Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    What difference does it make who misses the FG? Cut him on principle at this point. He has probably in fact cost a 1st round bye. Only person I would put as much blame is Walker with Harbaugh close behind for being so poorly outcoached by the same guy twice in one year.
    It matters because he is at least hitting all of the fgs inside of 40 yards and about half of the 40+ yarders. Is this acceptable for a guy making $3.5 mil per year? Of course not. But, whoever we replace him with will probably miss some inside of 40 yards and make less than half of the 40+ kicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It matters because he is at least hitting all of the fgs inside of 40 yards and about half of the 40+ yarders. Is this acceptable for a guy making $3.5 mil per year? Of course not. But, whoever we replace him with will probably miss some inside of 40 yards and make less than half of the 40+ kicks.
    I see what you're saying. Kaeding technically is a better kicker. He's not a clutch kicker which sucks...but Akers is showing that neither is he. I think the message that "your job isn't safe if you don't produce" is worth the change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I see what you're saying. Kaeding technically is a better kicker. He's not a clutch kicker which sucks...but Akers is showing that neither is he. I think the message that "your job isn't safe if you don't produce" is worth the change.
    Akers is supposedly playing through an injury. Who knows how far back the injury took place and how much of an impact that has on him missing the fgs. Hopefully he heals and starts knocking down the kicks.

vCash
    Akers is supposedly playing through an injury. Who knows how far back the injury took place and how much of an impact that has on him missing the fgs. Hopefully he heals and starts knocking down the kicks.
    I hope you're right. I guess we'll see.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    But if he doesn't, we are fuct

vCash
    Kicking through an injury is a terrible excuse. Get another kicker and let him get healthy. Just stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    If we have a roster spot open we should keep akers and sign kaeding just to see what he has for the next month. Akers gets a few weeks to heal and we pick one for the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    While Akers should be cut...not til the offseason. Our offense needs to get him closer than 50+ yards out...

YESSS

If the ****en coaching staff had a clue they'd see this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    YESSS

If the ****en coaching staff had a clue they'd see this!!!
    I don't know what the hell that playcall was right before the FG. Kaepernick rolling to his left with no flat route receiver. It was just rediculous. Slant was working all day. Even a draw would have probably worked. Or surprise them with a screen...would have been the first all day. Just an overall lousy coaching job.

vCash
    It was automatic that he was going to miss (and that's not pessimism, we all knew it), so we decide to run run run. Makes sense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Kicking through an injury is a terrible excuse. Get another kicker and let him get healthy. Just stupid
    pelvic/groin region injuries are pretty rough because they're those nagging little irritating injuries that can be pretty painful too. But I agree, they should get a temporary kicker and let him heal.

vCash
    it wouldn't surprise me if Akers is using an injury to cover up that he's been missing kicks. He has the distance still, his accuracy is off. I would expect an injury to impact both his accuracy and his distance.

vCash
    I'm with you Nutty. If it's really a groin/pelvis injury there's no way he's out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    it wouldn't surprise me if Akers is using an injury to cover up that he's been missing kicks. He has the distance still, his accuracy is off. I would expect an injury to impact both his accuracy and his distance.
    Yea, I don't know WTF is going on with him. :cry:
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Very true, and he still kicks it pretty well on kickoffs as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast