Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I know it's just 1 game but ....

Can our bench be the best in the NBA? We don't have a back up small forward and Jordan Hill is not really used anymore but I like this bench a lot ... They struggled under Mike Brown and I started to lose confidence in them but ... at the beginning of they year I thought they could be the best bench in the NBA and now I'm starting to think they could be ...

Steve Blake/ Darius Morris/ Chris Duhon
    Jodie Meeks
    ???? Ebanks ????
    Jamison
    Hill

It is a good bench

vCash
    Big MEEKS! Larry Hoover, Gettin buckets, hallelujah!

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    I would feel better about if Hill was still getting minutes

vCash
    So far they are really good or really bad. If the lakers can get half of what Jamison did last night on average that would go a long way.

The truth is painful

vCash
    I also want Hill to get a lot more minutes ... they can be one of the best benches if they cn average

Blake ... 6 and 4 hopefully Morris can keep getting better because he has a lot of nice tools
    Meeks ... 12-15 4 threes
    Ebanks ? ... 5 and 3 please sign Raja Bell ... lock down defense and can get 5-10 points a game
    Jamison ... 15-20 and 5-8 rebounds
    Hill ... 5-10 points and 5-10 rebounds
    Last edited by Mr. LA; 12-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    llullz

You said it, it's just one game. If the bench can produce 30+ points per game consistently, then they are certainly among one of the best in the league.

vCash
    No.. We have the worst bench in the league so you are fantasizing hard if you think they'll be the best

Are they as bad as they have been? Definitely not.. The bench has shown spurts just lack consistency. The bench is not that great regardless though..

As long as we can get production from the main bench players we'll be fine though (Jamison, Meeks, Blake). Remember that in the playoffs the rotation is cut short so these guys will have to step up especially.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    you should have stopped at "I know it's just 1 game"

vCash
    lol I know I know ... I guess I am a little too excited about 1 game ... I just see nice potential especially when Nash comes back

vCash
    I believe that our bench has definitely improved just in the last week. Jamison and Meeks are as advertised. Also Chris Duhon has played well and his shooting has gotten better over the last couple of games. Unfortunately as Jamison's star rises...Hill's will fall, However it doesn't make since as Pau should either be resting or having his minutes cut down as he recovers from the tendonitis. Which leads me to believe that there is something personal between D'antoni and Jordan Hill. We know there was an issue between the two in New York, Hopefully it hasn't resurfaced. But it looks like it has.

vCash
    can this bench lose by only 3 points against a fully healthy heat squad in miami?

vCash
    As long as they score around 25 points each night I would be totally fine with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    I believe that our bench has definitely improved just in the last week. Jamison and Meeks are as advertised. Also Chris Duhon has played well and his shooting has gotten better over the last couple of games. Unfortunately as Jamison's star rises...Hill's will fall, However it doesn't make since as Pau should either be resting or having his minutes cut down as he recovers from the tendonitis. Which leads me to believe that there is something personal between D'antoni and Jordan Hill. We know there was an issue between the two in New York, Hopefully it hasn't resurfaced. But it looks like it has.
    D'Antoni only has a problem with PFs that aren't Shawn Marion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    No.. We have the worst bench in the league so you are fantasizing hard if you think they'll be the best

Are they as bad as they have been? Definitely not.. The bench has shown spurts just lack consistency. The bench is not that great regardless though..

As long as we can get production from the main bench players we'll be fine though (Jamison, Meeks, Blake). Remember that in the playoffs the rotation is cut short so these guys will have to step up especially.
    We do not have the worst bench in the nba. Jamison and hill alone are better than about 80% of all bench players in the league and meeks is solid, he is one of the best pure shooters in the league, he just wasn't making shots. I'm not a huge blake fan, but as the 3rd or 4th best bench player he is pretty solid and better than a lot of backup pg out there. Morris has also shown that he can be a solid bench player in spurts, same goes for duhon.

vCash
    I want ebanks to get mins in this offense. But Meeks pretty much killed that lol. Imagine pau on that bench unit instead of Jamison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast