Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    49er fans sicken me. such a shame cuz there are so many good 49er fans out there....but the 49ers have an abnormal amount of "those" fans, more than any other fanbase except for maybe philly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Are you just talking about the rest of this year, or do you want to keep him next year also? Do you realize he makes more than $3.5 mil and is set to make more than $3.6 mil next year? He is a top 5 paid kicker, yet only Mason Crosby has a worse FG% than him this year. That money could be spent much better.
    I would keep him beyond this year. He's always been a great kicker. When he gets in these slumps, it's all mental. Kicking skill has never been a problem with Akers. We all know how good he can be when he's not in a slump, so I'm willing to give him some time (and maybe get a fresh start with a new year) to snap out of his mental state. That's mainly because if he's not mental about his FG kicking, we know how good he can be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    I would keep him beyond this year. He's always been a great kicker. When he gets in these slumps, it's all mental. Kicking skill has never been a problem with Akers. We all know how good he can be when he's not in a slump, so I'm willing to give him some time (and maybe get a fresh start with a new year) to snap out of his mental state. That's mainly because if he's not mental about his FG kicking, we know how good he can be.
    Actually, if you look up his prior year stats, the last time he went into a "slump" like this it lasted 3 years (2005-2007).

vCash
    Actually, if you look up his prior year stats, the last time he went into a "slump" like this it lasted 3 years (2005-2007).

Can we start a petition to officially request he doesn't do that?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    right, and then look what happened in 2009... pro bowl and all-pro honors. Then look what happened in 2010.... pro bowl and all-pro honors. He managed to bounce back in philly of all places, where they probably wanted his head. He also turned in NFC ST player of the month at least once every year from 2009 to last year. Then he switched teams, and turned in his 3rd straight pro bowl/all pro season. He also ended up on the all decade team. If he had sucked from when his slump started as u put it, from 2005 and beyond, he wouldn't have made the all decade team for playing well just from 2000 to 2005. He bounced back from after 2007 to the end of the decade. And then he continued in 2011. So my point is, it's never been a problem with his kicking skill and talent... it's always been his head. If he can bounce back in SF, we know how good he can be. (and i'm willing to give him a chance to bounce back, since he was able to do it in philly of all places). So hopefully, he can get out of this slump a lot sooner than 3 years like you pointed out
    Last edited by tapajafri; 12-20-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    right, and then look what happened in 2009... pro bowl and all-pro honors. Then look what happened in 2010.... pro bowl and all-pro honors. He managed to bounce back in philly of all places, where they probably wanted his head. He also turned in NFC ST player of the month at least once every year from 2009 to last year. Then he switched teams, and turned in his 3rd straight pro bowl/all pro season. He also ended up on the all decade team. If he had sucked from when his slump started as u put it, from 2005 and beyond, he wouldn't have made the all decade team for playing well just from 2000 to 2005. He bounced back from after 2007 to the end of the decade. And then he continued in 2011. So my point is, it's never been a problem with his kicking skill and talent... it's always been his head. If he can bounce back in SF, we know how good he can be. (and i'm willing to give him a chance to bounce back, since he was able to do it in philly of all places)
    So, you want us to wait until 2015 for him to bounce back?

vCash
    right, and then look what happened in 2009... pro bowl and all-pro honors. Then look what happened in 2010.... pro bowl and all-pro honors. He managed to bounce back in philly of all places, where they probably wanted his head. He also turned in NFC ST player of the month at least once every year from 2009 to last year. Then he switched teams, and turned in his 3rd straight pro bowl/all pro season. He also ended up on the all decade team. Ifhe had sucked from when his slump started as u put it, from 2005 and beyond, he wouldn't have made the all decade team for playing well just from 2000 to 2005. He bounced back from after 2007 to the end of the decade. And then he continued in 2011. So my point is, it's never been a problem with his kicking skill and talent... it's always been his head. If he can bounce back in SF, we know how good he can be. (and i'm willing to give him a chance to bounce back, since he was able to do it in philly of all places). So hopefully, he can get out of this slump a lot sooner than 3 years like you pointed out
    When did I say that? I said his "slump" last from 2005 through 2007.

vCash
    When did I say that? I said his "slump" last from 2005 through 2007.
    i'm just saying from when u said his slump started in 2005. And regarding your other post, that's why I said hopefully he can get it together a hell of a lot sooner than 3 years.... I'm willing to see how he starts off next season with a fresh new year, but if he's bad in the first few games, it's time to get a new kicker

vCash
    We need to draft a kicker and see who is worth keeping before the season starts. Meaning I would want to see drives intentionally stalled in the preseason to test each one of them at different distances.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789