Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should get the start?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg McElroy

53 70.67%
  • Tim Tebow

11 14.67%
  • Mark Sanchez

11 14.67%
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Easier said than done. And who the **** is Matt Flynn? Another 7th round pick that was overlooked by teams, and now this guy could be a game-winner for us? Is that what you are telling me? If he could be a viable option, so could our 7th round pick in McElroy. Stranger things can happen.

What we should really focus on is getting a stud RB first. Those are a little bit easier to find.
    Not just anybody can have a 6 TD game. He made some serious throws in that game. If you didn't know it wasn't Aaron Rodgers, you wouldn't have been able to tell by just watching him throw the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Not just anybody can have a 6 TD game. He made some serious throws in that game. If you didn't know it wasn't Aaron Rodgers, you wouldn't have been able to tell by just watching him throw the ball.
    A lot of QB's could do well with Jennings, Nelson, Finley, Jones, Driver, and so on.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Thing is what QB is out there thats worth a middle first round pick? Geno Smith will be gone and I doubt the Jets will trade up for a QB ever again.

Knowing Sanchez is no better than a good back up QB, why then wouldnt you see what Mcelroy is.

Not saying he is but imagine Mcelroy becomes a great QB? We dont know if hes going to be good or suck. But you will never know unless you give him a chance.
    I'm not saying this from my own knowledge but I heard/read he can't throw the long ball. If that's the case, his ceiling is good QB, not great.

vCash
    Thing is what QB is out there thats worth a middle first round pick? Geno Smith will be gone and I doubt the Jets will trade up for a QB ever again.

Knowing Sanchez is no better than a good back up QB, why then wouldnt you see what Mcelroy is.

Not saying he is but imagine Mcelroy becomes a great QB? We dont know if hes going to be good or suck. But you will never know unless you give him a chance.
    McElroy has no deep ball. Give me the list of successful QBs in the NFL without one (who are in the NFL right now), and I'll tell you now that list will have zero QB's on it.

Let's put it this way:

Rodgers? Great deep ball
    Peyton Manning? Great deep ball
    Brady? Great deep ball
    Brees? Great deep ball
    Roethlisberger? Great deep ball
    Ryan/RG3/Luck? Very good deep balls

You just need to be able to throw the ball far down the field with accuracy, and you need zip for 15-20 yard passes. McElroy has neither of those things, and arm strength isn't exactly something you can fix. Timing plays can only work so much these days.

And the Jets should trade up for a QB if they think he's going to be good. Barkley and Geno may not exactly be RG3 or Luck, but the Redskins traded 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders for RG3, and I'm sure they'd do that all over again in a second, plus extra. Tyler Wilson could be a smarter Tony Romo, without the choking in big spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    A lot of QB's could do well with Jennings, Nelson, Finley, Jones, Driver, and so on.
    Jennings actually didn't even play in that game. I would not at all be against trading for Matt Flynn and bringing in some receivers via FA or the draft, and a running back who doesn't suck balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I'm not saying this from my own knowledge but I heard/read he can't throw the long ball. If that's the case, his ceiling is good QB, not great.
    where did you hear that? Internet? because you cant post anything thats on the internet thats not true?

Just an FYI Tom Brady was thought to have a weak arm and couldnt throw the deep ball....How did that turn out?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    McElroy has no deep ball. Give me the list of successful QBs in the NFL without one (who are in the NFL right now), and I'll tell you now that list will have zero QB's on it.

Let's put it this way:

Rodgers? Great deep ball
    Peyton Manning? Great deep ball
    Brady? Great deep ball
    Brees? Great deep ball
    Roethlisberger? Great deep ball
    Ryan/RG3/Luck? Very good deep balls

You just need to be able to throw the ball far down the field with accuracy, and you need zip for 15-20 yard passes. McElroy has neither of those things, and arm strength isn't exactly something you can fix. Timing plays can only work so much these days.

And the Jets should trade up for a QB if they think he's going to be good. Barkley and Geno may not exactly be RG3 or Luck, but the Redskins traded 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders for RG3, and I'm sure they'd do that all over again in a second, plus extra. Tyler Wilson could be a smarter Tony Romo, without the choking in big spots.
    I pray youre not suggesting we trade a ton of 1st round picks for Geno or Barkley because that is the most laughable thing in the entire world. Everyone knew Luck and RG3 were once in a lifetime picks, Geno and Barkley are nothing. Yea if we had a top pick you take one and you see what happens because how can you not. What you certainly do not do is trade away your future for the next few years and essentially doom us for players that have a GREAT chance of being nothing but Mark Sanchez.

No one thats arguing against you, and that would be the whole forum, is saying that they think McElroy is our QB of the future and a guarantee stud. All everyone is saying is give the guy a ****ing chance to prove himself. If he does and does it convincingly then great, and if not then its on to the next one. Tell me whats the ****ing harm and seeing what we have in him? Ill tell you, NONE. Just relax and hope for the best.

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern View Post
    where did you hear that? Internet? Because you cant post anything thats on the internet thats not true?

Just an fyi tom brady was thought to have a weak arm and couldnt throw the deep ball....how did that turn out?
    thank you

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

vCash
    where did you hear that? Internet? because you cant post anything thats on the internet thats not true?

Just an FYI Tom Brady was thought to have a weak arm and couldnt throw the deep ball....How did that turn out?
    Come on man, did you watch the game today? Have you watched him in the pre-season? In a QB skills competition a few years ago for the pro bowl, Brady threw the ball in the air 64 yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    I pray youre not suggesting we trade a ton of 1st round picks for Geno or Barkley because that is the most laughable thing in the entire world. Everyone knew Luck and RG3 were once in a lifetime picks, Geno and Barkley are nothing. Yea if we had a top pick you take one and you see what happens because how can you not. What you certainly do not do is trade away your future for the next few years and essentially doom us for players that have a GREAT chance of being nothing but Mark Sanchez.

No one thats arguing against you, and that would be the whole forum, is saying that they think McElroy is our QB of the future and a guarantee stud. All everyone is saying is give the guy a ****ing chance to prove himself. If he does and does it convincingly then great, and if not then its on to the next one. Tell me whats the ****ing harm and seeing what we have in him? Ill tell you, NONE. Just relax and hope for the best.
    Are you kidding? You really don't believe there's any harm in watching McElroy limp us to an 8-8 finish against bad teams, saving people's jobs along the way and having a guy who is clearly not a long term solution at QB back to be our starter next year?

Geno and Barkley are certainly no RG3 or Luck, but they could easily be top 10 QB's.

vCash

vCash

I'll tell you how it turned out...... Brady has a great deep ball!!! They were wrong. If McElroy doesn't have a good deep ball then his ceiling is maybe Pennington!! I hope they're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Try to find a replay of the game. I wasn't a believer at first when I saw the stat line, then watched him throw for myself. He was legitimately great that day.

vCash
    Are you kidding? You really don't believe there's any harm in watching McElroy limp us to an 8-8 finish against bad teams, saving people's jobs along the way and having a guy who is clearly not a long term solution at QB back to be our starter next year?

Geno and Barkley are certainly no RG3 or Luck, but they could easily be top 10 QB's.
    See I'm kinda torn over this.

On one hand an 8-8 finish would be devastating from a draft perspective. On the other hand, who knows what we have in McElroy??

I wanted Sanchez to finish out the season just purely because I wanted to tank (even though I have a hard time rooting against my Jets). But now that they benched him already, maybe we should give him a shot.

vCash
    Try to find a replay of the game. I wasn't a believer at first when I saw the stat line, then watched him throw for myself. He was legitimately great that day.
    I did watch the videos. Anyone could be a great QB in that system with all those weapons. But he is just another accurate passer without a great arm, just like McElroy. He isn't even starting on the Seahawks.

He just had a career day, by no means is he some great QB.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast