Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should get the start?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg McElroy

53 70.67%
  • Tim Tebow

11 14.67%
  • Mark Sanchez

11 14.67%
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    McElroy made some sweet throws? Come on now. He made one NFL caliber throw today, and it was a 10 yard curl route.
    At least he completed them, Sanchez misses those throws soooo often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    then you should have been equally impressed at sanchez high throw to a check down rb.. 10 feet away.

or how about what should have been another pick 6 by sanchez..I know you rememeber that one.
    Ok? Sanchez had a bad game. He's bad. But he's the superior QB of the 2, and there is no sense in benching him unless he starts off poorly again next week, because at that point our season is over anyways. Barring a ridiculously good game by Sanchez next week, if the Jets lose, McElroy should start the last 3 games. But as long as there's some chance of making the playoffs, I'll go with the guy who can actually give us a shot to make them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It was his 1st start in the middle of a game, give it rest. I'm sure he had some nerves.
    We can't afford to give a guy who has no starting experience in the NFL a chance when we still have a shot at the playoffs.

vCash
    We can't afford to give a guy who has no starting experience in the NFL a chance when we still have a shot at the playoffs.
    We have no shot at the playoffs with Sanchez under center. If it wasn't for McElroy today, our chances would have been over.

vCash
    Ok? Sanchez had a bad game. He's bad. But he's the superior QB of the 2, and there is no sense in benching him unless he starts off poorly again next week, because at that point our season is over anyways. Barring a ridiculously good game by Sanchez next week, if the Jets lose, McElroy should start the last 3 games. But as long as there's some chance of making the playoffs, I'll go with the guy who can actually give us a shot to make them.
    How can you even say that? Seriously guy......Superior and sanchez dont belong in the same sentence.

You can say Sanchez is superior to Lindly..But not Mcelroy.

Mcelroy did what he needed to do to get the Jets a win. Same defense faced. 1 Qb made the throws the other didnt.

pretty simple.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Alright, I'll come clean here. I don't want McElroy to start because I know there's a chance he'll be good enough to convince the coaching staff that we don't need to draft or bring in a good QB. I stand by my statement that McElroy will never be a good enough QB to win a superbowl. But the worst thing that could ever happen to the Jets as far as I'm concerned is to get stuck with a QB for another 2-4 years who will not only never lead us to the promised land, but never had the chance to in the first place. At least with a rookie QB, there's a chance he'll be legitimately good. With McElroy, all you're getting is a game manager. I'm tired of game managers. I want a game winner.

vCash
    Alright, I'll come clean here. I don't want McElroy to start because I know there's a chance he'll be good enough to convince the coaching staff that we don't need to draft or bring in a good QB. I stand by my statement that McElroy will never be a good enough QB to win a superbowl. But the worst thing that could ever happen to the Jets as far as I'm concerned is to get stuck with a QB for another 2-4 years who will not only never lead us to the promised land, but never had the chance to in the first place. At least with a rookie QB, there's a chance he'll be legitimately good. With McElroy, all you're getting is a game manager. I'm tired of game managers. I want a game winner.
    I actually believe the Jets "Franchise QB" is not currently on the roster.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I actually believe the Jets "Franchise QB" is not currently on the roster.
    I don't either. And I don't want the Jets coaching staff to believe anything but that.

vCash
    Most of Sanchez's games are bad games. How can you possibly know that he is superior of the two when we have no real sample size to go off of with McElroy? Is it because he's a 7th round pick, and Mark was a Top 5 pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    ****ing Rex will start Sanchez though next week. If that happens kiss the playoff hopes gone, he did crappy vs a ****** arizona D! **** Sanchez and **** rex if he choses to start him next week! As fans we diserve better then Sanchez and thats Mcelroy and Tebow! **** Mark **** Mark!

vCash
    Where are we going to find this "game-winner?"

If McElroy sucks like you think he does, then you should want him to start next season so we lose more games.

vCash
    I don't either. And I don't want the Jets coaching staff to believe anything but that.
    I think we can all agree that Sanchez is back next year because of the money. You can't cut him; the cap hit is too high. McElroy will be back because he is inexpensive and proved today he can win a game. I don't see Tebow coming back. I have said for a while the Jets QB's next year will be Sanchez-McElroy-Draft choice, not necessarily that order on the depth chart. The Jets pretty much are stuck QB-wise through next year with basically what is on the roster.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Where are we going to find this "game-winner?"

If McElroy sucks like you think he does, then you should want him to start next season so we lose more games.
    We're going to find the game winner through the draft. Or hell, even Matt Flynn would be worth a look.

I don't want McElroy to be starting next season unless we already have a QB of the future on the roster and he's just riding the bench. I have no problem with taking a guy and letting him sit for a year, but I'd have a huge problem with saying "well, McElroy played decently, we should look to upgrade areas other than QB"

vCash
    We're going to find the game winner through the draft. Or hell, even Matt Flynn would be worth a look.

I don't want McElroy to be starting next season unless we already have a QB of the future on the roster and he's just riding the bench. I have no problem with taking a guy and letting him sit for a year, but I'd have a huge problem with saying "well, McElroy played decently, we should look to upgrade areas other than QB"
    Easier said than done. And who the **** is Matt Flynn? Another 7th round pick that was overlooked by teams, and now this guy could be a game-winner for us? Is that what you are telling me? If he could be a viable option, so could our 7th round pick in McElroy. Stranger things can happen.

What we should really focus on is getting a stud RB first. Those are a little bit easier to find.

vCash
    Thing is what QB is out there thats worth a middle first round pick? Geno Smith will be gone and I doubt the Jets will trade up for a QB ever again.

Knowing Sanchez is no better than a good back up QB, why then wouldnt you see what Mcelroy is.

Not saying he is but imagine Mcelroy becomes a great QB? We dont know if hes going to be good or suck. But you will never know unless you give him a chance.

"The Butt of all jokes"

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast