Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Akers must be cut

Akers has potentially lost us a first round bye. We would be 10-2 right now and a lock for a first round bye and potentially the number 1 seed. Now the games against the patriots and seahawks become must win games or we may lose the division. I cant believe everything we have fought for could potentially be determined by the washed up leg of the kicker. Do we have any other options?

vCash
    He's not cost us a first round bye at all...he has however cost us two games this year. If we can still manage to win out (or win out, lose to Pats and have Giants drop another game) We're still the #2 seed.

He needs to go though either way.

vCash
    Nobody on this board had confidence that Akers would be the one to win this game, and he proved it.

He's proven it all season long.

This isn't 2011. It's 2012, and Akers isn't part of the solution, he's part of the problem.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    Akers has potentially lost us a first round bye. We would be 10-2 right now and a lock for a first round bye and potentially the number 1 seed. Now the games against the patriots and seahawks become must win games or we may lose the division. I cant believe everything we have fought for could potentially be determined by the washed up leg of the kicker. Do we have any other options?
    You aint on the team, Bro

vCash
    Tell em Perkis!

Slap Hands!

vCash
    He should go unfortunately.

vCash
    I would agree that he should go if the Rams kicker was available in free agency, but who out there is a better option than Akers?

vCash
    I see a new kicker for 2013, but not until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    i do it all the time too. I think most folks say it here and there even if they don't say it all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I see a new kicker for 2013, but not until then.
    Agreed. No way they can justify paying him $3.5 mil if he isn't going to make the big kicks. Unfortunately, there isn't a better option out there and we are a Super Bowl contender.

vCash
    He but SF in the record books a few times but he's losing his touch now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    oh i didnt know that

vCash
    After looking at the standings, the niners are still in good shape as long as they win at least one of the games (at patriots, at seahawks). and beat the dolphins and cardinals at home. In akers defense the niners had at least 4 or 5 bone head mistakes that cost em the game even before akers missed that kick. but still I have no confidence in akers in the clutch this year even if it is from 30 yards.

vCash
    Wow.....just wow
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    you guys are overreacting. we didnt lose because of Aikers. Everyone was to blame on that game.

Its not like Aikers missed a chip shot, playing away, with the game on the line in overtime, a 51 yard FG is not automatic.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast