Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should get the start?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg McElroy

53 70.67%
  • Tim Tebow

11 14.67%
  • Mark Sanchez

11 14.67%
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    So explain Larry Fitzgerald on the cards?
    That's one guy. If I was a defensive coordinator, put two guy on Fitz and take him out of the game, and you will beat the Cardinals
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    How can weps help a QB if he cant read a defense? If he cant see a blitz? If hes not accurate? If he throws into triple coverage? If he fumbles when hes sneezed on?

Weps cant help bad Qb's.

They can however take a top 10 QB and make him elite like an Eli Manning.

They wont however make a QB like Sanchez or Lindley and make them top 10.

If Sanchez was 60% with less into's and fumbles then yes you can make the argument weps would help.

If sanchez didnt continue to throw bad passes then you could say weps help.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    That's one guy. If I was a defensive coordinator, put two guy on Fitz and take him out of the game, and you will beat the Cardinals
    Larry can beat double coverage, has done it his whole career. Megatron gets doubled a. Johnson doubled etc etc etc.

Every year Fitz has great stats...He doesnt now..wonder why?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    How can weps help a QB if he cant read a defense? If he cant see a blitz? If hes not accurate? If he throws into triple coverage? If he fumbles when hes sneezed on?

Weps cant help bad Qb's.

They can however take a top 10 QB and make him elite like an Eli Manning.

They wont however make a QB like Sanchez or Lindley and make them top 10.

If Sanchez was 60% with less into's and fumbles then yes you can make the argument weps would help.

If sanchez didnt continue to throw bad passes then you could say weps help.
    You speak a level or truth that PSD cannot comprehend..

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    We can all sit here and bash Sanchez, but let's just come out and say the honest truth: The NY Jets offense as a whole SUCKS!!! Let's be honest and look at the facts:

1) Offensive points-- 10 points vs Pittsburgh; 13 vs Miami; 0 vs San Francisco;10 vs Houston; 9 vs Miami; 0 vs Seattle; 7 vs Arizona.

2) 29th ranked offense, 12th in rushing, 28th in passing

3) You have 0 QB's, RB's, and TE's this week vs Jacksonville that would start anywhere else.

4) Some of your starting combinations at WR/TE this year have included Clyde Gates and Chaz Schellins; Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schellins, Jeff Cumberland. If you are the opposition, does that scare you?

5) Your offensive line is a shell of what it used to be and 3/5th's of it probably needs to be replaced along with ALL of the depth.

This inept offense goes beyond one person and for all of the hype with McElroy, he led the Jets to 7 points yesterday against Arizona and was only 5 of 7 for 29 yards. Arizona might have been the only team in the NFL that the Jets could have beaten yesterday and that is because their offense is more inept than ours, minus Larry Fitzgerald.

The Jets offense isn't going to be fixed in 4 weeks, whether Sanchez, McElroy, or Tebow is under center. If this is the best offensive product that the Jets can put on the field, then don't expect them to contend anytime soon.
    Great post.

My only comment is this; we have the 12th ranked rushing team in the league, which isn't too bad. And even though there are some junk yards from blowouts, It's actually quite good considering everyone plays the run against us because they know we can't beat them passing. So if we had a decent QB who could move the ball through the air effectively, we might have an even better running team.
    You are right, our WR core is far from stellar but a good QB could make it work. I actually believe Sanchez has the skill set to be that guy but he doesn't have the mindset. Who knows, maybe riding the pine will make him grow up and grow some big ones? We can still hope.

vCash
    @JasonLaCanfora
    Rex Ryan leaning to starting McElroy as QB. One source called it 65/35. But coach still to meet with GM over the issue
    Whatever.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Whatever.
    Hell yea!!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Any one but tebow!!!!
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Sanchez is definitely better than McElroy right now. McElroy played one quarter in his life and is a 7th round pick. Not saying he can't end up being better, but he wasn't projected to be better nor did he prove it on the field yet.

No, he lost his confidence because the fans and media are too tough on him. He never gets the credit for when we win, but when we lose its completely his fault. But I guess that comes with being a quarterback in NY. From what I saw out of McElroy and read, it seems like he can handle it.

He has had stretches in the NFL when he looked like an above average quarterback. I know he has the ability to play like that because he did before. He just needs more help and confidence. But he may not get a chance if he messes up against Jacksonville, even if its not his fault.
    NY media is tough...the ONLY thing he unarguably did great at was handle the media...but to blame his lack of confidence on the media is absurd.

He brought it onto himself....don't want the criticism? Dont pose like a metrosexual in GQ...don't eat hotdogs on sidelines...don't wipe boogers on teammates....don't turn the ball over like a rookie for 4 years...

The media wold have worshipped him like 2nd coming of Christ had he earned it.

And maybe he never gets credit for when we win, but blamed when we lose for a reason....with obvious exceptions more often than not its deserved.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 12-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Ow...I just had a crazy thought.....

Could you imagine if Sanchez went onto another team in a few years and became Legit Elite for rest of career?

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Ow...I just had a crazy thought.....

Could you imagine if Sanchez went onto another team in a few years and became Legit Elite for rest of career?
    That won't happen barring a coaching miracle.

vCash

Tebow

I think tebow should be the backup but he is a first class act. I live in Albany NY and Tebow is a good guy he is trying to help a couple of kids after they where seriously hurt by a drunk driver that there friends and boyfriend/girlfriend where killed. http://m.wnyt.com/article.html#!/629...71c267b3f1e940

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbizz33 View Post
    I think tebow should be the backup but he is a first class act. I live in Albany NY and Tebow is a good guy he is trying to help a couple of kids after they where seriously hurt by a drunk driver that there friends and boyfriend/girlfriend where killed. http://m.wnyt.com/article.html#!/629...71c267b3f1e940
    I don't argue that Tebow is a class act. He is probably a great person to know, and the fact that he is willing to stick to his values that many people don't understand (and hate him for) says a lot about his strength of character.

However, he is not a legitimate NFL QB, and should never have been the backup on the Jets. If Rex hadn't been worried about the backlash, he probably would have replaced Sanchez with GMAC weeks ago.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't argue that Tebow is a class act. He is probably a great person to know, and the fact that he is willing to stick to his values that many people don't understand (and hate him for) says a lot about his strength of character.

However, he is not a legitimate NFL QB, and should never have been the backup on the Jets. If Rex hadn't been worried about the backlash, he probably would have replaced Sanchez with GMAC weeks ago.
    I agree with what you are saying. I should have said he is more of a gimmick player at best. That being said Sanchez shouldn't have been a nfl starter right away he should have been behind a vet learning how to play in the nfl and i kind think he was thrown to the wolves. yes he had a good first year and the lack of play makers around him killed his chances at keeping his job. Add the fact Rex says there a Super Bowl team ever year is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbizz33 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. I should have said he is more of a gimmick player at best. That being said Sanchez shouldn't have been a nfl starter right away he should have been behind a vet learning how to play in the nfl and i kind think he was thrown to the wolves. yes he had a good first year and the lack of play makers around him killed his chances at keeping his job. Add the fact Rex says there a Super Bowl team ever year is a joke.
    When the Jets drafted Sanchez, I was the only one on this forum (as far as I can remember) hat wanted to see Clemens start with Sanchez carrying a clipboard. Jets fans didn't want to hear it, and I think Rex succumbed.

For all the talk about how Clemens sucked, his career numbers suggest that he wouldn't have been worse than Sanchez...even if he wasn't better.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast