Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Probably already been said Akers is only 1 of 5 from beyond 50 yards this season. Overall, he has missed Akers has missed eight of his past 21 field-goal attempts, including four of seven tries from 40 to 49 yards. He ranks 29th in the NFL in field-goal percentage (70.4). That's not good enough. I don't know if Kaeding is a better option. And maybe the offense should put him in betterpositions but when you need a clutch kick you have to be able to rely on your kicker, ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Ok...here's another angle based on reading some of the posts defending Akers.

Nobody in here can say the Niners respect all of their opponents. Even in Willis' little pregame thing with the team he was saying the Rams were only in the last game because they didn't get the Niners best shot. No respect at all for the opponent. Now the D did play lights out and that's great, but it's pretty obvious that the team all the way up and down to include the coaching staff doesn't respect every opponent like they should. A message needs to be sent to the whole team that you can't just show up collect a paycheck and expect teams to roll over for you.

Cutting a veteran sends a message. If it were me...Walker and Akers would both be gone. It weakens the team a little bit...but I think the message it would send to everybody would be worth it. The team playing good ball without those two will be better than a team going through the motions with them.
    really??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    really??
    Yes really
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    really??
    He's talented no doubt and I know the Niners use him in a lot of ways so he "appears" valuable. However, the only thing he has that any other TE in the league doesn't is the ability to outrun a LB. That ability is usleless though because he DROPS THE F-ING BALL!!!!

vCash
    We need to look at the TE outta Stanford or if he declares, C.J. Fiedorowicz outta Iowa. 6'7 265 pound TE who an block like no ones business. I would love to bring a guy in like him. Very sure hands as well
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    This is about Akers though. David Akers needs to get his mind right but it's not like this is something we didn't see coming. Last year was a blip. Before improbably making 7 of 9 such attempts last season, Akers had made 2 of 6 over the previous two seasons combined. So succeeding twice in six attempts (2009 and 2010 combined) and succeeding once in five attempts (2012) is not that big. Funny thing is Akers has actually been better, alot better, from 40 to 49 this season. He made only 42.9 percent (3 of 7) of those kicks through Week 13 last season. He has made 60 percent (6 of 10) this season.

vCash
    I feel this should be bumped back to the top......

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    I think it's time to sign Nate Kaeding

vCash
    I think it's time to send Harbaugh in to kick field goals. Anyone but Akers please

vCash
    I'll take Kaeding.

vCash
    Akers makes me sad faced.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I want to cut Akers....the way you go to prison for, not in the business sense

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think it's time to sign Nate Kaeding
    Not if we want kicks made in the playoffs.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I couldn't believe Akers missed today. I thought, "Hmm, big game, Akers will show up" BUT ALAS, I WAS WRONG. Although he did make the game sealer.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast