Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    referiiing.

they dont use " star calls" or "reputation calls" ( as in, since you are labeled soft we wont blow the whiste when they are grabbing your jersey or putting a knee on your butt)

in fiba a foul is a foul no matter who makes it on who.

As a result since defenders CAN NOT get away with murder withouth being called a foul he has more space to do his thing.

obviously being fed in the post helps, and if you are wondering yes he was playing pf since his bro is the center.....

another thing is spain had a good pass first pg or two to feed him the ball.

Calderon > llul > sergio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morris/duhon .
    this can be changed once NASH > Calderon etc is back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    Seriously though, I think the BEST way to utilize Pau is if we play him WITH the bench. Start him, however have most of his minutes come with the 2nd unit.
    I agree. Don't humiliate him by pulling him from the starting lineup, but limit his minutes on the floor with Howard. Clearly, Howard is going to get most of the postups because the team wants to keep him happy - and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since re-signing Howard is something the Lakers should be thinking about while also trying to win this season, and since statistically he and Gasol are similarly effective in the post.

Somehow, they should try to mix up the minutes so that Gasol is out there more often with, say, Hill... and Jamison is out there more often with Howard. Then finish the game with Howard and Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog-99 View Post
    Everytime I hear that hes washed up & has lost it, I think of this summer.
    He was the driving force on that silver medal team & gave the US all we could handle.

Yes he was more aggressive, but tell me what he did & their scheme did to get that production from him.

When I see that I think:

1. he is not washed up, just not being used correctly.
    2. we need to get that back out of him for the betterment of the team or (gulp) to drive to trade value
    Everything that goes up must come down! Gasol still has some game left,but what is really missing is his determination and confidence. When a player looses his confidence,that is a mayor problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    referiiing.

they dont use " star calls" or "reputation calls" ( as in, since you are labeled soft we wont blow the whiste when they are grabbing your jersey or putting a knee on your butt)

in fiba a foul is a foul no matter who makes it on who.

As a result since defenders CAN NOT get away with murder withouth being called a foul he has more space to do his thing.

obviously being fed in the post helps, and if you are wondering yes he was playing pf since his bro is the center.....

another thing is spain had a good pass first pg or two to feed him the ball.

Calderon > llul > sergio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morris/duhon .
    this can be changed once NASH > Calderon etc is back.
    So he is the victim of a rough league? Post or not post what he does not have is guts! It is very clear when is push around by even smaller players off the post. He is a good passer but he claims that he needs more touches and when he gets them,he pass. He obviously looks very slow and could be his knees. I just hope that that is the problem and when Nash is back he could get his touch back. Otherwise he probably gone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    I agree. Don't humiliate him by pulling him from the starting lineup, but limit his minutes on the floor with Howard. Clearly, Howard is going to get most of the postups because the team wants to keep him happy - and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since re-signing Howard is something the Lakers should be thinking about while also trying to win this season, and since statistically he and Gasol are similarly effective in the post.

Somehow, they should try to mix up the minutes so that Gasol is out there more often with, say, Hill... and Jamison is out there more often with Howard. Then finish the game with Howard and Gasol.
    Intriguing ideas here.

Especially since Im assuming his highest value is to keep him, ie: we wont get a decent return if we trade him. Im thinking Houston & Minnesota might pay the right price, but everywhere else will low ball.

Also, sure would help out bench production...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12