Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    you guys are overreacting. we didnt lose because of Aikers. Everyone was to blame on that game.

Its not like Aikers missed a chip shot, playing away, with the game on the line in overtime, a 51 yard FG is not automatic.
    It was last year for the most part.

vCash
    you guys are overreacting. we didnt lose because of Aikers. Everyone was to blame on that game.

Its not like Aikers missed a chip shot, playing away, with the game on the line in overtime, a 51 yard FG is not automatic.
    If you get paid $3.5 million to make field goals, you have to make that kick indoors with no wind. I'm not saying to cut him since there isn't a better option right now, but if he doesn't fix this problem, the 49ers should cut him in the offseason and bring in another option.

vCash
    Ugh... we really needed Akers, and he didn't deliver... again. I...
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Akers has not been dependable, I'm really surprised by it.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Scout the Field Goal Kicker from Florida State as his replacement in the upcoming draft

vCash

agreed. anyone that pins even half of the loss on Akers is just being one of those fans that always has to have a scapegoat for losing.

vCash
    While Akers should be cut...not til the offseason. Our offense needs to get him closer than 50+ yards out...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I agree Akers has had a terrible year, but how many unemployed kickers do you think are out there that can nail a 50+ yarder regularly. He did nail his other 2 right down the middle, and Megaleg or whatever they call him also missed a long one. I can forgive misses of 50+, but the tie on our record shouldn't be there, he missed a mid 30 yarder in OT in that game. That one's not forgivable for someone of his caliber. Whats Nedney up to these days? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    While Akers should be cut...not til the offseason. Our offense needs to get him closer than 50+ yards out...
    Why the 49ers would play for a 50+ yard field goal I have no idea. Once they got in that range they called three straight run plays. It's no secret that Akers has struggled this year from 40+ yards out. Set him up to fail. Set the team up to fail.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Why the 49ers would play for a 50+ yard field goal I have no idea. Once they got in that range they called three straight run plays. It's no secret that Akers has struggled this year from 40+ yards out. Set him up to fail. Set the team up to fail.
    The coaching baffles me some times. How can they look like the best coaching staff in the league, then look like a high school coaching staff? I mean seriously, knowing your kicker is struggling, your going to send him out there for a 50+ yard field goal? Seriously? I mean it seriously seems like Harbaugh coaches to lose sometimes like its a strategy or something
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I agree he should go... he just isn't right and has cost us 2 wins.

BUT... who would take his place? Would you really feel more comfortable with Cundiff or Kaeding? Neither are really a big improvement imo.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backto9erGlory View Post
    Scout the Field Goal Kicker from Florida State as his replacement in the upcoming draft
    this

We've got the extra picks, keep Akers for the year and cut him this offseason then draft,the kid from fsu who's got a big leg and we just saved $ on,the,cap and we get a motivated young legatron of our own

Jim Harbaugh "LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

vCash
    Eh, I'm not really big on drafting kickers. Plus, that kid has missed a bunch of extra points. I'd rather just sign a veteran who has an expiring contract at the end of the year. Phil Dawson and Rob Bironas will both be free agents and good options to consider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I would agree that he should go if the Rams kicker was available in free agency, but who out there is a better option than Akers?
    What difference does it make who misses the FG? Cut him on principle at this point. He has probably in fact cost a 1st round bye. Only person I would put as much blame is Walker with Harbaugh close behind for being so poorly outcoached by the same guy twice in one year.

vCash
    Ok...here's another angle based on reading some of the posts defending Akers.

Nobody in here can say the Niners respect all of their opponents. Even in Willis' little pregame thing with the team he was saying the Rams were only in the last game because they didn't get the Niners best shot. No respect at all for the opponent. Now the D did play lights out and that's great, but it's pretty obvious that the team all the way up and down to include the coaching staff doesn't respect every opponent like they should. A message needs to be sent to the whole team that you can't just show up collect a paycheck and expect teams to roll over for you.

Cutting a veteran sends a message. If it were me...Walker and Akers would both be gone. It weakens the team a little bit...but I think the message it would send to everybody would be worth it. The team playing good ball without those two will be better than a team going through the motions with them.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast