Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

At 9-8 Lakers will be like Miami 2010

At game 17 in 2010 the newly formed miami heat were only 9-8 and taking lots of heat (no pun inteneded). If Lakers beat Orlando on Sunday they will also be 9-8. They finished the season 58-24 and of course did not win a championship. But this goes to show that super teams like miami and lakers 2012-13 need time to gel especially given that the guy expected to make the lakers come together has been out for 14 games.

The difference between the Lakers now and Miami 2010 is that the heat were still young and had very little championship experience.

When Nash comes back and adds that incredible ball movement and smarts to the court, this team will be dangerous. I have no concerns about this team pulling it together. They may not win the championship this year but they will be in the finals.
    Last edited by kendodgerfan; 12-01-2012 at 12:16 PM.

vCash
    The difference is our Superstar won't coward(dissapear) away and will shine to win that championship.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Im not seeing any similarities

The Heat were still posting elite DRTG marks and their overall efficiency differentials were that of a dominant team. Even though they were 9-8, they were top 2 in the league in SRS and were still projected to win 60 games. The Lakers arent even close.

vCash
    lakers are actually top 5 in offensive efficiency and top 6 in defense. So I disagree. This justy a matter of consistency from night to night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/defensiveEff
    Last edited by kendodgerfan; 12-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Let's wait to see it play out with Nash.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Im not seeing any similarities

The Heat were still posting elite DRTG marks and their overall efficiency differentials were that of a dominant team. Even though they were 9-8, they were top 2 in the league in SRS and were still projected to win 60 games. The Lakers arent even close.
    ^^ This thread just got Chronz-ed.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    ^^ This thread just got Chronz-ed.
    that made me laugh
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kendodgerfan View Post
    lakers are actually top 5 in offensive efficiency and top 6 in defense. So I disagree. This justy a matter of consistency from night to night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/defensiveEff
    didn't say the lakers werent good. the heat led the league in defensive efficiency during the 9-8 stretch and the ORTG was top 5 iirc. And if you look at the differentials the disparity is even greater. Hence i said the heat were a 60 win team, and the lakers right now are looking more like a 50 win team.

I mean, even without looking at the stats, you can see that. the heat were losing fluke games, while the laker losses so far are due to them getting manhandled for the most part.

vCash
    didn't say the lakers werent good. the heat led the league in defensive efficiency during the 9-8 stretch and the ORTG was top 5 iirc. And if you look at the differentials the disparity is even greater. Hence i said the heat were a 60 win team, and the lakers right now are looking more like a 50 win team.

I mean, even without looking at the stats, you can see that. the heat were losing fluke games, while the laker losses so far are due to them getting manhandled for the most part.
    Well there are differences in terms of one of our top players not really having played yet so any statistical comparison would have to account for the predicted difference that nash would be making, which is likely considerable. Also, howard is still playing at 80% and miami's big 3 were all healthy and we had a coaching change, whereas miami did not. As for losing, we haven't been manhandled since brown was fired.

vCash
    Miami and this team have lots of differences. Our bigs would destroy miami and we are far superior at half court execution; however, miami was/is far more athletic and better defensively. The team who has the best half court execution usually wins a 7 game series, but we'll have to wait and see.

vCash
    Lakers have lost a lot of games by turnovers and missed FT's. More importantly they've lost games at home and are awful on the road.

Their schedule gets tougher, so only time will tell. But thus far, the team isn't fun to watch.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash

Couldn't disagree more. I thought Miami looked terrible offensively to start that season. They were a mess that was winning on talent alone. The Lakers offense this year looks far superior to the Heat offense of last year...even without Nash. Miami on the otherhand had the better defense.

I think the Lakers should be the #1 offense come the end of the year and potentially a top 5 defense with Howard anchoring the D. We'll see if the team can stay focused enough to play that consistent defensively though. Probably not...but come playoff time I think they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Lakers have lost a lot of games by turnovers and missed FT's. More importantly they've lost games at home and are awful on the road.

Their schedule gets tougher, so only time will tell. But thus far, the team isn't fun to watch.
    Yes, they've lost games because of turnovers and missed fts. Very inconsistent. But its getting better and more consistent. Not sure what you mean not fun to watch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Miami and this team have lots of differences. Our bigs would destroy miami and we are far superior at half court execution; however, miami was/is far more athletic and better defensively. The team who has the best half court execution usually wins a 7 game series, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Lakers are a far superior rebounding team too. If they can cut down on the turnovers consistently (especially against good athletic teams like Miami and OKC) it will be very difficult for Miami to win in a 7 game series.

Miami will absolutely depend on getting out and getting easy shots and extra possessions against the Lakers. Especially considering the Lakers will be very efficient on offense and not be giving up extra possessions because of rebounding. That and getting Dwight in foul trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well there are differences in terms of one of our top players not really having played yet so any statistical comparison would have to account for the predicted difference that nash would be making, which is likely considerable. Also, howard is still playing at 80% and miami's big 3 were all healthy and we had a coaching change, whereas miami did not. As for losing, we haven't been manhandled since brown was fired.
    Right. And the only team that really "beat" the Lakers since Brown was fired (and not the Lakers beating themselves) was the Spurs. Two point loss. And still the Lakers were not exactly firing on all cylindors then either. We'll see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast