more comfortable with Martin dealing with Aldon more than i would Long. Martin struggles more with strong guys bc he isnt strong enough yet and Long is the one that struggles with speed guys bc he is so slow.
    Take Notes Rook

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast