Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should get the start?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg McElroy

53 70.67%
  • Tim Tebow

11 14.67%
  • Mark Sanchez

11 14.67%
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    vCash
    Its just time to move on from Sanchez. Even if he had a great game vs the Jags , we all know he would ruin it by having a terrible game sometime in the near future.

Sanchez upside is Alex Smith lite.

Alex Smith is fighting for his job and hes better than sanchez playing for a team very close to making a SB run. So why are we stuck wondering about sanchez?

Time for the Jets to cut losses and move on. Hopefully Sanchez can become something somewhere else. I just dont see it happening here.

Maybe Sanchez wakes up and comes back next year ready to take that next step.

Had Sanchez looked like Vlad Ducasse hed prob be a superstar top quality QB.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I don't hate Sanchez either. All the talent in the world, could potentially do well on another team. But his time in New York is done. He just seems to be missing that leadership moxy. He gets down on himself. Thats not something any NFL QB can do and remain successful. He also says things like, "McElroy kicked butt" to the press after he got benched. Come on man, show some BALLS! Some f'n passion. Fight for your job and for your team. Throw a tantrum now and again. It worked for all the greats. As nice a guy as Peyton Manning is, I've seen him absolutely chew out a WR if he ran the wrong route. Sanchez just frowns and shuffles over to the sideline. BALLS man! Own the team. I am 100% certain Rex has told him that over a million times. I don't understand why he has yet to get it?

I am fully of the opinion that rookie QBs should always take a year on the bench. Throwing them out there doesn't help their development. Sure, some are good enough to have success, but I think they would have even more if they learned the system and the nfl before playing...at least for half a season. That being said, I'd have no issue drafting a QB and letting McElroy hold down the ship until that rookie was ready.

Tebow is a winner, no one can take that from him. But I think he's a terrible QB skill wise and a media nightmare. He's not really an adult, if that makes sense. How can you look at guys in the huddle and get them to follow you, when you haven't even bedded a single girl. I mean, how is a guy like Cromartie going to listen or care about anything you think? He's not a man. And he's definitely not the second coming. Nice enough guy though, I suppose.
    Last edited by PanamaSmoketree; 12-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    At this point in his career he's got Joey Harrington written all over him. Like Greenlantern said the best he can be is Alex Smith caliber play. I don't want him anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PanamaSmoketree View Post
    I don't hate Sanchez either. All the talent in the world, could potentially do well on another team. But his time in New York is done. He just seems to be missing that leadership moxy. He gets down on himself. Thats not something any NFL QB can do and remain successful. He also says things like, "McElroy kicked butt" to the press after he got benched. Come on man, show some BALLS! Some f'n passion. Fight for your job and for your team. Throw a tantrum now and again. It worked for all the greats. As nice a guy as Peyton Manning is, I've seen him absolutely chew out a WR if he ran the wrong route. Sanchez just frowns and shuffles over to the sideline. BALLS man!

I am fully of the opinion that rookie QBs should always take a year on the bench. Throwing them out there doesn't help their development. Sure, some are good enough to have success, but I think they would have even more if they learned the system and the nfl before playing...at least for half a season. That being said, I'd have no issue drafting a QB and letting McElroy hold down the ship until that rookie was ready.

Tebow is a winner, no one can take that from him. But I think he's a terrible QB skill wise and a media nightmare. He's not really an adult, if that makes sense. How can you look at guys in the huddle and get them to follow you, when you haven't even bedded a single girl. I mean, how is a guy like Cromartie going to listen or care about anything you think? He's not a man. And he's definitely not the second coming. Nice enough guy though, I suppose.
    Thats a first for PSD, hes a virgin so he could never be a good leader......

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I don't hate Sanchez either. All the talent in the world, could potentially do well on another team. But his time in New York is done. He just seems to be missing that leadership moxy. He gets down on himself. Thats not something any NFL QB can do and remain successful. He also says things like, "McElroy kicked butt" to the press after he got benched. Come on man, show some BALLS! Some f'n passion. Fight for your job and for your team. Throw a tantrum now and again. It worked for all the greats. As nice a guy as Peyton Manning is, I've seen him absolutely chew out a WR if he ran the wrong route. Sanchez just frowns and shuffles over to the sideline. BALLS man! Own the team. I am 100% certain Rex has told him that over a million times. I don't understand why he has yet to get it?

The general rule is you draft a QB to sit for at least half a season to 2 years so they can get used to the speed of the game without getting clobbered on the field.

There are exceptions to this rule, and there have been a lot of QB's who have gotten thrown into the mix right out of school lately.

A 21 year old who has only started 13 games in college is not the exception...he is the rule.

Many people claimed Pete Carroll was just being selfish in suggesting that Sanchez should get one more year as a college QB, and maybe they were right that it was selfish of him to say it...that doesn't mean he was wrong.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

LMAO... too funny but I wont bite.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    To me, we have to give McElroy the season.

He's had 1/2 a good game so far. He's shown he has the confidence to play, and some skills - but not enough to judge him. He is going to make some poor plays, and he is going to have some rough passages of play and some bad games, but over the rest of the season we should see enough to see whether we go with him as starter or not.

_

If Sanchez starts it is basically saying no matter how bad you play, you will never get benched if you are a "starter". Even if he did have a good game against Jags, it would be massively deflating to the team.

Its clear that while I think we all agree Sanchez is a likeable guy, the team doesnt have confidence in him. He doesnt have confidence in himself.

I would honestly say is Sanchez starts next game, Rex should be sacked for it. I have always supported him despite the fact he's a loudmouth, despite the fact he neglects the offence, because I think he's a great defensive mind and he has the potential to be a leader if he can just get into his head that a leader cant always be everybody's friend - but starting Sanchez after whats happened the last two games would be such a bad decision I couldnt support him as a HC anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    To me, we have to give McElroy the season.

He's had 1/2 a good game so far. He's shown he has the confidence to play, and some skills - but not enough to judge him. He is going to make some poor plays, and he is going to have some rough passages of play and some bad games, but over the rest of the season we should see enough to see whether we go with him as starter or not.

_

If Sanchez starts it is basically saying no matter how bad you play, you will never get benched if you are a "starter". Even if he did have a good game against Jags, it would be massively deflating to the team.

Its clear that while I think we all agree Sanchez is a likeable guy, the team doesnt have confidence in him. He doesnt have confidence in himself.

I would honestly say is Sanchez starts next game, Rex should be sacked for it. I have always supported him despite the fact he's a loudmouth, despite the fact he neglects the offence, because I think he's a great defensive mind and he has the potential to be a leader if he can just get into his head that a leader cant always be everybody's friend - but starting Sanchez after whats happened the last two games would be such a bad decision I couldnt support him as a HC anymore.
    Rex just told Manish Mehta that he can't afford to lose your support, so he's going to start McElroy.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Im not trying to suggest that, just expressing how frustrated I would be if such a bad decision is made.

Do you think it will help Sanchez if he does come in when he knows none of his teammates want him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Im not trying to suggest that, just expressing how frustrated I would be if such a bad decision is made.

Do you think it will help Sanchez if he does come in when he knows none of his teammates want him?
    Its a no win situation as long as Sanchez is still on the team.

The apologists will always say 1 more chance. Will always have an excuse, a reason why he failed.

If Mcelroy goes in and does well it will be because the Jags suck.

If Sanchez goes in and does well it will be because he is "the better QB"

Will be the exact same thing next season if Sanchez is the backup.

Its just a toxic situation for any of the QB's next season if sanchez is still on the team.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    It will be very interesting to see what happens this week. I truly couldn't stomach another stupid Sanchez INT/fumble - I just can't. I would think that REX would give this game to McElroy - although unless you think McElroy is the reincarnation of Tom Brady (BTW - Brady was rated with good arm strength, and mechanics, but was thought of as a weak athlete) - and he is very smart, and is REX telling the truth about McElroy's arm-strength, "I never knew someone could improve their arm strength so much in the off-season."? - not by what I saw in Cortland, and in the game. I hope so because he does not have a strong arm, I mean, he threw that 3rd and 8 to S. Hill as hard as he could (great catch BTW from Hill, and also that 1 handed catch Kerley made - best catches of the year), and it was not smoking, HOWEVER, he's smart, and accurate throwing it short, and most people can heave it up high long, whether they can be accurate, or not is another thing. The biggest knock on McElroy coming out of college was his arm strength and his inability to hit the deep throws, and he had Julio Jones, so that's saying a lot. He is NEVER going to "stroke it, and smoke it," especially "outside the numbers," but who knows.

I actually think we all know that Greg McElroy is probably never going to be a big-time QB, but hey - you never know.

Mark Sanchez was placed in a bad situation - especially this year with poor offensive talent, Tony Sparano as OC - but the thing that killed him was bringing in Tim Tebow. I think Sanchez is probably ruined forever as a JET, and if so - fine, let's move on. I think Sanchez is a great kid, like many of us do, and played some of the greatest games in Jet History, and there are so many "what if's," but there comes a time when you have to move on.

I don't know how we can get rid of him, realistically, and unless REX really thinks he can over-come this, I don't see how he can be on the team next year. I guess, no matter what happens for the rest of the year - we have to dump Tebow (I'm not a hater, but I don't see Tim Tebow EVER being a good NFL QB - I could be wrong, but.....), bring in the best we can without wasting significant resources, continue to build this offense: (order of offense priority, but NOT necessarily draft picks except WR - 1st WR, 2nd RB, 3rd RT - and add LBs, a Safety, and somehow get someone that can rush the passer), and then have an open competition for QB, and just wait for the chance when we think we see our "Great QB," and hopefully the team will be ready to mature with him.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    It will be very interesting to see what happens this week. I truly couldn't stomach another stupid Sanchez INT/fumble - I just can't. I would think that REX would give this game to McElroy - although unless you think McElroy is the reincarnation of Tom Brady (BTW - Brady was rated with good arm strength, and mechanics, but was thought of as a weak athlete) - and he is very smart, and is REX telling the truth about McElroy's arm-strength, "I never knew someone could improve their arm strength so much in the off-season."? - not by what I saw in Cortland, and in the game. I hope so because he does not have a strong arm, I mean, he threw that 3rd and 8 to S. Hill as hard as he could (great catch BTW from Hill, and also that 1 handed catch Kerley made - best catches of the year), and it was not smoking, HOWEVER, he's smart, and accurate throwing it short, and most people can heave it up high long, whether they can be accurate, or not is another thing. The biggest knock on McElroy coming out of college was his arm strength and his inability to hit the deep throws, and he had Julio Jones, so that's saying a lot. He is NEVER going to "stroke it, and smoke it," especially "outside the numbers," but who knows.

I actually think we all know that Greg McElroy is probably never going to be a big-time QB, but hey - you never know.

Mark Sanchez was placed in a bad situation - especially this year with poor offensive talent, Tony Sparano as OC - but the thing that killed him was bringing in Tim Tebow. I think Sanchez is probably ruined forever as a JET, and if so - fine, let's move on. I think Sanchez is a great kid, like many of us do, and played some of the greatest games in Jet History, and there are so many "what if's," but there comes a time when you have to move on.

I don't know how we can get rid of him, realistically, and unless REX really thinks he can over-come this, I don't see how he can be on the team next year. I guess, no matter what happens for the rest of the year - we have to dump Tebow (I'm not a hater, but I don't see Tim Tebow EVER being a good NFL QB - I could be wrong, but.....), bring in the best we can without wasting significant resources, continue to build this offense: (order of offense priority, but NOT necessarily draft picks except WR - 1st WR, 2nd RB, 3rd RT - and add LBs, a Safety, and somehow get someone that can rush the passer), and then have an open competition for QB, and just wait for the chance when we think we see our "Great QB," and hopefully the team will be ready to mature with him.

GO JETS!!!
    Brady draft scouting report.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Breaking news: #jets announce that Ryan has named Sanchez starting QB.

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I've been told Mark Sanchez will, indeed, have shorter leash this week vs Jaguars. #NYJ confident Greg McElroy can come in relief if need be

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan never seriously considered starting Tim Tebow this week vs Jaguars. #nyj

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast